Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Just now, ztejas said:

Not in Texas I guess. I believe in California there is a time frame of like 7 years living together. 

Common law marriage doesn't exist in California for any reason or length of time (that's actually the majority rule in the US - only 10 or so states still have the concept).  But California does have a complicated domestic partnership law that has some rights that occur automatically, and some you have to contract for in writing.  Depends on the specific issue.

• Like 1

I think the most likely outcome at this point is that he gets fired by the end of week. But, if it is truly self-defense or some sort of crazy misunderstanding (and the evidence on that would have to be really fucking convincing), then he has a shot at sticking around. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Nate said:

I'm a Tech graduate, thus I'm not entirely enamored with Beard as you might expect.  But with that said...

I was really hoping when I first heard the news that it wasn't true.  Honestly, I still am.  Part of me is holding out hope that APD was overzealous in their charge, and that Beard didn't do anything remotely close to what he's being accused of.  Knowing APD's history, that is not entirely out of the question (I remember how terrible they were in the 80's when my sister was attending St. Ed's.  I think APD long held the reputation as being one of the worst in the state for being overly zealous and bullying).

I guess the odds are there's enough smoke here to indicate a fire.  But the thing is Beard still deserves due-process, and he should be treated as innocent until proven guilty.  We don't need mob rule, even in DV cases.  UT is smart enough to know this and they will do things by the book and not fire him unless cause has been established.  I promise you that will not happen today.

Beard deserves his due process, and you all as alumni and fans of UT deserve to have due process played out correctly and by the book.  

While I agree with the sentiment to an extent, employers don't have the luxury of waiting for criminal due process. He'll get some type of investigation by the University. If that investigation doesn't convince the University that he is innocent (as opposed to just creating doubt on his guilt), then he is gone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah. He has to be fired, or at least suspended, immediately. Today.

With or without pay?  Horrible optics (I know, I know overused word but still). He shouldn’t step foot his office/Moody Center until this is resolved.  The team could crash and burn from tonight on. Hopefully not but I’m not confident. 

I would love to listen into CDC’s phone calls today 🤔

Edited by NashLonghorn
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Common law marriage doesn't exist in California for any reason or length of time (that's actually the majority rule in the US - only 10 or so states still have the concept).  But California does have a complicated domestic partnership law that has some rights that occur automatically, and some you have to contract for in writing.  Depends on the specific issue.

Yeah wasn't sure if it was actually common law marriage. I just know that if it's been a certain amount of time and you break up with someone they can claim some of your assets like if you were married. 

11 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

It doesn’t matter. Domestic violence of any sort is zero tolerance. He’s gone. Anyone thinking any differently is a dumbass motherfucker.

It bears repeating that Texas isn't going to jump right from a public relations nightmare straight into a wrongful termination suit that keeps this out in the public domain.

• Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Well I would hope he wouldn’t fire me less than 12 hours after I was arrested before he knew the facts. That’s what I was responding to. It’s a stupid take.

I think the difference here is that the fact this is being blasted all over national news. We want to see UT move quickly because of our love for UT and it's reputation. We already have Morris and his pending legal shit. We don't want to be the domestic abuse school.

So UT needs to make it clear publicly that we don't tolerate this shit. 

I would think your boss also wouldn't want his company developing a reputation like that in whatever industry you are in either.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

The arrest and charge alone ensure he will not coach again at Texas.  It's only a matter of how that plays out.  He will never coach a game here again.  It's not a matter of mitigating circumstances.  That's for the severance discussion.

Yeah I'm not sure what is so hard to understand about this for some people. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, NashLonghorn said:

With or without pay?  Horrible optics (I know, I know overused word but still). He shouldn’t step foot his office/Moody Center until this is resolved.  The team could crash and burn from tonight on. Hopefully not but I’m not confident. 

I'm an employment lawyer.  I'd suspend him with pay and do your own internal investigation.  Although he's salaried so who the fuck cares -- you'll know how it's going to end within a few days.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I think the difference here is that the fact this is being blasted all over national news. We want to see UT move quickly because of our love for UT and it's reputation. We already have Morris and his pending legal shit. We don't want to be the domestic abuse school.

So UT needs to make it clear publicly that we don't tolerate this shit. 

I would think your boss also wouldn't want his company developing a reputation like that in whatever industry you are in either.

Yup. While we’re at it, Morris needs to go as well. Fuck this shit.

• Fuck You 10

Best case scenario is that someone is lying and the arresting cops got in a pissing match with Beard and this is the result. But I don't think a popular, winning coach in the state of Texas gets arrested unless his conduct pretty much gives the police no choice whatsoever. Let's wait and see, but people's heads will roll if he could have been fired any earlier and someone waited around just because he's a good coach.

1 minute ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I'm an employment lawyer.  I'd suspend him with pay and do your own internal investigation.  Although he's salaried so who the fuck cares -- you'll know how it's going to end within a few days.

We’ll at least we have the Moody Center and fantastic facilities so hopefully we’ll get some looks from great coaches. 

44 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Some of y’all need to read this carefully. This is bigger than sports for those that actually have degrees from the University of Texas.

Fuck Beard and those defending him.

go away gtfo GIF

Bro. Take a second look at your meme here, and walk away from the keyboard. This doesn't end well for you. Even if he ultimately gets fired your take is wrong AT THIS TIME. You don't have any of the facts, and the school doesn't have all the facts. They can't fire him "for cause" when they don't know what, if anything, he even did. People that actually have degrees from the University of Texas should understand that. The people running said university understand that. And the attorneys advising said people absolutely understand that. If he beat up his fiancee, he will be fired in due course. There is no upside to firing him now, only downside. 

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Because no one here knows what happened. 

We know someone called the cops and said Beard was choking a woman. We know the cops arrested Beard for choking a woman. CDC needs to fire him right now. Anyone who thinks otherwise is really, really, really stupid. This isn't about what really happened. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 6

2 minutes ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Have a question for you, and I'll be happy to DM if you would like...

Do employment lawyers shy away from taking on cases if the employer is the UT System or another State of Texas agency because of the whole sovereign immunity thing?  I know someone who is being retaliated against by her boss because she went on partial FMLA, creating a hostile work environment, the works.  She's talked to a couple of law firms who advertise that this is their specialty, but as soon as they find out she works for the UT System, they won't touch it.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi