Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Texas was favored but it taking down the Brooks Bros. was still a huge win and no small feat.

That same team was responsible for one of my favorite all-time regular-season wins--beating a stacked UCLA side at Pauley Pavilion. How stacked? Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love, and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, for starters.

Several great teams that season, and Texas was one of them. Barnes put together a special crew.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

Not many would have guessed with the Sec getting 8 bids that a Beard coached Ole Miss would not be one of them.

reading the stuff around here, none of that was his fault. true genius is often working on a higher level. im sure his team stats show they're a top 12 team 

surly poster >>> ole miss should extend him now !

13 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

reading the stuff around here, none of that was his fault. true genius is often working on a higher level. im sure his team stats show they're a top 12 team 

I wonder how well this post ages. It’ll be interesting to see if he can replicate his success outside of Texas the next few years or if he’ll just be a “what could’ve been” coach. As a Tech fan I’ll def be rooting for the latter and don’t care if it is considered schadenfreude. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I mean he did go 20-12...the season before they were 12-21.

Dude will probably be beating Texas and in the sweet 16 by the next 2 seasons

35 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

13-0 in non conference as well

A turnaround of this magnitude doesn’t happen often at a poverty program like Ole Miss. Have to go back half a decade to find anything remotely similar.

IMG_5376.thumb.jpeg.a2caff8981d31a0a0676a0ffeda6687f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’m still keeping Tre Mitchell in my thoughts and prayers from the personal matter Beard said was keeping him away from the team at Texas.

Chris had a personal matter that kept him from the team as well.  

also, I’m open to betting that Texas has a better conference record than ole miss next year

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

13-0 in non conference as well

We could only be so lucky to have beaten Detroit Mercy by a point. I’m so envious 

Not a single nonconf opponent in NET 1-60 but they did beat NCST. But not super elite March ACCT NCST

Edited by Js1

apparently big time college basketball conference was a bit too much for ol Kermit.  Lets compare to Beard big time college basketball conference.

Texas Tech Red Raiders (Big 12 Conference) (2016–2021)
2016–17 Texas Tech 18–14 6–12 T–7th  
2017–18 Texas Tech 27–10 11–7 T–2nd NCAA Division I Elite Eight
2018–19 Texas Tech 31–7 14–4 T–1st NCAA Division I Runner-Up
2019–20 Texas Tech 18–13 9–9 T–3rd NCAA Division I Cancelled
2020–21 Texas Tech 18–11 9–8 T–6th NCAA Division I Round of 32
Texas Tech: 112–55 (.671) 49–40 (.551)  
Texas Longhorns (Big 12 Conference) (2021–2023)
2021–22 Texas 22–12 10–8 4th NCAA Division I Round of 32
2022–23 Texas 7–1[a] 0–0    
Texas: 29–13 (.690) 10–8 (.556)  
Ole Miss Rebels (Southeastern Conference) (2023–present)
2023–24 Ole Miss 20–12 7–11 10th
Ole Miss Rebels (Southeastern Conference) (2018–2023)
2018–19 Ole Miss 20–13 10–8 T–6th NCAA Division I Round of 64
2019–20 Ole Miss 15–17 6–12 12th  
2020–21 Ole Miss 16–12 10–8 6th NIT First Round
2021–22 Ole Miss 13–19 4–14 13th  
2022–23[a] Ole Miss 10–18 2–13 13th

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’m still keeping Tre Mitchell in my thoughts and prayers from the personal matter Beard said was keeping him away from the team at Texas.

Not to be outdone by his classy handling of the Arterio Morris personal matter. Recruiting and protecting a future rapist who subsequently contributed fuck-all on the court.  

Oof. Not great in hindsight, Chris.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

apparently big time college basketball conference was a bit too much for ol Kermit.  Lets compare to Beard big time college basketball conference.

Texas Tech Red Raiders (Big 12 Conference) (2016–2021)
2016–17 Texas Tech 18–14 6–12 T–7th  
2017–18 Texas Tech 27–10 11–7 T–2nd NCAA Division I Elite Eight
2018–19 Texas Tech 31–7 14–4 T–1st NCAA Division I Runner-Up
2019–20 Texas Tech 18–13 9–9 T–3rd NCAA Division I Cancelled
2020–21 Texas Tech 18–11 9–8 T–6th NCAA Division I Round of 32
Texas Tech: 112–55 (.671) 49–40 (.551)  
Texas Longhorns (Big 12 Conference) (2021–2023)
2021–22 Texas 22–12 10–8 4th NCAA Division I Round of 32
2022–23 Texas 7–1[a] 0–0    
Texas: 29–13 (.690) 10–8 (.556)  
Ole Miss Rebels (Southeastern Conference) (2023–present)
2023–24 Ole Miss 20–12 7–11 10th
Ole Miss Rebels (Southeastern Conference) (2018–2023)
2018–19 Ole Miss 20–13 10–8 T–6th NCAA Division I Round of 64
2019–20 Ole Miss 15–17 6–12 12th  
2020–21 Ole Miss 16–12 10–8 6th NIT First Round
2021–22 Ole Miss 13–19 4–14 13th  
2022–23[a] Ole Miss 10–18 2–13 13th

What a loser!!

image.jpeg.0490fdd1a1781c46e6f3885463d1a139.jpeg

It's got to kill him that his alma mater hasn't missed a step since he decided to be a bitch.
Define "missed a step". Texas took a huge step back this year from last year. They rode the momentum of what Beard built last year. He was on his way to building something pretty good here.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
15 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
It's got to kill him that his alma mater hasn't missed a step since he decided to be a bitch.

Define "missed a step". Texas took a huge step back this year from last year. They rode the momentum of what Beard built last year. He was on his way to building something pretty good here.

1st coach in 15 years to make it to the round of 32 in consectutive tournaments.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
33 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I mean Chris was 10-8 in conference his first year and had a second round exit 

Beard is a great coach but this is what he's done in the last 5 years. 

9-9 in Big 12 and tournament cancelled. 

9-8 in Big 12 and round of 32. 

10-8 in Big 12 and round of 32. 

Choked his fiance and fired.

7-11 in the SEC and missed the tournament. 

If you looked at this resume and his name was Rodney Terry there would be people on this board losing their minds. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Texas took a huge step back this year from last year.

You think that's written in stone?  You do realize we're in the second round and our two best players were not exactly at their peak tonight, right?

Are you Helobious?

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If you looked at this resume and his name was Rodney Terry there would be people on this board losing their minds. 

should i even get into how disingenuous this is, or should i just duck for saying “disingenuous” again? chris beard was here for 18 months. he overachieved with his first team, and then never got to finish anything with his second team. now he’s at ole miss which might literally be the worst power conference program in the country, and he’s had one season there with a bunch of terrible players who don’t fit his system.

here’s a not-disingenuous way to describe his last 2-3 years: chris beard did more with what he had than was expected every single one of those years. don’t tell me about the dumbass AP preseason poll his first year at Texas, and don’t tell me that RT would have come remotely close to having as much success building a roster and then competing in the big xii and the ncaa tourney considering what the roster looked like when beard took over. again, he had UT at no.1 in kenpom in december of his second season (with zero nba players), and that team, which fell off considerably in nearly every trackable metric (including the eye test) after beard got fired still went to the elite 8 regardless.

unless you’re ready to make the argument that RT is a better HC than chris beard, then stop popping in with these wildly disingenuous characterizations of beard’s last few years, as if it’s just been a totally normal three year stretch at a power school like Texas, or as if reducing his last three years to a couple of sentences and basic stats tells an accurate story.

• Hook 'Em 1

Beard absolutely didn’t overachieve in his first year here. He won a single tournament game. Woo hoo. Throw a parade.

He deserves credit for reloading with some players who had already won 1st Team All Conference honors in Carr (Big 10), Allen (PAC 10), Tre Mitchell (A10). But he also lost a lot of talent when he got here. And ultimately won a single tourney game.

I expected more out of that group honestly. And it looked like we were on our way in 22-23.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

allegedly

9 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

It should be. But didn’t they sign that shitbird for life?

UK signed a horrible deal that with Calipari. At $33M, he literally has the biggest buyout in college athletic history. No one will ever top it. They should be embarrassed about it. Oh, wait. 

coachfishergigemaggies-2.jpg

10 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

UK signed a horrible deal that with Calipari. At $33M, he literally has the biggest buyout in college athletic history. No one will ever top it. They should be embarrassed about it. Oh, wait. 

coachfishergigemaggies-2.jpg

One eyebrow with aggy is strong…..

• Hook 'Em 1

There’s a decent chance McCullar, Terrence Shannon (pending trial), and Jaylon Tyson are all first round picks in a few months. Beard leaving for UT really earned each of them millions in the end. The power of two egg McMuffins in Plainview.

I've been watching the Calipari train-wreck videos on YouTube. He really threw his players under the bus in the press conference following the horrible loss to Oakland. 
Fun tip: great leaders don't use language to separate themselves from their team. Calipari says awful things like, 'They couldn't do stuff.' 'They got anxious,' etc. Subtext: 'It wasn't my fault.'

In many of the videos, the creators discuss whom they would like to replace him. Guess what name hasn't been ever mentioned?

Chris Beard really screwed up his life.  

I could tolerate Beard at Ole Miss, but if he coaches at Arky he can go fuck himself.

If he’s paid any attention to me he’s been fucking himself so bad the past year and a half his asshole has gone flabby
  • Haha 1

I asked this in the coaching search thread but is Arkansas even a destination school or another stepping stone job for Beard? 

It would already be his 5th school in a relatively short amount of time. Eventually he has to stick somewhere if his ultimate goal is to win big.