Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes. Me too. For a chick with tiny bone frame I have high tolerance to pain and I broke my collarbone doing something innocuous (certainly just a freak accident) and there’s no way I could attempt to use my arm.

I screamed and vomited when I broke mine.

IMG_1444.jpeg

But are you a doctor of neighborhood? 

If you zoom in and look closely, you can see nipple!

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Man I’m just an outsider here but holy shit is that a bad take…y’all are 6-1 with a close loss to a surprisingly good OU team after a decade+ of maddening mediocrity and you are (checks notes) complaining about Ewers?

Wtf do you consider great?  Beating Alabama at home?  

Us Pokes are about 2 weeks beyond figuring we weren’t making a bowl game at all and you’re…complaining about being 6-1?  Listen I’m the Prince of Whines but take that weak ass troll shit somewhere else.  

Bro if I WISH I had Okie lite expectations but unfortunately I’ll went to Texas 

• Fuck You 10

Murphy has a hell of an arm, no doubt about it. That was pretty obvious in the spring game. Whether he's got the acumen and accuracy to make the throws he needs to make is another matter altogether. 

The HC has to get up the OC's ass and make sure we've got the right calls planned for Murphy, and he (the HC) needs to get up the DC's ass and make it crystal clear to him that the D has to step it up, hugely. 

• Haha 1

Murphy has a hell of an arm, no doubt about it. That was pretty obvious in the spring game. Whether he's got the acumen and accuracy to make the throws he needs to make is another matter altogether. 
The HC has to get up the OC's ass and make sure we've got the right calls planned for Murphy, and he (the HC) needs to get up the DC's ass and make it crystal clear to him that the D has to step it up, hugely. 

Do you happen to know who calls plays?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Anyone who believes that is idiotic. 

Also not being talked about enough is that incredible touchdown pass he threw to Worthy. Perfect pass, right in stride, tight window, bullet. It was incredible. 

I thought it was about an inch and a half off. Otherwise it would have been perfect. 

2 hours ago, troph said:

I may be the only one here like this but I don’t really give a shit about the pros. I mean I’d like our players to do ok but I’m not really invested in their chance at making millions. 

You should, draft success helps with recruiting success. Recruiting success helps with on field success. If they’re getting drafted high that means our recruiting success is being developed. Which hasn’t been good at all for a decade plus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If Quinn doesnt go to the NFL in a few months, he gonna be passed up by Arch in the spring and never make it to the NFL

Just eyeballing warmups at OU, Quinn and Malik were next level at spinning it. Arch was not at their level. If it’s already been predestined, then prepared to be disappointed.

Based on spring snaps, warmups, and mop up duty, would love for Quinn to come back next year no matter what happens with his injury. And Quinn will not be supplanted by Arch or Malik if Quinn decides to stay.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes. Me too. For a chick with tiny bone frame I have high tolerance to pain and I broke my collarbone doing something innocuous (certainly just a freak accident) and there’s no way I could attempt to use my arm.

I screamed and vomited when I broke mine.

IMG_1444.jpeg

But are you a doctor of neighborhood? 

Nice rack

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hard Times said:

It will be interesting to hear the official word, but I'll be shocked if its a broken collarbone. I had one and I had to be put on a stretcher and taken to the ambulance. I couldn't even stand up. Thinking someone could go back in a game and play is mindboggling. 

I broke mine when I was 12.  I crashed my dirt bike in the desert, and had no choice but to ride the bike back to camp.  Getting going was a mofo, but I was able to ride with one hand once I was moving. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, troph said:

I may be the only one here like this but I don’t really give a shit about the pros. I mean I’d like our players to do ok but I’m not really invested in their chance at making millions. 

we recruit  kids who aren't swimming in wealth or are not from privileged socioeconomic backgrounds. congrats on not caring, but for those kids, their shot at changing the trajectory of multiple people around them is to make to the pros. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

If Murphy does have to play, everyone should be prepared for a bogged down offense. He’s still very much in development as a QB and can’t make a lot of the throws. 

