45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

That's really weird.  A clerk's office generally should not be in possession of drafts of something like an indictment.  Hell, they'd probably reject it it it wasn't signed by the Foreperson of the grand jury, just like they'd reject an unsigned motion or petition.

Maybe it was intended to be filed under seal and something glitched there.  But if it was filed, that means it was true-billed and any witnesses today would not and could not be relevant to that indictment.

Of course, today's witnesses could be for other indictments.  I can't find any references anymore, but I could have sworn it was reported that the grand jury was impaneled last month, so presumably has been working up to the present.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Good write-up from the NYTimes while we're waiting on all the heretofore-known skeezy shit Trumpco did in Georgia:

Two Months in Georgia: How Trump Tried to Overturn the Vote
The Georgia case offers a vivid reminder of the extraordinary lengths Mr. Trump and his allies went to in the Southern state to reverse the election.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Literally trying to rig an election. The thing he's been screaming about since 2016. 

30% of this country not being able to see through his bullshit is so depressing. 

you're missing it. they see through it. they dont care. they want their team to win no matter what.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Oh I think the vast majority of the true Dotardians most definitely don't see through it. 

His voters? No, they don't. His supporters in DC? Yeah they see it and they support it. They're not interested in governing; they're interested in ruling. 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Courthouse closes at 5pm Eastern and they are through 5 of 10 witnesses. 

So unless these go really fast it ain't happening until tomorrow.

It’s certainly possible they will stop at 5, but judges control the courtroom. It’s not unusual to stay later than official closing times. Still. My money is on tomorrow or Wednesday for the indictment(s)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If he keeps attacking the judge she absolutely will put him behind bars for contempt 

That tweet seems like the plain language meaning of contempt. Curious what the lawyers think.

43 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That's really weird.  A clerk's office generally should not be in possession of drafts of something like an indictment.  Hell, they'd probably reject it it it wasn't signed by the Foreperson of the grand jury, just like they'd reject an unsigned motion or petition.

Maybe it was intended to be filed under seal and something glitched there.  But if it was filed, that means it was true-billed and any witnesses today would not and could not be relevant to that indictment.

The sequence that you just described - determining the correct administrative action and spotting process errors in context with a high degree of accuracy is a category of thing that AI does extremely well. Just saying.

6 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

His voters? No, they don't. His supporters in DC? Yeah they see it and they support it. They're not interested in governing; they're interested in ruling. 

i have had too many conversations with his supporters where they refuse to listen to logic and reason. by the end, they know. they apologize (not really) for supporting him, start playing the victim card, and then pull some form of whataboutism to justify supporting him. but they know that they are wrong. they know he is wrong. hell he alludes to it most of the time. its part of the game. he know he just has to give them an excuse to support his agenda. an agenda that his supporters believe helps them (it doesnt). the GOP stopped engaging in a competition of ideas 30 years ago. Clinton broke them. ever since, they have refused to change to reflect the will of the people. instead they are trying to change the electorate or give the people a reason to support a racist, elitist agenda that engages in distractions while they rob us all blind.

sigh...

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

One thing is, this thread is too all-encompassing.  Seems to me we ought to have a Mar-A-Lago thread, a Manhattan thread, a DC 1/6 thread, and eventually a Georgia thread.

We also probably need a Trump lawyer FAFO thread.

Serious question, are you an aggy?

Your breathless defense of the law and lawyers in general sounds quite like aggy saying they never lie cheat or steal.

You talk about how only lawyers take home stress from the job sounds like aggy saying turdition and from the outside you wouldn't understand...

Now you want a thread for every trump indictment like Texags on their football board.

What's next, how you gave a visiting attorney directions to the courthouse?

If you're not an aggy, then maybe lawyers just suck like they do. I mean most jokes about professionals are lawyer jokes, and most jokes about college students are about aggy.

• Drool 1

54 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Serious question, are you an aggy?

Your breathless defense of the law and lawyers in general sounds quite like aggy saying they never lie cheat or steal.

You talk about how only lawyers take home stress from the job sounds like aggy saying turdition and from the outside you wouldn't understand...

Now you want a thread for every trump indictment like Texags on their football board.

What's next, how you gave a visiting attorney directions to the courthouse?

If you're not an aggy, then maybe lawyers just suck like they do. I mean most jokes about professionals are lawyer jokes, and most jokes about college students are about aggy.

way too intelligent for aggy he uses commas and shit . 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I expected this as well. It’s a trademark of rightist politics in general to pounce on the vaguest appearance of oppositional impropriety, run with it and scream about it until the end of fucking time. Clockwork.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, it will be the Fulton County District Attorney, which is, despite the name, an arm of the state government, not Fulton County. And the case will be styled State of Georgia v. Donald J. Trump et al. 

The key word in the title is District not County. District Attorneys represent the state in districts that often but not always correspond to counties.  This is the difference between district amd county attorneys.

GIF by Sky

i just know that he is fucked. im not sure if its in NYC, FL, DC, or the ATL - maybe all of them. but the dude is going down.

its funny he keeps screaming its election interference!!! like someone else said, ok cool lets get these trials over ASAP so we arent anywhere near the election.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Can’t we go one thread on this website without it devolving into a lawyer criticism/fart smelling fight? 

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

0C70C85B-53E2-4428-8E58-4094B9D0102F.jpeg.f4ccd3afc3dd18d8adc5a7f089cf06db.jpeg

“You will get the attorney shit talking and like it!”

2 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

ChiTownDoc accusing Surly lawyer cabal of having metal studs in our micropeni.  Harsh Doc, harsh. 

Y’all forget Surly demographics

• 46% of Surly are lawyers
  • 46% of Surly are doctors
  • 2% of Surly are both
  • 2% of Surly are pilots
  • 2% of Surly are engineers (1 member of Surly is a lawyer and an engineer, but the stats don't reflect it)
  • 2% of Surly are in the entertainment industry
  • 2% of Surly are math majors
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Constant said:

Wish we could take all the child cancer in the world and give them to this fat, treasonous fuck. 

You know, I wish I had all the child cancer in the world. Sucks for me, but it would solve one of the great problems of the world.

But you know, if Trump got it all instead, that would solve two.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

They are saying on MSNBC that the rules for bail in Georgia are kind of different from other places.  There you have to prove you're not going to misbehave in order not to go to jail, not get the benefit of the doubt like in NY and Georgia.

Ruh, roh!

• Haha 1
  • Drool 3

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

i just know that he is fucked. im not sure if its in NYC, FL, DC, or the ATL - maybe all of them. but the dude is going down.

its funny he keeps screaming its election interference!!! like someone else said, ok cool lets get these trials over ASAP so we arent anywhere near the election.

And they're still coming. There will be more charges in separate cases dropping.  Meanwhile, he can't stop criming on Truth Social.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That tweet seems like the plain language meaning of contempt. Curious what the lawyers think.

The sequence that you just described - determining the correct administrative action and spotting process errors in context with a high degree of accuracy is a category of thing that AI does extremely well. Just saying.

Well, court clerks better pepper their angus then.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

For the first time I feel like the walls are closing in on him; he's gonna be proper fucked.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated