Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

You can try, but BSC women often don't stop coming at you because you're trying to walk away.  DV is a different beast, and if he's been abused for what sounds like years, we need to give him the same ability to clear his name as much as a woman that has been beat.  The double standard here is insane.

I'm also not justifying what he did, but anyone that has been involved with DV will understand.  Men are abused far more often than people think.

I have. Hence I was awarded custody of both kids and she was allowed supervised visitation. Am not getting into it, my story is known on another thread. Just saying, ya don't engage and bite. Grab wrists  and get away. 

She also was dating a chick who got drunk and kicked me in the ribs separating one of them. I attract the cray cray. Maybe it is Latinas.... All I know is I walk the fuck away. 

On the second one, I should have called the cops, but again, that is on another thread. 

He bit her. He left marks. He could have been asleep and she attacked him, I get it, we don't know, but he is gone. 

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Decade? C'mon.

Not the thread but some coach is going to have to completely rebuild a roster from the ground up most likely. Portal makes it a faster process but it’s going to be a massive setback. (I should have specific a bit and said we are going back a decade in success, Shaka did nothing so just ignore that tenure or whatever). But agin it’s irrelevant. 

Infuriating and embarrassing actions by a grown adult male. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I have. Hence I was awarded custody of both kids and she was allowed supervised visitation. Am not getting into it, my story is known on another thread. Just saying, ya don't engage and bite. Grab wrists  and get away. 

She also was dating a chick who got drunk and kicked me in the ribs separating one of them. I attract the cray cray. Maybe it is Latinas.... All I know is I walk the fuck away. 

On the second one, I should have called the cops, but again, that is on another thread. 

He bit her. He left marks. He could have been asleep and she attacked him, I get it, we don't know, but he is gone. 

To be far - It says, she said, he bite her. No where have I seen it say there were pictures of bite marks. 

Edited by hornbri
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

You can try, but BSC women often don't stop coming at you because you're trying to walk away.  DV is a different beast, and if he's been abused for what sounds like years, we need to give him the same ability to clear his name as much as a woman that has been beat.  The double standard here is insane.

I'm also not justifying what he did, but anyone that has been involved with DV will understand.  Men are abused far more often than people think.

I didn't know he was abused for years. I don't really keep up with his personal life and honestly don't care about it. If what you say is true and he finally snapped after years of abuse, then I guess I can see why it happened. And I do agree with you in the double standard because no one can believe a man can be abused by a woman. Happens a lot but I assume the man is too embarrassed to come forward about it, at least in public.

Even after all that, I still can't see him doing all of that, even in his own defense and keep his job here.

But people are very wrong if they think he will never coach again. It will be some years but plenty of programs who want to win will swoop in for the "rehabilitated, changed man who has turned it around". Easier to justify for them in that case than the current team to let it slide and keep him around. 

Just now, The Ace of Aces said:

Not the thread but some coach is going to have to completely rebuild a roster from the ground up most likely. Portal makes it a faster process but it’s going to be a massive setback. (I should have specific a bit and said we are going back a decade in success) 

It all depends on the next head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

True but him saying "he wasn't the primary aggressor" means he is done for here at Texas. He didn't deny doing those things, he's basically saying he did but under duress (maybe). That shit isn't going to fly. His only chance at all was the rapey boyfriend angle or she was flat out lying for whatever reason. A man doing those things to a woman no matter what unless he legit felt his life was in danger (seriously doubt it), no one will tolerate that. Unless it comes to light she had a gun to him or some dangerous weapon. Even then, would Texas want to deal with that circus?

Wouldn't get too hung up on that part as we don't know if it was a direct quote in the affidavit. That could be a paraphrase of "she started hitting me and I had to defend myself." Certainly possible, but I think it's unlikely that he said "I wasn't the primary aggressor, but then I became the aggressor." Also, where did you see that he didn't deny anything? All I saw were a couple comments for the AAS, but I didn't see anything about him denying or admitting anything.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So he told the police he has audio records that will show he was not the aggressor but he will not share them. Sounds like a strong strategy to clear your name. 

I read that as he told the police he had them, but would not share them with the reporter. Who fucking knows in the day of twitter news.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

True but him saying "he wasn't the primary aggressor" means he is done for here at Texas. He didn't deny doing those things, he's basically saying he did but under duress (maybe). That shit isn't going to fly. His only chance at all was the rapey boyfriend angle or she was flat out lying for whatever reason. A man doing those things to a woman no matter what unless he legit felt his life was in danger (seriously doubt it), no one will tolerate that. Unless it comes to light she had a gun to him or some dangerous weapon. Even then, would Texas want to deal with that circus?

All of this.

His only shot was if it had been a SIL, daughter's boyfriend, or some male family member who'd been staying with him.  Maybe a 5% chance.

If he choked his girl or one of his daughters, that's it, even if he wasn't the instigator.  That's not an injury you can even attempt to write off as self-defense.  You don't put your fucking hands on a woman in anger.

God fucking dammit, man.  This is so infuriating on several levels.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

I read that as he told the police he had them, but would not share them with the reporter. Who fucking knows in the day of twitter news.

Exactly, a twitter reporter, pulling info from a police report that is already 2nd hand information to him. Then repeating it with his own slant and no details. No one can draw any conclusions from that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So he told the police he has audio records that will show he was not the aggressor but he will not share them. Sounds like a strong strategy to clear your name. 

He means he wasn't going to share them with the dipshit asking him to at that moment.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Wouldn't get too hung up on that part as we don't know if it was a direct quote in the affidavit. That could be a paraphrase of "she started hitting me and I had to defend myself." Certainly possible, but I think it's unlikely that he said "I wasn't the primary aggressor, but then I became the aggressor." Also, where did you see that he didn't deny anything? All I saw were a couple comments for the AAS, but I didn't see anything about him denying or admitting anything.  

I probably jumped to conclusions but the omission of not denying any of it and then the aggressor statement led me to believe he isn't denying the woman's statement of what he did but that he wasn't the one who started it. Any of what the woman said can easily be identified right now. So it won't take long for it to come out if she is telling the truth. And if she is, he's done. Pretty sure UT won't wait around to see if doing all that was "justified" or not. Why even bring up I have audio recordings at all?

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Have you been drinking all day? 

No, I think this ends badly for him 99% of the time. But until we give him a chance to defend himself or we see some physical evidence I am not convicting him. 

Edited by hornbri
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

So you break free and run the fuck away. The breaking free is literally the only justifiable use of force that isn’t a crime. Every thing else is out of anger and legally assault.

6 minutes ago, hornbri said:

To be far - It says, she said, he bite her. No where have I seen it say there were pictures of bite marks. 

If we operate similarly, responding officers would have take photos of all involved parties at the scene, and of the scene itself. A comprehensive ‘family violence packet’ would have been completed, which would have included specific information regarding the strangulation (which hand, strength of grip, how it ended). It would have also included an opportunity for the complainant to write a written statement, and would have included a lethality statement- which is a standardized form with questions regarding the relationship and the prevalence of violence.  

• Hook 'Em 8

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You give them to your lawyer. Not the police. You don't give anything to the police. He shouldn't have even said that even if he has them

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So you break free and run the fuck away. The breaking free is literally the only justifiable use of force that isn’t a crime. Every thing else is out of anger and legally assault.
How do you know he didn't? As for the alleged bite marks, a crazy woman will do all sorts of unbelievable shit. They could be self-inflicted.

2 minutes ago, Constant said:

If we operate similarly, responding officers would have take photos of all involved parties at the scene, and of the scene itself. A comprehensive ‘family violence packet’ would have been completed, which would have included specific information regarding the strangulation (which hand, strength of grip, how it ended). It would have also included an opportunity for the complainant to write a written statement, and would have included a lethality statement- which is a standardized form with questions regarding the relationship and the prevalence of violence.  

Exactly. And if you're the employer of this guy who's still owed multiple millions of dollars on a contract you wait until you can get a reasonable handle on the outcome of that until you do anything more than suspend him. 

Just because we can't know if it's legit or she's full of shit doesn't mean the evidence isn't there either way. We won't get it but CDC can find a way. 

34 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Due process kills sovereign immunity.  It is the door through which basically any other claim would be possible. 

Not really. 

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court-of-appeals/1553512.html

We next address the argument that the trial court erred in dismissing Leach's constitutional claims.   The claims in question involve the purported taking without compensation of Leach's property and his termination without due process.6  We overrule the issues in part.

With regard to the takings claim, we find the Supreme Court's decision in General Servs. Comm'n v. Little–Tex Insulation Co., 39 S.W.3d 591 (Tex.2001) dispositive.   According to the Supreme Court in Little–Tex, to establish a takings claim, the complainant must prove 1) that the State intentionally performed certain acts, 2) that the acts resulted in a “taking” of property, and 3) that the property was taken for public use.   Id. at 598.   These elements are not satisfied when the State withholds property in a contractual dispute. 

The compensation sought by and allegedly due Leach is that which the University contracted to pay him in return for his performance of services as the head football coach. The University purports to withhold that compensation because Leach failed to abide by the terms of their accord.   Thus, what we have here is nothing other than a contractual dispute described in Little–Tex and which falls outside the takings clause.

Sovereign immunity bars a trial court from adjudicating lawsuits through which a complainant seeks money damages from the State.  Tex. Natural Res. & Conservation Comm'n v. IT–Davy, 74 S.W.3d 849, 853 (Tex.2002).   It does not pretermit legal actions against a governmental entity seeking equitable relief to redress violations of the Texas Constitution.  City of Elsa v. M.A.L., 226 S.W.3d 390, 392 (Tex.2007);  City of Beaumont v. Bouillion, 896 S.W.2d 143, 149 (Tex.1995);  City of Arlington v. Randall, 301 S.W.3d 896, 906–07 (Tex.App.-Fort Worth 2009, pet. filed).   One means of determining whether constitutional violations have occurred that survive the invocation of sovereign immunity is through prosecuting a declaratory action.  City of Arlington v. Randall, 301 S.W.3d at 908–09;  Andrade v. NAACP of Austin, 287 S.W.3d 240, 251 (Tex.App.-Austin 2009, pet. granted).   Leach requested such declaratory relief here when seeking a declaration of whether he was denied a constitutionally protected interest by the University without due course of the law.   See Tex. Const. art. I, § 19 (stating that “[n]o citizen of this State shall be deprived of life, liberty, property, privileges or immunities, or in any manner disfranchised, except by the due course of the law of the land”). 

So, the trial court had jurisdiction to declare whether Leach was denied due course of law even though it cannot adjudicate the attempt to recover damages for breach of contract. 

In sum, we reverse those portions of the trial court's order 1) dismissing, for want of jurisdiction, Leach's due course of law claim and request for non-monetary declaratory and equitable relief founded upon it and 2) concluding that Texas Tech University waived its sovereign immunity from the breach of contract claim due to its conduct. 

In sum, at least under the Texas Constitution, you can sue for violation of due process. But your relief isn't going to be money. You can however get a really nice piece of paper saying that your rights were violated. So that's fun. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Partial Austinite said:
6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

How do you know he didn't? As for the alleged bite marks, a crazy woman will do all sorts of unbelievable shit. They could be self-inflicted.g

"Here Mr. Beard, bite into this styrofoam"

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi