Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

More often than not, when police arrive, the incident is usually over. They'll speak with both parties and look for evidence supporting either story. In my experience, when a CW alleges strangulation, police will not usually arrest someone on a felony charge unless there is some evidence to support. Typically, we're talking red marks, discoloration, etc. on and around the throat, AND CW alleges difficulty breathing - even for a moment.

But every cop and agency is different. Speculating is fun, but the evidence could range from "he said, she said" to "she was unconscious on the ground with a discolored neck."

Of all the lawyers on this board, this here is the guy to listen to when we're discussing shit  like this

49 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not in Texas I guess. I believe in California there is a time frame of like 7 years living together. 

nope

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah wasn't sure if it was actually common law marriage. I just know that if it's been a certain amount of time and you break up with someone they can claim some of your assets like if you were married. 

See "Marvin, Lee"

Just now, Frank Drebin said:

It's highly likely, almost certain he is done.  You still suspend with pay, gather facts, and meet with the guy to get his side of the story before firing him.  That's the case if he flips burgers for a living.  And for even more reasons for a guy owed about $29 million on his contract.

We have some absolute blithering idiots on this website.  It is depressing to think some of them have degrees from my alma mater.

Regardless of circumstances I do believe whether felony or plead down all courses of action point to not retaining his services. At best the charges are dropped at worst the felony sticks, both of those outcomes don't change the fact he had an altercation and choked/strangled his fiancée/another woman. 

It's highly likely, almost certain he is done.  You still suspend with pay, gather facts, and meet with the guy to get his side of the story before firing him.  That's the case if he flips burgers for a living.  And for even more reasons for a guy owed about $29 million on his contract.
We have some absolute blithering idiots on this website.  It is depressing to think some of them have degrees from my alma mater.

d6a37395e830e176855971f7041bfad0.jpg
User name

3 hours ago, JFKFC said:

The cops were called because he was strangling someone. Apparently he was still strangling them when the cops arrived. Are you suggesting this was (at least) a 2 hour strangling? 

You can't even abide by the 3 hour rule....

fa604169-7b6b-4bb5-bcc8-fdc127fb097f.jpeg

Maybe one day you will learn.

1 minute ago, BigOrange1 said:

i don't know anything about anything and this isn't meant with any sort of subtext, but $10k feels a little light given the charges, no?

Bond is typically meant to guarantee you’ll appear and not directly tied to the charges.  There’s a low chance of the head basketball coach at UT trying to jump on something like this. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

i don't know anything about anything and this isn't meant with any sort of subtext, but $10k feels a little light given the charges, no?

With (I’m assuming) no criminal history it’s not unfathomable. But yeah it is light for a violent offense. Dude can walk out of there just paying $1,000 basically. 

I though from early reports that cops were there when he was choking someone out.   

It now sounds like they may have arrested him based on what she claimed.

Maybe he's a piece of shit wife beater, or maybe she's a lying vindictive crazy woman.   I have no idea. 

Time to tap the breaks. 

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

Bond is typically meant to guarantee you’ll appear and not directly tied to the charges.  There’s a low chance of the head basketball coach at UT trying to jump on something like this. 

Never know. he might get another offer that involves covering he legal expenses. A university up I 35 could be in on that. 

1 minute ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I though from early reports that cops were there when he was choking someone out.   

It now sounds like they may have arrested him based on what she claimed.

Maybe he's a piece of shit wife beater, or maybe she's a lying vindictive crazy woman.   I have no idea. 

Time to tap the breaks. 

Or maybe she was so bruised and beaten with choke marks that it was pretty obvious

• Fuck You 21

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I don't know how you could ever go from that to coaching any big time program again.

We could have video of Beard ripping his fiancee's heart out of her chest like in the Indiana Jones movie and 3/4 of this board would say we need to take some time and go through proper channels and set up a committee.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

We could have video of Beard ripping his fiancee's heart out of her chest like in the Indiana Jones movie and 3/4 of this board would say we need to take some time and go through proper channels and set up a committee.

I think there is some middle ground between that and learning what happened before firing him. 

• Hook 'Em 7

8 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Or maybe she was so bruised and beaten with choke marks that it was pretty obvious

Yes, that could be the case, but no official source is reporting that yet, so it holds as much weight as one of the "boyfriend" theory from a couple hours ago.

Edited by 0xdeadbeef

Just now, JFKFC said:

Just reading through this thread that 3/4 estimate seems wildly high, perhaps even intentionally so

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

And we could count on you to bring the overblown stupid.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

I get what you are doing to make a point. If there was video of this, I'd assume would have already been fired. Zero investigation needing to be done. But at this point, why not let the case unfold to see what exactly happened?

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi