Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

33 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I don't get why I am getting neged here. Do you guys think he should just coach tonight and we move on like nothing happened unless he is actually convicted? I just cannot imagine somebody thinking he shouldn't at least be immediately suspended. 

Saw that, and I was a little confused by it. Actually thought about it for a bit before scrolling away. I think it's probably because of the first part of your statement. Saying he should be suspended pending an investigation is perfectly rational. Once the school has somewhat of a grasp on what actually went down, 99% chance that's going to happen unless Beard calls up CDC and says "yeah, I beat the shit out of her, and her throat was a solid bruise when the cops took pictures of her." In which case, they skip the suspension and move to the firing.

But everyone here is getting tired of people jumping way too far on the conclusions mat. I think you got lumped into that group by saying you "know what happened." You don't actually know that though. You only know he got arrested for some sort of DV.

Also, calling it an embarrassment to the university, while not entirely true in my opinion but I don't totally blame you for feeling that way, isn't avoidable. Actions can't be taken on those grounds alone, at least not yet. It's going to remain as such unless he is able to totally clear his name, and that's unfortunately something we just have to deal with over the next few hours/days. While employers don't have to presume innocent until proven guilty, the university still has to gather more details and provide some sort of due process. By your posting, I think you agree with that.

Edited by SquishMitten
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

We could have video of Beard ripping his fiancee's heart out of her chest like in the Indiana Jones movie and 3/4 of this board would say we need to take some time and go through proper channels and set up a committee.

No they wouldn’t. 

Stop being so emotional and just wait a damn minute. I would guess most people are upset. Beard is a good coach, the team is good, the FF is in Houston, and we have a good shot of making that. With this it now seems like everything is just gone. I get it—we are all upset at the news. But to be this emotional about this is just disturbing. It’s like you can’t rationally think things through. 

• Hook 'Em 5

10 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

We could have video of Beard ripping his fiancee's heart out of her chest like in the Indiana Jones movie and 3/4 of this board would say we need to take some time and go through proper channels and set up a committee.

Dude in Indiana Jones never ripped anyone's heart out, it was a trick. So is this a roundabout way of you saying Beard is innocent?

Indiana Jones GIF

21 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I though from early reports that cops were there when he was choking someone out.   

It now sounds like they may have arrested him based on what she claimed.

Maybe he's a piece of shit wife beater, or maybe she's a lying vindictive crazy woman.   I have no idea. 

Time to tap the breaks. 

Those brakes should have been tapped until the whole story came out to begin with.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Dude in Indiana Jones never ripped anyone's heart out, it was a trick. So is this a roundabout way of you saying Beard is innocent?

Indiana Jones GIF

Wasn't he holding a beating heart in his hand? Whose heart was it? My God, I rushed to judgement in the 80s about this medicine man.  

3 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Poor bastard is now gonna have to get a real job like the rest of us losers.

I could live comfortably from what is probably currently in his bank account. Would probably need to sell and downgrade some things like housing, but he's made more by 49 than most of us can imagine making in a lifetime. 

15 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

You forgot to mention that we should have also taken some portal OL like baylor did, keep hitting the high notes bro lol. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I take Back what i posted earlier, he’s 100% done here 

Agreed, but I don’t think it will be a firing on the books. Chris will be allowed to profusely apologize for his actions in a final presser where he talks about how great the program is and it’s history etc and he failed to live up to that standard , and thus he announces his resignation. I think it will be handled in that manner but we’ll see. I’m sure CDC has already met with the players in a team meeting and briefed them on the next sequence of events 

• Hook 'Em 4

Does not matter what the outcome of the trial is. Going to take time to get to trial. 

Suspend him from coaching duties. He can get a weekly rental on South Congress, or I am sure some bad ass apartment in Austin will let him in while it all goes down. 

If exonerated, discuss. If found guilty, shit can him. 

Sounds like a woman was assaulted. Not going to worry that much about our season. Just go and kick Rice's ass. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Agreed, but I don’t think it will be a firing on the books. Chris will be allowed to profusely apologize for his actions in a final presser where he talks about how great the program is and it’s history etc and he failed to live up to that standard , and thus he announces his resignation. I think it will be handled in that manner but we’ll see. I’m sure CDC has already met with the players in a team meeting and briefed them on the next sequence of events 

If he did what he was arrested for there's no fucking way you even let him on campus again!

21 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Yeah but recruits would see that be like “oh hell yes”

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Is this a bit? This is so far removed from reality, you can't actually think this is going to happen. The closest recent example of a comparable situation I can think of is Jon Gruden. Beard will quickly and quietly disappear from the public eye, maybe release a statement, and not be seen or heard from for years. There will be no grand final press conference. WTF are you on about.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I just have a lawyer question. His lawyer's statement straight up denied that he did anything. Is that normal? If he actually did do something wrong, i figured the lawyer statement would be some fluff piece about gathering facts and cooperating with authorities. Is this meaningless?

Yes. That’s normal and if your lawyer ever says otherwise when you’ve just been accused of something you need a new lawyer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I just have a lawyer question. His lawyer's statement straight up denied that he did anything. Is that normal? If he actually did do something wrong, i figured the lawyer statement would be some fluff piece about gathering facts and cooperating with authorities. Is this meaningless?

Seems pretty normal for lawyers who represent well-known public figures. They tend to be more aggressive in their denials based on press coverage. You'll see similar stuff from corporate lawyers on high profile things like oil spills. "Exxon-Mobil did nothing wrong to cause this accident and we intend to aggressively pursue the penguins who are responsible." Said a year before a nine-figure settlement.  

7 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Nick Young Wtf GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Got an email from OSU ticket office early this morning, lol. I think it went out before this hit the news.

40% off Basketball vs. Texas TODAY ONLY

Edit to point out that I get one of these pretty much every week for a different opponent. Our team stinks and attendance has been terrible. Just pointing out coincidental timing.

Edited by 'stache
  • Rage+1 3

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi