2023 Thread of Racism in America

Horn Under a Bad Sign

15 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

But I know what you’re trying to do. It’s fine because I know you’ll always be miserable. 

Some logic.  Having the clarity of self, purpose, and ethics to denounce abject racism makes Safe, and a few others, “miserable”.   We need quite a bit more misery, then, Poe, starting at your house.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

God damn, this is evil.

Two years ago, Braxton says he was the only volunteer firefighter in his department to respond to a tree fire near a Black person’s home in the town of 275 people. As Braxton, 57, actively worked to put out the fire, he says, one of his white colleagues tried to take the keys to his fire truck to keep him from using it.

• Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Been through Newbern a few times. I thought its main claim to fame was the old railroad bed had been converted into a walking path. Surprised to hear that it's operating on 1890 principles, but not really. I know one or two batshit-crazy rich-ass families in the area so not shocked.

On 7/17/2023 at 8:38 PM, safe sex said:

A strong contender for most racist post of the year

I'm not even sure that it cracks Poe's greatest hits.

Still trying to decide what's worse: being a racist piece of shit; or pretending to be to troll people on the internet after the age of 12?

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/19/2023 at 8:59 PM, Satchel said:

All black football players should refuse to play at Alabama and cite this injustice as just one of many reasons why they won’t.

They should also point out the refusal of an Alabama town to allow the duly elected black mayor to discharge his duties. I know some may find my take unsettling because the state of Texas is as exposed as Alabama on this issue, but it’s time fir the chips to fall where they may. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This fucking guy....."I had no idea all of these guys that I hired and knew well were racist shitbags" 

A Mississippi sheriff said he was “ashamed” and apologized after five of his former deputies pleaded guilty to charges related to the torture of two Black men.

Rankin County Sheriff Bryan Bailey said the police badge was “tarnished by the criminal acts of these few individuals” at a news conference hours after the five former deputies pleaded guilty Thursday. A sixth former officer from the Richland, Mississippi, police department also pleaded guilty.

“These guys were so far past any boundary. It is unbelievable what they did,” said Bailey. “This is a bunch of criminals that did a home invasion.”

The two victims, Michael Jenkins and Eddie Parker, filed a federal lawsuit in June, claiming the six White law enforcement officers illegally entered their home in Braxton, Mississippi and tortured them for nearly two hours. The lawsuit said the officers handcuffed, kicked, waterboarded, and attempted to sexually assault Jenkins and Parker. The assault culminated with one deputy placing a gun in Jenkins’ mouth and shooting him, which the lawsuit says has left permanent physical injuries, cognitive damage, and long-term psychological damage.

6 former Mississippi law enforcement officers have pleaded guilty to charges related to the torture of 2 Black men

“All of the former deputies lied to me, that night of this incident,” the sheriff said. “I am sick to my stomach … I have tried to build a reputation, tried to have a safe county. They have robbed me of all of this, by the actions of these few.”

“This is a perfect example of why people don’t trust the police,” he added. “Never in my life did I think this would happen in this department.”

He also apologized to Jenkins and Parker as well as the Rankin County community.

Bailey said he knew the five Rankin County officers well and he “never ever could imagine that any of these five individuals were capable of these horrendous crimes that they committed.”

Bonus points for making himself out to be the victim...."they have robbed me of all of this"

41 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That last swing of the chair on the sitting woman going to cost that guy.  

Yep. Looks like he's the first one to get arrested. The white hillbillies who started the entire thing wound up getting cuffed-and-stuffed, it appears though. We'll see if any of them get charged.

5 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Yeah there were a few too many women catching blows from grown men there. 

I just saw the one dude hit the lady over the head with a folding chair. That's going to be punished, no doubt. I think the rest of the women getting attacked came from other women.

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yep. Looks like he's the first one to get arrested. The white hillbillies who started the entire thing wound up getting cuffed-and-stuffed, it appears though. We'll see if any of them get charged.

I just saw the one dude hit the lady over the head with a folding chair. That's going to be punished, no doubt. I think the rest of the women getting attacked came from other women.

image.png.3f415a8e26eeb409664ce5f4e4cb0d0c.png

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think the rest of the women getting attacked came from other women.

Agreed. Saw one catch a kick while down, which is always pretty chickenshit but falls deep in the realm of FAFO, which encapsulates this whole situation.  Whole situation got me thinking it’s been entirely too long since I’ve seen an old fashioned boat ramp fight.