Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Surly: “OMG HE SUCKS WERE DOOOMED”

ESPN: 

IMG_2571.thumb.png.c72d58d406afefb7d098eb837dfc7a49.png

Joke headline. His rating was on par with Quinn versus Wyoming. Every other start QE blew him out of the water (including UH). Beyond that he didn’t pass the eye test. He made 4 good throws and is very lucky he didn’t have 4 turnovers. 

The game was bad, and I’m already anticipating a KSU loss. We don’t have time for a developmental project. 

• Fuck You 25

Murphy is who he is right now. He was a project out of high school who missed valuable spring reps and practice reps with injuries over the last 18 months.

He isn’t ready to take over an offense in his second year. He was always a guy who needed to sit for multiple years.

We will have to make do with what he is. This is where coaches earn their paycheck. We can’t have him throwing off his back foot into double coverage next week.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Jewish Wang said:

Joke headline. His rating was on par with Quinn versus Wyoming. Every other start QE blew him out of the water (including UH). Beyond that he didn’t pass the eye test. He made 4 good throws and is very lucky he didn’t have 4 turnovers. 

The game was bad, and I’m already anticipating a KSU loss. We don’t have time for a developmental project. 

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

2 hours ago, Jewish Wang said:

know this was pre-game wishful thinking but come on man. 

No one knew James Street was going to be the QB to lead us to 20 consecutive wins and a NC when he replaced Bill Bradley during our second game in 1968 vs Texas Tech. Before sending Street into the game Coach Royal reportedly said, “Hell, you can’t do any worse”.  No.  One.  No one knew how Maalik was going to perform today.  Every UT fan should have been hoping for a Street-like performance/career for Murphy.  Evidently, you weren’t one of them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

No one knew James Street was going to be the QB to lead us to 20 consecutive wins and a NC when he replaced Bill Bradley during our second game in 1968 vs Texas Tech. Before sending Street into the game Coach Royal reportedly said, “Hell, you can’t do any worse”.  No.  One.  No one knew how Maalik was going to perform today.  Every UT fan should have been hoping for a Street-like performance/career for Murphy.  Evidently, you weren’t one of them.  

Meg Ryan Love GIF by HULU

• Haha 3

Missed most of the game. Yeah, had to take the Wife to a Pumpkin event in Dripping. Lots of dads/husbands stand around looking at their phones. 

Malik did what we wanted. He won. Will watch the replay tonight when the house is quiet before I have to carve a shit ton of pumpkins. 

Fuck it, Texas won, OU lost and aggy is crap. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Missed most of the game. Yeah, had to take the Wife to a Pumpkin event in Dripping. Lots of dads/husbands stand around looking at their phones. 

Malik did what we wanted. He won. Will watch the replay tonight when the house is quiet before I have to carve a shit ton of pumpkins. 

Fuck it, Texas won, OU lost and aggy is crap. 

The new Twilight post, congrats. 

• Haha 3

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

You all are assholes. I could continue, but 5 weeks after getting married I had to give up 1 Saturday. 

You missed the point. We won. 

Glad to be here. and Fuck OU. 

Pumpkins can be purchased and carved 7 days a week.  Grow some balls and carve out a 4 hour pumpkin free window.  The fact that you were doing it today tells me that your new bride is a lazy bitch, because most women who care about this kind of thing had it taken care of weeks ago.  I’ve carved a pumpkin and helped put out a small amount of decorations, and I did so without interfering with a Texas game.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

You all are assholes. I could continue, but 5 weeks after getting married I had to give up 1 Saturday. 

You had to go right? Just like once your married you are obligated sex and blow jobs every day right?

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Pumpkins can be purchased and carved 7 days a week.  Grow some balls and carve out a 4 hour pumpkin free window.  The fact that you were doing it today tells me that your new bride is a lazy bitch, because most women who care about this kind of thing had it taken care of weeks ago.  I’ve carved a pumpkin and helped put out a small amount of decorations, and I did so without interfering with a Texas game.

Well she is not a longhorn and games mean nothing. Damn man, I changed my wedding date to a Friday to not miss a game. 

Plus, we all know what is really undefeated. 

And I would not call her that. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Two turnovers and 170 yards passing against the Mormons would get Quinn absolutely toasted here. Our RBs and defense looked fyre tonight though. We’ll see what happens next week but that was not a good game from MM no matter how you spin it. 

Quinn Ewers was a #1 recruit, in his third season, with 17 starts - so, yeah, expectations would be a little higher.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enemy07 said:

You had to go right? Just like once your married you are obligated sex and blow jobs every day right?

Actually, I am not complaining at all 

Big man with his posts. 

Just said the kid did well, lots of Alumni were watching. Damn you dudes need to smoke a joint. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

Well she is not a longhorn and games mean nothing. Damn man, I changed my wedding date to a Friday to not miss a game. 

Plus, we all know what is really undefeated. 

And I would not call her that. 

So you moved your wedding, but won’t move pumpkin day? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

What the fuck are you idiots blathering about? 

Dude had some impressive flashes today and played a clean 2nd half. 

I'm starting to think old boomers don't know shit about football. 

Two old dudes talked to me at Oktoberfest about the horns, one told me Sark's playcalling was too conservative and we couldn't score in the red zone. I reminded him RS Freshman QB first start ect... just a blank stare. Another guy told me K State just beat Oklahoma and we got them next week. When I informed him it was Kansas that beat Oklahoma, he took 1 min to look it up on his phone, then agreed with me and said yeah but K State just beat Houston who almost beat Texas. Not what happened at all, but whatever. 

Annoying, or maybe it was because I wasn't drinking at Oktoberfest and I was around a bunch of drunks lol

Maalik will need to improve a lot next week, but the team around him should be more comfortable and not be pressing so hard. 

AD is a fucking DAWG and we need to keep feeding him. I was missing seeing J Whitt as much but he's really the 5th option, AD, Worthy, Sanders, Brooks, J Whitt. 

Even then Robinson needs more touches. Blue looked great too, so did Red and Baxter. I don't know how to get the ball to all of these guys 5+ times in only 60 snaps. 

Anyway we will whoop K State and Maalik will ball out. Stop being pussies. 

• Hook 'Em 8

37 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Of course I hoped for that. And no, I didn’t know how he’d perform.  Weird analogy, considering Bradley wasn’t hurt, and MM is markedly worse than QE, unlike Street.

Apparently my assessment wasn’t appreciated. Hope I’m wrong and we beat KSU. I’ll just fuck off. 

Edited by Jewish Wang

17 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I went with the wife/kids to the pumpkin bullshit in Dripping last weekend, you know…during a bye week and during the solar eclipse.

Learn from your mistakes young blood.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Two turnovers and 170 yards passing against the Mormons would get Quinn absolutely toasted here. Our RBs and defense looked fyre tonight though. We’ll see what happens next week but that was not a good game from MM no matter how you spin it. 

MM in his first start showed me shit I haven't seen from Quinn in his entire time on the 40. 

I'm more than happy to move on from Quinn. Dude has never been the answer and probably never will be. Him being out for the season and moving on to the draft probably advances this program in the right direction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

5 weeks and you already caved? ... Check your man card in and bow your head in shame xD.

I also missed most of the game. Had fence to build and today was the first day of reliably good weather and available time to do it. After the third Texas TD, I resumed work on the fence. Maalik looked about like I expected -- a work in progress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

MM in his first start showed me shit I haven't seen from Quinn in his entire time on the 40. 

I'm more than happy to move on from Quinn. Dude has never been the answer and probably never will be. Him being out for the season and moving on to the draft probably advances this program in the right direction. 

This board has lots its goddamned mind. Lol. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Were you drunk then, now, or both? Murphy looked like not a disaster, that's the best you can say. You know, other than the multiple disastrous plays. 

So you think Quinn is a national championship winning QB? 

Don't twist what I'm saying. 

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Jfc it was 30 wins

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Jewish Wang said:

Tap in?  Okay, I’ll take the points. Im not talking shit. Im calling it like I see it, and frankly everyone I know sees it the same way, but Surly sees it differently. Your obnoxious take is a guy that is 6-1 with 13 TDs and 3 INTs with a 164 rating and literally the highest ranked recruit ever should be scrapped in the midst of a 7-1 season because you saw a few things you liked out of a complete project. That sentiment prevails here. 

Im prob getting negged because I’m not providing the requisite preambles here that I understand MM is a redshirt freshman, etc. I understand that. This isn’t last year. We have a chance to win the conference champ and cannot wait on MM to develop. I understand this isn’t his fault but your hot take is particularly ridiculous. 

@immamac hey can we get a sanction here - me and @Jewish Wang both send you $200 - you send the winner $400.

Bet is Texas -7.5.

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers