Grammys

tbone_

I watched it to see if Spoon might come out of nowhere to win Best Rock Album.  Of course, it wasn't presented during the broadcast, nor was it mentioned (Ozzy won).  I mean, I get it, pop and hip hop rule the roost, but they broadcast the country award, how damn hard would it be to get a rock award in there?  

I was surprised to see Willie win, and utterly shocked to see Bonnie Raitt win.  Lizzo is awesome.  I don't get Beyonce.  The jazz chick who won best new artist was totally unknown to me, but I've looked her up and she's legit.  The hip hop mashup was great.  I could listen to Smokey and Stevie sing the phone book.  Trevor Noah didn't make me want to stab myself in the neck.

Overall, pretty good.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

At a time when I was playing pickup barefoot soccer on the regular with some famous names in Santa Monica, Kate Hudson brought her son Ryder one day when he was about 2 or so and had yet to have his first haircut, so his long hair was flowing as he ran around. 

And during this time I was working in a boutique production house run by a couple whose two kids went to an insanely exclusive/expensive elementary school that was just like one or two houses on a boring street in Hollywood, but it had a fence with tall bushes all around the property and the parents or nannie’s would wait on the sidewalk by the small gate in the middle of the fence for their precious golden children to come out carrying some shitty art project they did that day…

…so this comment hits so close to my late 2005-January 2007 overlapping home.

I think that I even had to pick Chris Martin’s spirit animals from school a couple of times or maybe I just had to drop off signed permission slips. Whatever it was, I am sure that all of those kids are changing the world these days  

UPDATE: I have sent this to others who have lived in LA, and maybe also played the exclusive preschool lottery. I have been laughing & coughing from laughing for 15+ minutes.

Thank You!

So Ben Affleck was getting absolutely roasted for looking miserable at the Grammies. Recently he and JLo were at an event and someone captured her not believing what was in his glass wasn’t alcohol and she tasted it all the while reprimanding him as he looked less than happy. That video was on TikTok I read. Most people thought from this clip that she was getting onto him about looking less than enthusiastic to be there:

I laughed but yeah he looks like the only sober guest at a wedding where he knows no one but his wife…

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I last saw Public Enemy in 2013 and they still kicked ass.

I took a Value Jet flight (or some similar borderline charter) from an abandoned Terminal 3 at LAX back in 1999 or so and Flavor Flav was on my flight. I saw him in the lobby where we were waiting for someone to come tell us to follow them to a gate. 

The flight was about $109 back when there were no cheap fares. Flav was easy to spot because he was wearing a clock on a chain (even for a budget flight) and his “carry-on luggage” was a plastic bag from a grocery story/ pharmacy/ $0.99 Store. 

He had a reality show about 2 years later.

That was my last brush with any from P.E.

• Hook 'Em 1

Speaking of Chris Martin's attire. I think way too many people there decided to try and out weird each other with their wardrobe choices.

Shania looked like the Wendy's logo or an anime character.   Sam Smith's dress was, uh interesting.   And of course Harry Styles was Harry.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

So Beyoncé now has more Grammys than anyone huh? I can’t name a single song of hers.

She has “All The Single Ladies” with the video that was a complete copy of the dance moves from some lasted ‘60s/early ‘70s number.

Other than that… 🤷‍♂️

She may be the “Put A Ring On It” singer, but I don’t want to get KatFid’ed off the board, so those are my only two guesses.

Speaking of Chris Martin's attire. I think way too many people there decided to try and out weird each other with their wardrobe choices.

Shania looked like the Wendy's logo or an anime character.   Sam Smith's dress was, uh interesting.   And of course Harry Styles was Harry.

My Facebook was full of “Satanic Sam Smith” posts this morning. Man I love having country relatives.

She has “All The Single Ladies” with the video that was a complete copy of the dance moves from some lasted ‘60s/early ‘70s number.
Other than that…
She may be the “Put A Ring On It” singer, but I don’t want to get KatFid’ed off the board, so those are my only two guesses.

Same song.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I took a Value Jet flight (or some similar borderline charter) from an abandoned Terminal 3 at LAX back in 1999 or so and Flavor Flav was on my flight. I saw him in the lobby where we were waiting for someone to come tell us to follow them to a gate. 

The flight was about $109 back when there were no cheap fares. Flav was easy to spot because he was wearing a clock on a chain (even for a budget flight) and his “carry-on luggage” was a plastic bag from a grocery story/ pharmacy/ $0.99 Store. 

He had a reality show about 2 years later.

That was my last brush with any from P.E.

I was waiting to get into the Travis County Expo center ~ 1989 for a Run-DMC concert.  Flav comes out of nowhere and ask for a boost over the wall.  PE was one of the opening acts and Flav was late, lost, or something.  

That was my last brush with PE.

After party in Pflugerville was my last brush with DJ Run and Darryl Mac (I don't remember if Jay was there or not).

• Hook 'Em 3

Beyoncé a beast. 
Texas gal.  she my yellowbone Selena

thought she could have done way better than jayz,  but he pulled it  

She def got bangers 

Crazy in love , single ladies is prolly played at every wedding reception  

I dig

halo  feeling myself  drunk in love run the world baby boy naughty girl

check on it diva 

then we got the destiny child hits  

• Like 1

yeah, you guys really are trying to out-"outoftoucholdwhiteguy pretending to know zero pop music as some sort of signaling your self-satisfaction and feeling superior" each other with a bit extra oomph today...

even though there's not a lot there in terms of my favs, if you really are not familiar with irreplaceable, crazy in love, halo, single ladies...or destiny's child's hits like independent women, say my name, jumpin' jumpin', survivor (wulaw's favorite all time song for fuck's sake and that dude is the ultimate dork), bills bills bills...then jesus christ, let me also introduce you to something called human interaction.

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I don’t remember Beyoncé being that…gifted. That dress was doing all it could.

she has definitely used some of her financial success to grow her brand...

2003:

aa0ee9dbf6f609a00761224c026b5c46.jpg

2022:

Beyonce-Renaissance.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, sidis said:

yeah, you guys really are trying to out-"outoftoucholdwhiteguy pretending to know zero pop music as some sort of signaling your self-satisfaction and feeling superior" each other with a bit extra oomph today...

even though there's not a lot there in terms of my favs, if you really are not familiar with irreplaceable, crazy in love, halo, single ladies...or destiny's child's hits like independent women, say my name, jumpin' jumpin', survivor (wulaw's favorite all time song for fuck's sake and that dude is the ultimate dork), bills bills bills...then jesus christ, let me also introduce you to something called human interaction.

she has definitely used some of her financial success to grow her brand...

2003:

aa0ee9dbf6f609a00761224c026b5c46.jpg

2022:

Beyonce-Renaissance.jpg

I'm willing to say there's no person that has stepped foot in a bar, between the ages of 40 and 50, that doesn't know several Beyonce songs.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, G650 said:

I'm willing to say there's no person that has stepped foot in a bar, between the ages of 40 and 50, that doesn't know several Beyonce songs.

I'm sure I've heard her stuff before but I don't know it, certainly not by name. I've never sought Beyonce music out. But, yeah, she's hot AF.

Hip hop isn't my cup of tea, never has been. Wet Leg winning two Grammys is pretty awesome. I dig them.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know quite a bit of Beyonce's catalog.  I celebrate none of it.  She can't write lyrics for shit.

Sings well, smokin' hot, so OK, but definitely not a go-to artist for me.

I mean I'm pretty sure no one is extolling her artistry, but all I'm saying is if you were drunk in a bar in 2004 trying to run down some ass, you know Crazy in Love.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1