45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.  Most of the posters here are in their late 30s to 50s (excluding Armybrat, who's from the 1750s).  If we were at a neighborhood pool party, and a gal who looked like Jen Psaki walked out onto the deck in a tight swimsuit and one of those gauzy wraps, her red hair shining in the sun.....every damned head here would damn well turn and smile to check her out.  She's not a 20 yr old Instagram model.  Cool.  She's a very attractive, smart, and witty 45 yr old woman.  Sign.  Me.  Up.

To get this back on topic....She is at least 90 IQ points too high for Trump to ever find attractive.  Trump's type is easy to figure out: moneygrubbing grifting whores, just like him.

3ada639d-62e5-4f01-89c1-f087ad18e8b4_tex

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm 50 and I think she's ok. Smart AF, which is nice but nothing to garner the response given in last nights string of posts.

it's almost like different people find different things attractive or something

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

So Pence is throwing Trump under the bus. He sees how unappealing DeSantis is and decides to lean into the “they wanted to kill me” on J6 so he can have a better shot at the GOP nomination. 

I’m not sure if Pence has even earned a spot on the GOP debate stage yet. 

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Username and avatar check out.

Dammit -- beat me to it!

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just as a thought experiment, if anyone wants to explore what might have happened had indictments on all or most of this shit come down a year ago (which I think is the practical earliest), I'd be happy to spin that out.  MIght be kind of fun.

Some thoughts:

• we might well have a conviction in hand
  • that conviction would be on appeal
  • Trump would be free on appeal just as he is now, most likely
  • it wouldn't have stopped him from running
  • it wouldn't stop him from receiving the nomination
  • I suspect he would be sentenced to prison
  • the appeal may be resolved prior to the election

b70f9111-932f-41ac-8143-d6bbdd215902_tex

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

Fuck Kayleigh McEnany
Marry Jen Psaki
Kill Sarah Sanders

I'll take brains and an okay face over hot and dumb.

suddenly-i-dont-like-this-game-anymore-i

EDIT: Hot and dumb has a place -- but not when sullied by association with Trump. This goes for Hope Hicks too (well, maybe an exception can be made there. Might be a true "hate fuck.") I wouldn't touch McEnany or Huckabee Sanders with the Tiger King's dick, FTR

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

You realize that Smith was appointed to take over whatever existing investigation there was, right?  And that there was no call to appoint a special counsel and no legal reason to do so until Trump declared his candidacy?

The appointment of Smith was a very happy coincidence, though, both in terms of Smith the man, apparently, and the fact that the special counsel is his own deal, with his own budget and people, not responsive to the chain of command in the DOJ and with a discrete mission, unlike other US Attorneys.

Well, because that's not the reason a special counsel was needed.  It was because Trump declared his candidacy, which made the simmering conflict of interest between him and Biden real.

Ok, this is bullshit.  If you read the WaPo article carefully, it doesn't say there was no investigation, but it does say that certain aspects of the investigation were slow developing.  Namely the false electors, which is still not being asserted as a crime unto itself except in Michigan and possibly Georgia.  It also says that the 1/6 prosecutors planned to work their way up from the individual rioters until it became apparent that there was little or no connection to Trump or his minions.

The DOJ doesn't "appoint prosecutors," except in the case of special counsel, which is not some special ninja assassin US Attorney, it is one appointed when there is a conflict of interest between an investigation or prosecution target and the DOJ or its nominal head, POTUS.  Otherwise, it's the US Attorney with geographic jurisdiction over the offense, in this case USAO D. D.C.  Which was a leeetle bit busy.

oh stop it with your silly "facts" and "reason"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

what the fuck does "one of those gauzy wraps" even mean?  

Well, we know you clearly don't get your headshots made at the same place Uncle Rico goes.

47 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Fine, fine...I'll play your damn games:

Fuck-Sean Spicer 

Marry-Anthony Scaramucci

Kill-everyone else in that white house

Say what you will....it would be fun as shit to spend an evening raising hell with the Mooch.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

They haven't believed in facts before. Why would they start now?

We need to start a rumor that he fucked Huckabeast.

Like LBJ said, “The  issue isn’t the truth of the matter, let’s get the son of a bitch to deny it!”

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Say what you will....it would be fun as shit to spend an evening raising hell with the Mooch.

csb/ I think this guy was in your fraternity a few years after you.  But he ran with a lot of the same political folks you and I both know.  He was a higher-up at TRS for a number of years, really good guy actually despite his 'network'.  Anyway, I was out in Las Vegas years ago (2014 or 15) for the SALT P/E conference, put on Mooch and Skybridge Capital.  We've all been to shit like this, big name speakers, headliner nighttime entertainment.  One day between the end of the sessions and the nighttime parties, this guy who I think you know invites me to come up to the Bellagio penthouse with him.  He's a big deal on the buy side so he's got the big hookups.  I go up there with him and it's Mooch's big suite.  There's only like 10 people in there.  We're having a drink with these folks, shooting the shit like any other swinging dick conference.  It's getting weird so I'm starting to plan my exit, these guys have business to discuss and I know when to fold 'em.  Just then the main bedroom door opens, Mooch walks through to greet my buddy, me, and a few others.  He's got a horrible tell but I figure 'hey, it's Vegas.  I expect it.'  But what I did not expect is what happened 3 seconds afterwards...out walks Kevin Spacey also with the same tell and I just happened to glance through the door and there's a very fit young man in his 20's adjusting his clothes also with the same tell.  Everybody acts like this is just what pre-dinner routines look like at SALT.  I share one more drink and listen like a fly on the wall, thank my host, and walk out.  Years later, Mooch was speaking at Texas Tribune Festival.  I didn't see the panel but I ran into him at the Driskill Bar and he gave me this nod and a pointed finger like, "Bellagio, right?"  I nodded as is the Jersey Way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

csb/ I think this guy was in your fraternity a few years after you.  But he ran with a lot of the same political folks you and I both know.  He was a higher-up at TRS for a number of years, really good guy actually despite his 'network'.  Anyway, I was out in Las Vegas years ago (2014 or 15) for the SALT P/E conference, put on Mooch and Skybridge Capital.  We've all been to shit like this, big name speakers, headliner nighttime entertainment.  One day between the end of the sessions and the nighttime parties, this guy who I think you know invites me to come up to the Bellagio penthouse with him.  He's a big deal on the buy side so he's got the big hookups.  I go up there with him and it's Mooch's big suite.  There's only like 10 people in there.  We're having a drink with these folks, shooting the shit like any other swinging dick conference.  It's getting weird so I'm starting to plan my exit, these guys have business to discuss and I know when to fold 'em.  Just then the main bedroom door opens, Mooch walks through to greet my buddy, me, and a few others.  He's got a horrible tell but I figure 'hey, it's Vegas.  I expect it.'  But what I did not expect is what happened 3 seconds afterwards...out walks Kevin Spacey also with the same tell and I just happened to glance through the door and there's a very fit young man in his 20's adjusting his clothes also with the same tell.  Everybody acts like this is just what pre-dinner routines look like at SALT.  I share one more drink and listen like a fly on the wall, thank my host, and walk out.  Years later, Mooch was speaking at Texas Tribune Festival.  I didn't see the panel but I ran into him at the Driskill Bar and he gave me this nod and a pointed finger like, "Bellagio, right?"  I nodded as is the Jersey Way.  

image.gif.049797571633cd2e1bbee843cf10a0d8.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

America in a Twitter nutshell:

image_2023-08-02_115032991.png

Well, a friend of mine named Chat GPT 3.5  wrote that song
And he told me it was the perfect patriotic bro country song
I responded in the chat session and I told him it was not the perfect patriotic bro country song
Because he hadn't said anything at all about mama
Or trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting drunk, or patriot boots, or the Hunan Lion
Well, he sat down and regenerated the song
And after reading it I realized that ChatGPT had written the perfect patriotic bro country song
And I felt obliged to include it on this thread

(Verse 1)
Well, gather 'round y'all, let me paint a scene,
Back in the day, where life was clean,
Momma's wisdom like a warm embrace,
Guided us through life's wild chase.

Trains rollin' on tracks of fate,
Trucks on dirt roads, no need to wait,
But there's a Hunan Lion, a sneaky game,
Tried to hold us back, but we rise the same.

(Chorus)
Yeah, let's raise a toast, with a rebel hoot,
Through laughter and tears, we found our route,
In the face of the lion, we're resolute,
Marchin' forward proud in our patriot boots.

(Verse 2)
Gettin' drunk on dreams, like Lizzo's song,
Dancin' all night, all day long,
Through the battles, we found our call,
United we stand, we'll never fall.

"Read the indictment," shout it loud,
In this land of freedom, we stand proud,
Prison walls tried to lock us in,
But we break free with a rebel grin.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Hunan Lion's roar, ain't got no might,
We'll stand strong, in the freedom light,
With momma's love, and Lizzo's beat,
We'll stomp our boots to the victory beat.

(Verse 3)
From momma's teachings to Lizzo's groove,
We fight for justice, we won't move,
Through highs and lows, we're standin' tall,
American spirit, we heed the call.

Trains, trucks, and the open road,
Lead us to a future where dreams explode,
In our hearts, the lion's roar gets muffled,
As we rise, break free from every shuffle.

(Chorus)

(Outro)
So here's to the old days, and the strength we've gained,
In our patriot boots, we're breakin' chains,
With momma's love and Lizzo's fire,
We'll keep on risin' higher and higher,
In our patriot boots, we'll leave a mark,
United we stand, light up the dark.

4 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Maury Povich Nod GIF by The Maury Show

Pence has a lot of balls doing this. If he spills a lot of info to get Trump convicted, it puts pressure on the GOP to nominate someone who hasn’t been convicted of a felony. If the only major competition is Ron DeSantis and I am Mike Pence, I would be singing like a fucking canary to put Trump away and have a better chance at the nomination.

31 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I mean....I didn't have "Mooch and Kevin Spacey and the pool boy have a coke-fueled three way" on my Wednesday information-I-would-learn bingo card, but there you have it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Well, a friend of mine named Chat GPT 3.5  wrote that song
And he told me it was the perfect patriotic bro country song
I responded in the chat session and I told him it was not the perfect patriotic bro country song
Because he hadn't said anything at all about mama
Or trains, or trucks, or prison, or getting drunk, or patriot boots, or the Hunan Lion
Well, he sat down and regenerated the song
And after reading it I realized that ChatGPT had written the perfect patriotic bro country song
And I felt obliged to include it on this thread

(Verse 1)
Well, gather 'round y'all, let me paint a scene,
Back in the day, where life was clean,
Momma's wisdom like a warm embrace,
Guided us through life's wild chase.

Trains rollin' on tracks of fate,
Trucks on dirt roads, no need to wait,
But there's a Hunan Lion, a sneaky game,
Tried to hold us back, but we rise the same.

(Chorus)

(Verse 2)
Gettin' drunk on dreams, like Lizzo's song,
Dancin' all night, all day long,
Through the battles, we found our call,
United we stand, we'll never fall.

"Read the indictment," shout it loud,
In this land of freedom, we stand proud,
Prison walls tried to lock us in,
But we break free with a rebel grin.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Hunan Lion's roar, ain't got no might,
We'll stand strong, in the freedom light,
With momma's love, and Lizzo's beat,
We'll stomp our boots to the victory beat.

(Verse 3)
From momma's teachings to Lizzo's groove,
We fight for justice, we won't move,
Through highs and lows, we're standin' tall,
American spirit, we heed the call.

Trains, trucks, and the open road,
Lead us to a future where dreams explode,
In our hearts, the lion's roar gets muffled,
As we rise, break free from every shuffle.

(Chorus)

(Outro)
So here's to the old days, and the strength we've gained,
In our patriot boots, we're breakin' chains,
With momma's love and Lizzo's fire,
We'll keep on risin' higher and higher,
In our patriot boots, we'll leave a mark,
United we stand, light up the dark.

See, as I understand it, the problem is that Lizzo DID fall for the old "banana in the tailpipe" trick.....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Hey, nobody said anything about a three-way.  I'm guessing based on the vibe I got that 'twas lotta drugs and lotta booze, but Mooch took the same approach with the bedroom antics as he took with anti-democracy practices in the White House and anti-risk underwriting in private equity investments, "Hey, I'm just here to watch!"  

Edited by YGIFS

26 minutes ago, MrBig said:

Pence has a lot of balls doing this. If he spills a lot of info to get Trump convicted, it puts pressure on the GOP to nominate someone who hasn’t been convicted of a felony. If the only major competition is Ron DeSantis and I am Mike Pence, I would be singing like a fucking canary to put Trump away and have a better chance at the nomination.

You're also going to have a better chance at getting shot in the head.

Good piece on Smith. https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/01/us/politics/jack-smith-trump-indictment-investigations.html

Also, DOJ has asked for a "Garcia hearing" on Nauta's lawyer Stanley Woodward.  Woodward represents a bunch of Trumpkins, including, apparently, two witnesses against Nauta.  So, this is a potential conflict of interest and this hearing a) advises Nauta and the other two of the conflicts and assures that they have given knowing waivers and b) examines the conflict to see if it can actually be waived (is not an actual conflict.   This is a more formal rendition of that snit that occurred in Georgia over the lawyer repping several fake electors.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4133649-doj-raises-conflict-of-interest-issues-with-walt-nautas-attorney-in-mar-a-lago-case/

Also, the supervisor of the surveillance equipment gave states evidence after firing Woodward, which was a key to the superseding indictment.

That said, I read an article on Woodward that says he's not a Trumpkin or a shithead, but a good lawyer considered for a DC judgeship. https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/30/legal-nerd-maga-bigwigs-stanley-woodward-00071385

That said, it is conceivable that he gets in some hot water over this.  Not so much for the joint representation, but for the divided loyalty of having Trump pay his bills.

• Hook 'Em 1

Woodward represents a bunch of Trumpkins, including, apparently, two witnesses against Nauta.  So, this is a potential conflict of interest
Potential clearly unethical conflict from a Trump paid lawyer?
DD8F25A9-8188-474A-9987-C440DD032EEA.gif.1b50e5df2e1cc375cd3697e9f75bdf94.gif

“So Your Honor, when Nauta tells me things those two other witnesses could use against him in their direct, I just don’t listen as well.  Same thing when those two tell me things that Nauta could use against them in cross. That stuff - like - just slips my mind.”

I like Jen Psaki and she’s improved her appearance with a new hairstyle and better makeup since she moved from the White House to MSNBC. And I’ve got a thing for redheads but I think she’s kind of average looking. Still, I’m a team player.

IMG_7556.thumb.jpeg.dcb7fa3cfc21a900e5026d883894a8d1.jpeg

I lean more toward Mallory McMorrow. She’s not model hot either but she’s more to my liking. 

IMG_7343.thumb.jpeg.6d5126c3c6e93a96bc13901adfb66aac.jpeg

IMG_7345.thumb.jpeg.3fbe338cc00fc167e7d55076407d686c.jpeg

• Drool 4

One important aspect of Jack Smith’s and Merrill Garland’s work that is often overlooked is how they are establishing a framework for dealing with the criminally wayward in the executive branch who push constitutional boundaries while undermining our democracy. Nothin like this has ever existed before in our history.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I know we've thrown a bunch of names of the six co-conspirators but have they been confirmed? The reason I ask is because the opening to NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, they've run the pictures and names of Rudy, Easton, Powell, Clark, Chesebro and Unidentified across the screen.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I know we've thrown a bunch of names of the six co-conspirators but have they been confirmed? The reason I ask is because the opening to NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, they've run the pictures and names of Rudy, Easton, Powell, Clark, Chesebro and Unidentified across the screen.

Boris Epshteyn based on this from the NYTimes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/02/us/politics/boris-epshteyn-co-conspirator-6.html#:~:text=Co-Conspirator 6 was more,figures in Mr. Trump's orbit.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Gotcha -- I was asking more if the five names NBC showed on the screen have been confirmed.

Not publicly confirmed, but Giuliani, Eastman, Sydney Powell and Jeffery Clark are pretty obvious. The allegations can be paired with specific actions that happened publicly. 

The other 2, especially #6, the political consultant, are less clear. There's lots of options for #6 and I hope we get some of those options indicted as well.  

Edited by Pods

^^^

The indictment of former President Donald J. Trump in connection with his efforts to retain power after his 2020 election loss left a number of unanswered questions, among them: Who is Co-Conspirator 6?

The indictment asserted that six people aided Mr. Trump’s schemes to remain in office. It did not name any of them, but most were reasonably easy to identify through details contained in the indictment, like Rudolph W. Giuliani, the former New York mayor and lawyer for Mr. Trump (Co-Conspirator 1), and John Eastman, the lawyer behind the idea that Vice President Mike Pence could block or delay certification of Mr. Trump’s loss on Jan. 6 (Co-Conspirator 2).

Co-Conspirator 6 was more of a mystery. Identified by the indictment as “a political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding,” the person could have been a number of figures in Mr. Trump’s orbit.

But a close look at the indictment and a review of messages among people working with Mr. Trump’s team provides a strong clue. An email from December 2020 from Boris Epshteyn, a strategic adviser to the Trump campaign in 2020, to Mr. Giuliani matches a description in the indictment of an interaction between Co-Conspirator 6 and Mr. Giuliani, whose lawyer has confirmed that he is Co-Conspirator 1.

The email, sent on Dec. 7, 2020, and reviewed by The New York Times, was from Mr. Epshteyn to Mr. Giuliani and Mr. Giuliani’s son, Andrew, and had the subject line, “Attorneys for Electors Memo.” It says, “Dear Mayor, as discussed, below are the attorneys I would recommend for the memo on choosing electors,” and it goes on to identify lawyers in seven states.

Paragraph 57 of the indictment says that Co-Conspirator 1, Mr. Giuliani, “spoke with Co-Conspirator 6 regarding attorneys who could assist in the fraudulent elector effort in the targeted states” and received an email from Co-Conspirator 6 “identifying attorneys in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.”

Those are the seven states in the email that Mr. Epshteyn sent to Mr. Giuliani and that was reviewed by The Times. The existence of the email from Mr. Epshteyn does not eliminate the possibility that someone else sent Mr. Giuliani a similar note.

Todd Blanche, a lawyer for Mr. Epshteyn, declined to comment, as did Peter Carr, a spokesman for the special counsel Jack Smith. Mr. Blanche also represents Mr. Trump in the two federal indictments against him.

The indictment also says Co-Conspirator 6 participated in a conference call organized by Mr. Trump’s campaign with pro-Trump electors in Pennsylvania, a state won by Joseph R. Biden Jr. When the electors expressed concern about going along with the plan, Co-Conspirator 1, Mr. Giuliani, “falsely assured them that their certificates would be used only if” Mr. Trump succeeded in fighting the election in court, according to the indictment.

The actions described in the indictment are consistent with previous reporting by The Times about Mr. Epshteyn’s actions. During the push to overturn the 2020 election, Mr. Epshteyn worked with people inside and outside the Trump campaign as he helped to organize slates of so-called fake electors. Mr. Epshteyn is currently a top adviser to Mr. Trump, helping to coordinate various lawyers in the cases in which he is involved.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated