2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Well yeah but they are saying 16 out of 22 position players are all conference types. That’s a huge number. Those other 6 would have to be significant holes. Then compare to other conference foes none of whom have 11. From what I remember, we probably have 3 times as many as any other conference team.

And, from the 6 not listed, 4 are returning starters, one is replacing a two-year starter we let go, and the other is a very highly sought after LB.

What that does tell you is that we’re the favorite to win the conference and by considerable amount. You win the conference there’s a good shot at a playoff berth. Anything can happen from there.

Just let it flow.

Rewind to just a year or two ago when we barely had 2 or 3.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Rage+1 2

22 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

What that does tell you is that we’re the favorite to win the conference and by considerable amount. You win the conference there’s a good shot at a playoff berth. Anything can happen from there.

Just let it flow.

Flow Morphia slow, let the sun and light come streaming
Into my life. Into my life...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Rewind to just a year or two ago when we barely had 2 or 3.

And 10 teams then versus 14 now.

This isn’t about recruiting titles. We’re now talking about baseline production to perceived upside of each individual. Our 16 guys are those who have made plays or flashed potential on the field.

It’s time to win.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Cool stat, but Ill swap rosters with Georgia right now. I know that maybe downgrade swapping 18 All-Conference players for 15, but I got a feeling on this one. 

It still says something that their castoff WR who left to get more playing time is now considered by some to be the best receiver on our team

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Hermanator said:

It still says something that their castoff WR who left to get more playing time is now considered by some to be the best receiver on our team

Thought he left to be closer to his daughter in Houston? Pretty sure when healthy he got plenty of playing time

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I'll believe it when it's on the field. Luckily Bama has lost their depth advantage due to NIL and portal so we will know if this team has what it takes on September 9th. Then we gotta find out if they can maintain it over 12 games. 

I hear this a lot from fans and talking heads and it has started to annoy me.

Yes, most of us can see things when they occur. The trick is to predict things that are likely to happen before they happen, using available data. The PFF numbers are one such data point. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

I hear this a lot from fans and talking heads and it has started to annoy me.

Yes, most of us can see things when they occur. The trick is to predict things that are likely to happen before they happen, using available data. The PFF numbers are one such data point. 

Yeah you keep trying that. It's been tried every year for the last 13 years and has been shit every time. 

Point is that pff stuff is nonsense until these dudes show it on the field. It's just goobers making a guess. Might as well just listen to futureman's nonsense 

Edited by Hermanator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Yep.  Rewatched the spring game yesterday.  He looked like the best receiver on the field.  Not only that, but he didn't appear to even be trying (green jersey).  I go look at his stats from last year at GA - 10th on the team in receiving yards (134); 9th in receptions w/ 9.  Weird.

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Yep.  Rewatched the spring game yesterday.  He looked like the best receiver on the field.  Not only that, but he didn't appear to even be trying (green jersey).  I go look at his stats from last year at GA - 10th on the team in receiving yards (134); 9th in receptions w/ 9.  Weird.

Yeah, people can believe that nonsense about wanting to be closer to his daughter if they want, but although he made some big catches for them in the playoffs he just wasn't targeted that much and other guys got more run ahead of him. He would not have left Georgia for just one season if he was a top two receiver there. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Wasn't he was out most of the year with a high ankle issue?

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah, people can believe that nonsense about wanting to be closer to his daughter if they want, but although he made some big catches for them in the playoffs he just wasn't targeted that much and other guys got more run ahead of him. He would not have left Georgia for just one season if he was a top two receiver there. 

I think he only played about 4 games. (listed in Auburn, but I think he gave it shot and it didnt work out). Being the potential #1 WR on Georgia, does not mean #1 option. Browers was the first option by a mile. TEs grabbed almost a 100 catches. McIntosh has 43 at RB. This was a very unfriendly WR offense. Its hard to get into the flow of things, when you get hurt in the 2nd game and come back for the playoffs. More concerned about his durability, than his talent.

Edited by Codaxx

23 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

This is dumb. He got hurt in the second game of the season and it lingered all year. So yeah, I guess technically he wasn’t targeted much in the 9 games he missed due to injury. 

Samford in Week 2, and aggravated the injury in the Auburn win in Week 6.

The Bulldogs were careful not to allow a flare-up again as Mitchell did not see the field until the final regular season matchup versus Georgia Tech for one play.

Mitchell saw limited action in the SEC Championship win over LSU where he completed a successful two-point conversion pass to tight end Darnell Washington.

By the playoff games he was closer to 100% and we saw how that turned out. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

This is dumb. He got hurt in the second game of the season and it lingered all year. So yeah, I guess technically he wasn’t targeted much in the 9 games he missed due to injury. 

By the playoff games he was closer to 100% and we saw how that turned out. 

Oh, in the tiny sample size of 1 game that he played where he was 100% healthy, he had the 2nd most yards and catches of any Georgia WR. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401403858

• Hook 'Em 2

I'll believe it when it's on the field. Luckily Bama has lost their depth advantage due to NIL and portal so we will know if this team has what it takes on September 9th. Then we gotta find out if they can maintain it over 12 games. 

I’d caution against reading too much into the Bama game regardless of outcome. It’s very early and just not a make or break game for any of this team’s ambitions. To me, the season will probably hinge on:

at Baylor: Really any road game is on L watch with Sark but this being the conference opener on the road against an in state program hosting Texas for the last time… Sound familiar? I don’t know what to make of Baylor this year to be frank but I expect Texas will be in for a fight.

OU: Needs no explanation.

at TCU: Many of the same reasons stated for Baylor. TCU is generally expected to be better than Baylor but playing in November is advantageous to Texas given they should have a depth advantage this year.

at ISU: November road game, Sark has not succeeded against this defense. Classic trap game coming after Kansas State and TCU, and could be looking ahead to a potentially significant game against Tech.

I’m leaving off KSU and Texh even though I think those may be two of the top three teams on the conference schedule because they are at home and Texas can be trusted to compete at home. Beat OU and go 2-1 in these road games and I think that portends a lot of success for Texas. Less than that and it’s probably same old shit.

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

21 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Not the point I was making, but thanks anyway. 

So............. what was your point? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah you keep trying that. It's been tried every year for the last 13 years and has been shit every time. 

Point is that pff stuff is nonsense until these dudes show it on the field. It's just goobers making a guess. Might as well just listen to futureman's nonsense 

I've met wet rags more fun than you.  And probably smarter.  

• Haha 2

It is really something when one ignoramus says something moronic, and then a second ignoramus wades in to the shitstorm of criticism and agrees, at which point ignoramus #1 gleefully doubles down with an even more asinine take, spawning a mutated love child of ignorance and stupidity that makes all of us dumber—the type of stink you can’t wash off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Askew said:

It is really something when one ignoramus says something moronic, and then a second ignoramus wades in to the shitstorm of criticism and agrees, at which point ignoramus #1 gleefully doubles down with an even more asinine take, spawning a mutated love child of ignorance and stupidity that makes all of us dumber—the type of stink you can’t wash off. 

Excuse Me What GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Askew said:

I agree 

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

bae7f70045a201eded1f7db3caea7c1d.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1