Lina Hidalgo

Nice Guy Eddie

5 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Why would SJL give up a completely safe seat in the House?

She doesn't have to give up the seat to run. She can run for Mayor and have a pretty good retirement gig if she wins. If she doesn't win, she still has her day job until she no longer wants it.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:29 PM, royiv said:

She doesn't have to give up the seat to run. She can run for Mayor and have a pretty good retirement gig if she wins. If she doesn't win, she still has her day job until she no longer wants it.

This is a good point.  I know Carroll Robinson is thinking of running for her seat if she wins the mayoral race.  He's been very active in Houston politics for a while now and currently heads the Democratic Black Caucus of Texas.  

51 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

This is a good point.  I know Carroll Robinson is thinking of running for her seat if she wins the mayoral race.  He's been very active in Houston politics for a while now and currently heads the Democratic Black Caucus of Texas.  

Lina would be tough to beat 

"cops are paid every two weeks instead of twice a month so every ~6 months they get paid thrice.  if we can include 2 of those triple pay months we can shout about harris county defunding cops by comparing it to the year because 16/26 > 7/12!"

thinking hard elizabeth holmes GIF by Vulture.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I admire anyone, especially someone that is in a high profile public facing position, that prioritizes their mental health and is upfront about seeking help. In this environment, that's a courageous thing to do.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 5

Have already heard about this from the avid right wing media consumer  in my life. Apparently only Hidalgo can declare an emergency if something happens in Houston and she's putting the entire city at risk, because she cannot delegate the authority to declare an emergency. I'm assuming that's bullshit, but even if it's not, it could be worked out. She's in treatment for depression, it's not like she'll be sedated on thorazine for a month. 

They also mentioned Hidalgo is under investigation, which I am assuming is also bullshit, but does anyone know what they are talking about?