I was prepared for heisman candidate play, thanks for the heads up.

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Just eyeballing warmups at OU, Quinn and Malik were next level at spinning it. Arch was not at their level. If it’s already been predestined, then prepared to be disappointed.

Based on spring snaps, warmups, and mop up duty, would love for Quinn to come back next year no matter what happens with his injury. And Quinn will not be supplanted by Arch or Malik if Quinn decides to stay.

“And Quinn will not be supplanted by Arch or Malik if Quinn decides to stay.”

completely disagree. He’s shown very little progress for a top 3 recruit all time. Hell, the dude was 4th string at OSU for a reason. He hasnt finished a season uninjured since his Soph year of HS. Ill bet any amount of money he leaves for the draft in the spring, even if he is injured. the nfl is gonna draft him in the 2nd round. He’ll flame oit and be in the cfl in 4 years. Fin

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

“And Quinn will not be supplanted by Arch or Malik if Quinn decides to stay.”

completely disagree. He’s shown very little progress for a top 3 recruit all time. Hell, the dude was 4th string at OSU for a reason. He hasnt finished a season uninjured since his Soph year of HS. Ill bet any amount of money he leaves for the draft in the spring, even if he is injured. the nfl is gonna draft him in the 2nd round. He’ll flame oit and be in the cfl in 4 years. Fin

ballgame?

2 hours ago, Jewish Wang said:

I love Quinn, but the play was dumb. Taking on a linebacker a full two yards short against Cougar High versus the prospect of your team playing without you for multiple weeks. Poor decision. 

90% of the people shitting on QE for taking on the defender both against OU and UH would be losing their minds if he slides in those situations.  I can just hear the cries of, "He's a prima donna pussy, protecting himself and his millions over being tough and trying to win for dear old Texas!".  Those folks will not be satisfied until the scientists somehow find a way for Colt and VY to have a kid, and he grows up to be a Longhorn QB.

Edited by MIkeHoncho
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

90% of the people shitting on QE for taking on the defender both against OU and UH would be losing their minds if he slides in those situations.  I can just hear the cries of, "He's a prima donna pussy, protecting himself and his millions over being tough and trying to win for dear old Texas!".  Those folks will not be satisfied until the scientists somehow find a way for Colt and VY to have a kid, and he grows up to be a Longhorn QB.

You spelled pre-madonna wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Anyone have link to full game replay? Some people are mentioning the sack he took at end of 1st half as the likely initial injury. Apparently didn't attempt throw long after that play and run was just too much to continue.

Went back and looked at my recording, he walks off the field with a bit of a limp after that sack, but appears fine in the third quarter and he does make some throws down the field without issue from what I can see. It was definitely that scramble that got him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

From Gerry:

(1:55 pm update) Just received a text from a source ... Quinn wants to play again this season. Texas and Ewers have gotten some initial information back today that it could be possible. Further testing/information is still needed for a final prognosis.

Maalik and Arch....COME ON DOWN

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

From Gerry:

(1:55 pm update) Just received a text from a source ... Quinn wants to play again this season. Texas and Ewers have gotten some initial information back today that it could be possible. Further testing/information is still needed for a final prognosis.

That’s kind of a non update. 

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

From Gerry:

That does not sound very promising 

4 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I’mGuessing he could be back for the last regular season game, if we’re lucky. Doesn’t sound like anytime soon.

It sounds like a non-update just like the TFB update. 

"Ewers wants to come back and that might be possible." Nobody is putting a definitive timeline on the injury because they have no clue. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Disagree.  That's an update that says it's bad enough that we shouldn't expect him for at least 3-4 weeks at best.  

It's definitely a non-update. 

You can always read through bullshit based on vague language. Nowhere does that IT update say he's going to be out 3-4 weeks. It just says "it's possible Ewers could be back this season" which gives them a ton of wiggle room. 

If sites had any clue on the severity of the injury they would be specific like "3-4 weeks".