Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Wrongful termination? Have you even been paying attention? UT has every right to fire him at this very second if they wanted just per the language in his contract

Really?  Based on the arrest alone? 

What if it turns out that nothing actually happened that he's being accused of (long shot, I admit).  I mean this is a heated domestic dispute and the APD we are talking about.

Hypothetically, if UT fires him tomorrow and in a few days it is proven he never choked her or hit her or the like, then UT is up the legal shit creek with not much of a paddle at that point, aren't they?

There's no reason UT has to rush this...none whatsoever.  They need to make sure they have all their i's dotted and t's crossed.  And they will.

28 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Man, you gotta feel for the guy.  From the stories we heard in Lubbock about Randi, she is BSC.  

Hate for a man's career and reputation to be completely destroyed by a cray cray woman.

That's why you've gotta cut ties w/the BSCs.

Just gotta.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Wrongful termination? Have you even been paying attention? UT has every right to fire him at this very second if they wanted just per the language in his contract

The question is, are you paying attention? No one is disputing whether Texas has the right to exercise a clause in the employment agreement to terminate employment. The point is that there is a process and procedure for doing so that doesn't put the University at risk or expose themselves to any accusation of wrongful termination, however frivolous. For CDC and the suits in the Tower, it is all about risk management now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

What if it turns out that nothing actually happened that he's being accused of (long shot, I admit).  I mean this is a heated domestic dispute and the APD we are talking about.

Hypothetically, if UT fires him tomorrow and in a few days it is proven he never choked her or hit her or the like, then UT is up the legal shit creek with not much of a paddle at that point, aren't they?

There's no reason UT has to rush this...none whatsoever.  They need to make sure they have all their i's dotted and t's crossed.  And they will.

You're wrong. They could absolute fire him this very second with no legal repercussions.

5 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I've heard horror stories of guys defending themselves from drunk girlfriends and being hauled to jail. Honestly the optics are so bad he's probably going to be fired no matter what the facts say, so he's gotta go.

On the specific topic of whether he "tried to strangle someone to death" I agree with the posters saying let's wait for the facts to come out. I want to hear more facts before I say he's an attempted murderer. But right now it doesn't look good at all.

Crazy GF in college, one drunk night neighbors called cops and when they got there she tried to fight the female officer and went to jail.  

fast forward a few months and add mushrooms, she trashed my place and cops came again.  This time it’s 2 guys, she started bawling and saying “I don’t want to go to jail” so they picked me.  

It does happen, but he was charged with a FELONY.  I was never charged and went home the next morning, so I would say there’s a 100% chance he did something bad.  

i saw the craziest shit that night…

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Uncle Nate said:

We’re saying the same thing, really. Yes, UT could fire him this second, but thankfully, UT is smarter than a few posters in this thread.

Per the language, they could. Then again, I’m not a lawyer just a PhD holder who doesn’t really work when he is at work because surly.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

this might come as a surprise to some of you here, but that ‘crazy’ gf/wife/female/red head …. will 100% of the time posses certain bed room skills that most men highly value

A man making 7-figures should be smart enough to know he doesn't need to go with the crazy ones to get those favors.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Saint Tacky said:

The question is, are you paying attention? No one is disputing whether Texas has the right to exercise a clause in the employment agreement to terminate employment. The point is that there is a process and procedure for doing so that doesn't put the University at risk or expose themselves to any accusation of wrongful termination, however frivolous. For CDC and the suits in the Tower, it is all about risk management now.

and from a risk mgmt position there is no reason to make a decision right now, less than 12 hours after the event when you can suspend him and fire him say tomorrow when you have significantly more information and have actually talked to the guy and read the police report.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Saint Tacky said:

It's in his contract.

its-all-there-black-and-white-clear-as-c 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying we have to "get to the bottom of this".  You're not going to wait for the trial.  You just need to give him a chance to explain himself.  There is a slight chance he's got an exculpatory story, and that may lead to some hard decisions on UT's part.  I think we just need to get him into the office after he posts bail and have this simple exchange:

Dennis Taylor UT:  Answer! Did you threaten this customer fiancee or use profanity in any way?

Brad Beard:  Yes

Dennis Taylor UT:  You're fired.

Edited by The Original Greaser Bob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

I think @Pancho is right. Texas can fire him whenever it wants for whatever reason it wants. If it's for cause, Texas would owe him $0. If he's terminate without cause, we'd be forced to pay the buyout language in the contract if not the full remaining value in said contract.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

They absolutely do not. 

Well, as someone who has worked most of his career in public institutions, I assure you UT is going to follow some form of due process in this situation.  Now I realize Beard has a contract with specific language, but UT also has it's own internal policies and processes they must follow.  Most of the time when an institution gets itself in trouble it is because they didn't follow their own policies and processes.

I promise you UT has an employment policy and process for this, even for a coach with contract language stated as posted above.  And I guarantee you they will follow that process to the letter.  It's not the same "due process" the federal government mandates they have to do with students and even with faculty, but they do have a due process procedure they most certainly are going to follow to the letter (or be prepared to pay him that which they don't want, and shouldn't have, to pay him).

Edited by Uncle Nate
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

and from a risk mgmt position there is no reason to make a decision right now, less than 12 hours after the event when you can suspend him and fire him say tomorrow when you have significantly more information and have actually talked to the guy and read the police report.

He’s out of the pokey and there’s a game tonight - you absolutely suspend him now pending further investigation. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Mike Wacker knee injury is somewhat close to disagreeing, at least on a one-season basis.

Yup that also came to mind. I was there for that. It’s debatable. I think this is bigger because Abe Lemons was at the end of the road. And as far as maybe a one year magical national title run,  that team would have run up against pretty darn good final four teams. But it was definitely a huge one year blow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, CycleTex87 said:

We all agree here there is no way he walks on the court tonight, right?  Or meets with the team?  Does CDC have to suspend him to prevent that?  Or do Beard and CDC just agree that it's in everyone's interest for him to crash in a hotel for a couple nights?

I think CDC offers the latter and if Beard doesn't agree then he does the former.

1 minute ago, CycleTex87 said:

We all agree here there is no way he walks on the court tonight, right?  Or meets with the team?  Does CDC have to suspend him to prevent that?  Or do Beard and CDC just agree that it's in everyone's interest for him to crash in a hotel for a couple nights?

Depends. Is his fiancée going to the game?

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, Uncle Nate said:

Well, as someone who has worked most of his career in public institutions, I assure you we most certainly did.  Now I realize Beard has a contract with specific language, but UT also has it's own internal policies and processes they must follow.  Most of the time when an institution gets itself in trouble it is because they didn't follow their own policies and processes.

I promise you UT has an employment policy and process for this, even for a coach with contract language stated as posted above.  And I guarantee you they will follow that process to the letter.  It's not the same "due process" the federal government mandates they have to do with students and even with faculty, but they do have a due process procedure they most certainly are going to follow to the letter.  

You're kind of moving the goalposts here. Of course UT is going to have policies and procedures in place for something like this. That doesn't mean they couldn't immediately fire him, right now, and be in the clear. They could. Doesn't mean they will, but they 100% could and it doesn't make a fuck what kind of institution they are. He is not owed any kind of due process in this situation. Whatever he gets is a courtesy and/or the university getting all its ducks in a row from a PR/financial standpoint.

7 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

I had a similar thought. What’s stopping him from going straight from the clink to the practice facility to meet with the team? There has been no official statement regarding his standing. I’m sure CDC has made his wishes known to Beard, but still, lots of uncertainty.

Edited by CheesePie

31 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Speaking out of my ass here but I had a cousin in a bad relationship earlier this year and her dude went to jail for beating her up. She was worried he would get out in the morning but the cops said any family violence is another 24-48 hours depending on the judge a cool down period is what she called it. Didn't help any they are back together now. 

True love conquers all

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Agreed.

Breaking up with that BSC fiancee I had was the best decision I ever made.  Beard should have done the same.

I think most of us that have dated someone BSC may want to give Beard the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  But yeah, broke up with mine in college.  Dealing with that shit at 49?  That's on you Beard.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Sovereign immunity. See Leach (prayers) v Texas Tech

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

No way he coaches tonight or meets with the team today. I’m sure he’s meeting with CDC now to discuss what’s next. Wouldn’t surprise me to see a suspension issued just prior to tip off. 

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi