2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

On 8/17/2023 at 7:11 AM, HOOKEM4 said:

If you have ever dealt with Aqua, you would know they dont give a shit.

Aqua is the worst company I've ever dealt with.  They are 100X worse than Directv/AT&T.  

We were without water for a full week one time because a Pedernales Coop crew accidentally cut a power line that powered the water tower and Aqua didn't have a backup generator. 

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Aqua is the worst company I've ever dealt with.  They are 100X worse than Directv/AT&T.  

We were without water for a full week one time because a Pedernales Coop crew accidentally cut a power line that powered the water tower and Aqua didn't have a backup generator. 

You mean Aqua Texas, and not Aqua Water Supply Corporation (operates near Bastrop), correct?  Or am I missing something...?

1 hour ago, Nonbryan said:

I wonder how this drought in CenTex compares to historical averages?  Is it the worst ever b/c it damn sure feels like the worst ever!!!

It sucks, but I recall 2011 being much worse in terms of drought.  Either way, my fucking back door is having trouble closing because my foundation shifts when it gets too dry.  Happened last year too.  I am forced to water my god damn foundation, which is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

• Hook 'Em 1

Avery Tomasco posted on twitter that Death Valley has 2.2" of rain in one day due to Hilary, which is more than Austin has seen all summer (1.2").

If there's no rain by the end of the month, it will be the driest summer in 113 years. In 1910, there was 0.98" of rain.

Even 2011 was wetter at Mabry.

Mabry:

image.png.39ab294dc9a07d460186e047f5997f3f.png

Bergstrom:

image.png

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

6 hours ago, Nonbryan said:

I wonder how this drought in CenTex compares to historical averages?  Is it the worst ever b/c it damn sure feels like the worst ever!!!

I’m pretty sure the drought from the ‘50s still hasn’t been matched. Covered ~8 years. 3 of our top 10 driest years occurred in that drought.

land that’s been in the family since the 1800s has a natural flowing spring and to my knowledge, that drought was the only time it completely stopped flowing 

• Hook 'Em 1