2023 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

On 3/1/2023 at 5:34 PM, LTtxfan said:

Wonder how difficult Roc Nation Sports is to deal with for NFL teams???

Roschon Johnson signs with Roc Nation Sports ahead of 2023 NFL Draft

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Roschon-Johnson-Roc-Nation-Sports-2023-NFL-Draft-205473903/

roschon is going to be nice pick up for some team 

16 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I kind of think Young drops some. Not sure too many teams want the Kyler experience. 

The Kyler experience has more to do with his shitty attitude and work ethic than his size. Young is the opposite in that regard. But he also doesn’t have Murray’s athleticism. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I guess that’s a good 40 time for DMo?  I hope he runs sub 4.5 at the pro day. He’s pretty light but tall/long arms with a lot of potential. A team is really going to have to like him because I think he’s a NFL tweener. Day 2 pick would be a big win for him. 

It’s really hard to get a feel for him. He’s not as “athletic” as we’d like him to be. Bench reps were pretty poor. He’s smaller than Campbell but his first 10 yards of the 40 (just outside the top 10) were the same at 1.59. That’s not top 10 for LBers. And would be tied for 3rd worst amongst safeties. No shuttle or 3 cone drill, but a number of dudes didn’t run those. No vertical.

He’s not a tweener in the sense that he can’t play safety. His change of direction wouldn’t allow for it. I don’t think dropping 15 pounds does that. He really is a LB but doesn’t have outstanding physical attributes. He’s aggressive, plays hard and upfield. That’s his sell so he’ll just need one team to want that.

The Kyler experience has more to do with his shitty attitude and work ethic than his size. Young is the opposite in that regard. But he also doesn’t have Murray’s athleticism. 
Which will help him be a better qb, IMO. Without athleticism, he will have to be a real student of the game.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

People have no problem projecting Ewers as an early 1st rounder if he ‘works on some things’; are Richardson’s fundamentals that much worse?

Yes. Ewers actually has some fundamentals. He needs work, which he’s getting from an excellent offensive staff for QBs, and he needs a better WR room, which he’s also getting. OL development will also lead to the premise that suddenly Quinn Ewers is amazing. 

Richardson has no fundamentals. He’s capable of looking absolutely terrible or amazing because of his athleticism and lack of any mechanical foundation upon which to rely. Watching him play QB at Florida was often borderline uncomfortable. I can’t imagine what UF fans think of the experience. You could make an argument that UF is about to have produced a top 10 draft pick that improved their team by leaving it. 

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I kind of think Young drops some. Not sure too many teams want the Kyler experience. 

The Kyler experience has a lot more to do with what's inside his head and not his physical makeup. Young is a very cerebral player, a leader, and not a little bitch.

Edit: I see this has already been addressed. Still, fuck Kyler Murray.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yes. Ewers actually has some fundamentals. He needs work, which he’s getting from an excellent offensive staff for QBs, and he needs a better WR room, which he’s also getting. OL development will also lead to the premise that suddenly Quinn Ewers is amazing. 

Richardson has no fundamentals. He’s capable of looking absolutely terrible or amazing because of his athleticism and lack of any mechanical foundation upon which to rely. Watching him play QB at Florida was often borderline uncomfortable. I can’t imagine what UF fans think of the experience. You could make an argument that UF is about to have produced a top 10 draft pick that improved their team by leaving it. 

If Richardson goes in the top ten, I will post a picture with sharpies involved.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Helobious said:

Jackson & Newton we’re both significantly better in college than Richardson was.

Very true, but Josh Allen wasn't.

21 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I agree.  Maybe not much but he's even smaller than Kyler and not nearly as explosive.  I mean Young had to really pump up to get 205 lbs.

12 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Had perhaps the best combine of all-time. I could see him going #1 overall and then 3 years from now reading how he was a huge bust.

I think Stroud is the presumptive #1 pick now or certainly #1 QB taken.  He had a really good combine.  ARich is a freak but he has a lot of bad tape too.  Do you be on his athleticism?  The interviews he had were supposedly spectacular but he's a very hesitant athlete on the field.  Be interesting where he goes.  I think he needs to sit a year and maybe 1.5 before you begin to unleash him.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

They think they’re entitled to 3 first rounders for their #1 in a year where the draft class seems mediocre at most positions. 
rob ford GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

Pick swaps or they want 3 first round picks period? 

I think the Bears will throw up dozens of smoke screens unnecessarily and then draft Carter. 

Very curious to see how they each run. Rojo has such good long speed, but Bijans burst is much better, his vert surprised me tbh. Expect them both in the 4.45-4.5 range, with Bijan having a ridiculous 10yd split and Rojo a higher end mph if those get released.

🤘

• Like 1

Very curious to see how they each run. Rojo has such good long speed, but Bijans burst is much better, his vert surprised me tbh. Expect them both in the 4.45-4.5 range, with Bijan having a ridiculous 10yd split and Rojo a higher end mph if those get released.

Bijon being a human joystick is hard to measure at a combine.