the 2023 speaker of the house voting thread of implosion

henrygandorf

6 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I will never not watch this when it is posted, despite how many times I've seen it. this should go down as a top 5 all-time internet moment, staged or not

goddamn this is fun.

Always reminds me of the in game funeral for a dead WOW player that got raided 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

My company has an office in his district (south Bucks County) and his signs are all about how "independent" he is and there's never a mention of his party, so I always figured he was a Republican who was ashamed to say so.  

image.jpeg.904a8fec96b510ba47f730a81937f75b.jpeg

Langhorne station, holla.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

You need 218 if 430-ish are voting. If less vote, you need less of “a majority of the majority “ I don’t want to summon our resident math demon, so I won’t mention his name. 

But the Rules is where the basic operating procedure of  the House for the 218th Congress is established. Motions to recommit, membership of committees, subpoena rules, amendment rules, delays to read bills before floor action, blah, etc. 

The GOP Holdouts want something in writing so McCarthy can’t cut a deal with the Dems.  Because everyone knows McCarthy is a first class liar.

Seems like the nerds ~250 years ago could have written down some fucking rules and said that’s that. Lord knows we got enough antiquated bullshit permeating through the rest of the system that hasn’t changed in over two centuries. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I love it when dip shit old white man is so clueless that he calls a respected television journalist “little lady” on her show.  Set that GOP brand even harder with millennials. 

Then he dropped the “Clinton News Network” moniker when she called him out. Super classy.
  • Rage+1 1

It’s been funny watching the republicans, but we should all start getting a little nervous. As the Democrat on CNN is pointing out, with the HFC now in the middle of every major decision, the country will default on its debt and a shit show will ensue. These HFC people are very dumb. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gatorubet said:

Moving this shit show to 6 January is like a chefs kiss. This collection of loathsome traitors will have to eat every reference to the January 6 insurrection that undoubtedly will mentioned.  I hope we have a moment of silence for the officers who died or committed suicide afterwards. 

They're looking forward to that, though. They got away with it and if McCarthy gives them everything they want the traitors effectively control the House of Representatives. They're going to scream to the heavens about how it vindicates them and proves that January 6th was a heroic stand for Democracy.

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if you were negotiating with mccarthy, what would you ask for?  wrong answers only.

i would make sure that any time someone says "speaker mccarthy" they have to use air quotes when they say speaker.  and when they write it they just use regular quotes.

Austin Powers Movie GIF

All reps to be addressed as representative senator. 

the gavel can only be banged as the final act of an intricate pop and lock move. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

They should just lock the full House into the chambers and pump aerosolized micro dosed LSD in until they can come to a resolution. 

And stream the whole thing on CSPAN, of course. 

image.gif.cd75d3dfcddb55962ecba998fd9e23df.gif

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if you were negotiating with mccarthy, what would you ask for?  wrong answers only.

i would make sure that any time someone says "speaker mccarthy" they have to use air quotes when they say speaker.  and when they write it they just use regular quotes.

Austin Powers Movie GIF

Everytime boobert says something stupid on the floor, McCarthy has to take a lap around the washington mall on this badboy

THE LONGEST nutsplitter THREAD, or how my longest face is a gif - Page  15031 - MustangForums.com

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Gtfo with this bullshit.

he didn’t say shit while he was in FC and now he is playing the Republican rewriting history 

Amash has always been on about this. The only thing I have been disappointed in him about has been going soft on the insurrection and saying some weirdly partisan things for a guy who was always about the principles and freaking left the Republican party.