Jordan Whittington appreciation thread

TexArcher

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never been more proud of a guy wearing the burnt orange. He was constantly overcoming adversity. A winning TD on that last series would have been a storybook moment for him and Texas, but not his fault it didn't happen. Hopefully one day Jordan is officially our "Minister of Culture." Sounds like he already is behind the scenes. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Dammit don't we have cloning perfected yet?

Actually, we do. There are two problems, though: (1) figuring out how to put a womb in a 5-gallon jar, and (2) making it gestate a 20-year-old (in 9 months) instead of an infant. First one might be doable, but the second is prolly gonna require time travel.

• Haha 2

Be a good man...be a good man. 

Some things change...some don't.

Texas forever. 

I was excited about him when he came into the program, and I couldn't be more proud of what he became despite all of the adversity he faced during his time in Austin.

Hook'em, JWhitt.

• Hook 'Em 2

Some team is gonna take a “chance” on J Whitt because the stats don’t look eye watering.  What they are gonna get is a complete team player that will give you everything everytime he’s on the field.  His combine work and private workouts are gonna have GMs saying.  wtf.  Get this guy 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Watching him play you never wondered if he was giving his all. Combine that with coming back time after time (after time) from injuries and I don't know if I rooted much harder or cheered louder for any player.

I nearly jumped through the roof on his final catch as a Longhorn ... that will be a lasting moment evocative of the excitement and potential he brought to every play he was involved in here.

Hook 'em.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Wish we could have him longer but everything has to come to an end.  He was worthy of more targets than he got but never complained and you knew he’d never leave for more playing time etc.  Like Rojo you knew he bled orange without ever having heard him talk.  Just the way he played and carried himself on the field.  Hoping he stays healthy and gets a chance to play in the league.   Thank you for everything you gave the Longhorn Nation.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I hate to see any of the players leave but I’m sad to see Jordan go.  Great player even better person.  Guys like Jordan do well in the NFL because they know how to overcome adversity all while having a big smile on his face.  He will be missed.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Some team is gonna take a “chance” on J Whitt because the stats don’t look eye watering.  What they are gonna get is a complete team player that will give you everything everytime he’s on the field.  His combine work and private workouts are gonna have GMs saying.  wtf.  Get this guy 

As soon as he starts cleaning up the film room, look out. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Watching him play you never wondered if he was giving his all. Combine that with coming back time after time (after time) from injuries and I don't know if I rooted much harder or cheered louder for any player.

I nearly jumped through the roof on his final catch as a Longhorn ... that will be a lasting moment evocative of the excitement and potential he brought to every play he was involved in here.

Hook 'em.

Seriously, I don’t get into storybook meant to be bullshit but at that moment I was like holy fuck we might do this! That’s an amazing feeling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...