#3 Bama at #6 Tennessee, Saturday Oct 15th @ 2:30pm CT on CBS

LTtxfan

33 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Can someone above my "played intramurals brother" level of X's and O's explain to me how Heupel is so successful?  Hooker was a 3rd string sub last year.  They don't have much of a running game.  The players performing aren't exactly 5 stars.  But, holy heck that offense.

Do what now

guy threw 31 tds against 3 ints

F8729F76-7400-4B7E-A4CE-82AEF7A80A8A.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

How does it feel to see the beginning of the end of your dynasty?  With NIL and Saban getting old, your time at the top is over.

If there ever was a real "dynasty," a word that is as tired and overused as "iconic" and "storied," the end of it has begun every couple of years since Cam Newton shit in our mess kit in 2010. Somehow, Nick Saban never seems to get the memo.

You might be right but only time will tell. I just enjoy watching college football, especially when the unexpected happens and an underdog plays like a team on a mission and humbles a favorite. Sucks when it's Bama, but it happens. We could still make the playoff, even win it. Several bad habits are going to have to change, though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

My bad.  Thinking 2 years ago.  I believe Milton was starting and horrible.  IIRC, Hooker replaced him at some point adter Milton shit the bed.

Dont understand how qb had that number and (1) team did so bad. leaky defense ?  (2) his name was quiet last year

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Can someone above my "played intramurals brother" level of X's and O's explain to me how Heupel is so successful?  Hooker was a 3rd string sub last year.  They don't have much of a running game.  The players performing aren't exactly 5 stars.  But, holy heck that offense.

Remember how SEC people used to say the Big 12 didn’t play defense and we would say they had a bunch of backward offenses?  Heupel (the Leach then Briles disciple) is starting to show who had the better of the argument. This is like when Spurrier hit the SEC in 1990. 

I think @LTtxfan posted a couple of Youtube videos early in the thread doing breakdowns of the X’s & O’s. 

Edited by Duane Moore
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, 59 Burst said:

I’m fucking shocked Heupel is turning out to be a real coach. I did not see that coming.

He took UCF to an undefeated season and he had Tennessee playing competitive football last year with the scholarship limits. I would say it was at least a feasible jump.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

"run"

Appropriate that the major sport that involves the least amount of actual running, and in which you literally spend half the game sitting on a bench waiting your turn and most of the other half standing stationary waiting on a ball that probably won't come to you, insists on calling their points "runs".  

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

Appropriate that the major sport that involves the least amount of actual running, and in which you literally spend half the game sitting on a bench waiting your turn and most of the other half standing stationary waiting on a ball that probably won't come to you, insists on calling their points "runs".  

Point of order....hockey players don't run.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Tenn GA in a few weeks will determine who plays Bama in the SEC CCG.  Is TN ready for primetime? 

I would argue that with usc losing on Saturday, Tennessee losing a close one at UGA is its easiest path to the playoff as long as they handily take care of Kentucky. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Counter to the counterpoint:  Two games later it went 6 hours and 22 fucking minutes before either team scored a point.  Baseball is a snoozefest and even its best moments don't change that.  

Dude I loved that game. It was amazing. I loved that 3-2 25 inning craziness between Texas and Boston College as well. Sometimes baseball loses its damn mind and things that shouldn't happen, like nobody be able to score for hours and hours, just happens. It's super rare but its amazing. And I get that only hardcore baseball fans like me think that that's great. But come on, that rarely ever happens. It was weird that it happened twice in one post-season I admit. But hey you will never see that again in a regular season MLB game and I think that is sad.

But I get it. It's not for everybody. But, again, that is a rare occurrence and you will only ever see it in playoff games, at least in MLB, from now on. Hardly a normal baseball game. Most of them rush along and are finished well before a football game would be.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I mean in football you spend more than half the game sitting on the bench waiting your turn. If you are a kicker it might be 95% of the game. The game is like three hours long and there is like 10 minutes of actual gameplay going on. The other time everybody is literally standing around doing nothing while the clock just ticks down.

I love football. It's amount of running around has nothing to do with how good it is. Come on man, this is idiotic. 

Edited by Valmy77

I would argue that with usc losing on Saturday, Tennessee losing a close one at UGA is its easiest path to the playoff as long as they handily take care of Kentucky. 

Clemson looking a hell of a lot better than last year screws up a 3 SEC team playoff. They don’t have any real tests after cuse and @Notre dame*fart*

I’d guess both winners ole miss/bama & Georgia/tenn will get in, so basically each participant of the sec championship game unless UCLA and TCU stay undefeated

Also winner of Michigan/Ohio St

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Clemson looking a hell of a lot better than last year screws up a 3 SEC team playoff. They don’t have any real tests after cuse and @Notre dame*fart*

I’d guess both winners ole miss/bama & Georgia/tenn will get in, so basically each participant of the sec championship game unless UCLA and TCU stay undefeated

Also winner of Michigan/Ohio St

Not if Georgia beats Alabama in the SECCG. Voters will definitely vote in Tenn over two loss Alabama that the vols beat head to head. 

Not if Georgia beats Alabama in the SECCG. Voters will definitely vote in Tenn over two loss Alabama that the vols beat head to head. 

What if Georgia beats Tenn, and bama beats ole miss & Georgia?

Georgia & bama gets in while tenn left to dry? This is gonna messy like 09.

Especially if TCU and ucla muck it up, because there’ll be potentially 3 1 loss sec teams before those 2 even pop up. Not to mention Michigan Ohio St and Clemson

Some undefeated might get buttfucked but history shows these cute 1 year wonder teams get destroyed in the playoffs

26 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

What if Georgia beats Tenn, and bama beats ole miss & Georgia?

Georgia & bama gets in while tenn left to dry? This is gonna messy like 09.

Especially if TCU and ucla muck it up, because there’ll be potentially 3 1 loss sec teams before those 2 even pop up. Not to mention Michigan Ohio St and Clemson

Some undefeated might get buttfucked but history shows these cute 1 year wonder teams get destroyed in the playoffs

I don’t think an undefeated gets hosed for the tenn-uga loser…I just don’t think it’s likely to happen that TCU goes undefeated…same for UCLA. No doubt that if either of them do go undefeated and win conf championship, then they are in. 

Ohio state and Clemson will be in (assuming Clemson doesn’t trip on its dick somewhere). The sec champ will be in. Don’t see a pac12 or big 12 team going unscathed. 

that’s why I see a one loss uga or tenn to the other having a solid path to make it in…IF, the winner turns around and beats Alabama in the secccg. 

This sucked but I'm hopeful the loss can get the Tide players and coaches to stop coasting on talent and actually play to their potential. It blows wasting Bryce Young as a QB and a performance like he had this last game. 

Also, if that was not targeting on Bryce then I do not know what targeting is, and hope they never call it again. The Vols played awesome and Roll Tide etc

5 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

This sucked but I'm hopeful the loss can get the Tide players and coaches to stop coasting on talent and actually play to their potential. It blows wasting Bryce Young as a QB and a performance like he had this last game. 

Also, if that was not targeting on Bryce then I do not know what targeting is, and hope they never call it again. The Vols played awesome and Roll Tide etc

We got away with the head shot for sure. I give Bryce Young a ton of credit. He is a baller.