45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

14 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So we've gone over the past year or so from dismissing Smith altogether, to threatening Smith with legal action, to now reasoning with Smith to just drop all charges so the country can "heal":

Screenshot2024-02-08at7_13_35PM.png.3c2bfc3bc8671034891dc5006c95eefb.png

Gee, it almost mirrors the stages of grief.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So we've gone over the past year or so from dismissing Smith altogether, to threatening Smith with legal action, to now reasoning with Smith to just drop all charges so the country can "heal":

Dim Witler

Edited by ohchaucer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nothing To Add said:

I have gotten so tired of the delays.  I thought fast food was supposed to clog arteries and lead to death.  Well...Big Mac do your duty and put this fat fuck in the ground.

Username does not check out.

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

We’re at the “Bargaining” stage of the 5 Stages of Trump.

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

or, hear me out, he could do this:

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Found this motion on courtistener.  There are at least two dockets on that site of varying completeness.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/294/united-states-v-trump/

So, this was kind of a dick move by Trumpco in the first place, but the government admits that it didn't bring the proper standard to Cannon's attention in its response.

Because the Court applied the wrong legal standard—which, as explained below, the Government did not discuss in its prior filing—reconsideration is warranted to “correct clear error.”

Apparently, the government argued that Trump's filing violated the protective order and didn't discuss the generally applicable standard -- protective order or no protective order -- and she therefore fucked it up.

Around this same time, Cannon has also been denying the press access to most or all sealed and redacted filings. So her feeble little mind got confused.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Found this motion on courtistener.  There are at least two dockets on that site of varying completeness.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/67490070/294/united-states-v-trump/

So, this was kind of a dick move by Trumpco in the first place, but the government admits that it didn't bring the proper standard to Cannon's attention in its response.

Apparently, the government argued that Trump's filing violated the protective order and didn't discuss the generally applicable standard -- protective order or no protective order -- and she therefore fucked it up.

Around this same time, Cannon has also been denying the press access to most or all sealed and redacted filings. So her feeble little mind got confused.

Gee whiz, another weird bit of legalese breaking in favor of trumpco. What an unexpected turn of events! This literally never happens!

46 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah those of us without an elmotwatfuck subscription can't read threads anymore.

Fuck them.

Correct. Apartheid Elmo still doesn’t understand who the customer is or the product he is selling with Xitter. Limiting eyeballs to Twitter is a choice, and a dumb one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, YGIFS said:

What's the stage that comes before suicide?  

I'll give him credit, it's a senile and illogical argument but his prose is a tad better than usual.  So that's something...

It's the rationale for the Nixon pardon. 

and, i'd like to give the below to all of our friends posting pictures of their lunch boxes.

image.png.c6663e73eb82ca2f35ea7d874af97a30.png

• Rage+1 1

26 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Good morning, my old friends. As I mentioned earlier, my younger daughter's roommate works at the law firm that represents E. Jean Carroll. Yesterday, they sent me a pic of the roommate in her office wearing MAGA-red baseball hats with $83M across the front. It's beautiful! 

She's starting law school in the fall. I guess she has a pretty good resume.

RULES!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Correct. Apartheid Elmo still doesn’t understand who the customer is or the product he is selling with Xitter. Limiting eyeballs to Twitter is a choice, and a dumb one. 

Yeah, I assume you mean our eyeballs (viewers) are the product and the advertisers are the customers that pay for more eyeballs.  So give away the platform and sell the ads makes more sense.  Charge a premium for fewer ads. (YouTube, Spotify, etc follow this model)

But there are strange quirks about embedded tweets and youtube videos I have noted 

• They never show ads (twatter or youtube).  They need to drive you to their platform to serve the ads
  • I have a strong suspicion that they are not able to collect the demographic data on the viewers without your account login info so the advertisers would probably pay a lower rate for non-targeted ads.
  • Off topic, I think this is one of the funniest parts of Truth Social - the main content to draw viewers is Trump but all his crap is posted as screenshots (not even embeds that they could track) by Bots on other platforms where it gets a lot more eyes so there is no incentive to advertise on Truth if you can get a bigger audience on TwiXer.  I guess the targeted prepper, red hat and lumpy pillow buyers might be an exception.  At least youtube and elmo can track embeds
Edited by TexasEd

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Gee whiz, another weird bit of legalese breaking in favor of trumpco. What an unexpected turn of events! This literally never happens!

Well, it's a litigation.  Shit whipsaws back and forth with great regularity. The good guys rarely win 100% or even 90% of the time.

This is mostly inconsequential to the outcome of the case, but the release of witness identities is no bueno for sure.  We'll see what she does.

38 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

the rest ^. didn’t realize some couldn’t access. why not keep an account for viewing threads and articles/videos? still the best spot for aggregate news. 

and Russia is the cheapest place to buy oil

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

I have a strong suspicion that they are not able to collect the demographic data on the viewers without your account login info so the advertisers would probably pay a lower rate for non-targeted ads.

Let me disabuse you of that. If you're actually seeing the embedded content, it's still being served by YouTube/Twitter, and the browser cookies they use to track you are still being sent to their servers. They know who you are, they know that you're watching a video, embedded or otherwise, they know when you did it and where you did it from.

They absolutely collect, just like how Google Ads are still showing targeted ads to you on non-Google sites.

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ngl, I'd probably still rock this.

Same. That thing was donated/thrown away WAY back in the early 1980s, so it's long gone.

16 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Trump's gonna go full Calvin:

Screenshot_20240209_092613_Firefox.thumb.jpg.d99c3edc0d2f1e5598b1ca7f5f7731b8.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Let me disabuse you of that. If you're actually seeing the embedded content, it's still being served by YouTube/Twitter, and the browser cookies they use to track you are still being sent to their servers. They know who you are, they know that you're watching a video, embedded or otherwise, they know when you did it and where you did it from.

They absolutely collect, just like how Google Ads are still showing targeted ads to you on non-Google sites.

Sorry, I was confusing and imprecise.

They get more tracking data if you have an account and they can see what you have viewed over time.  If it is embedded they get less data and if you purge cookies or watch incognito or other techniques even less.

The part about Truths being screenshots and not tracked is true and if we copy and paste screenshots from twitter instead of embedding tweets that would not be tracked here either.

1 hour ago, TexasEd said:

If it is embedded they get less data

This is the part I'm trying to address. It's not true. There's literally no difference for user tracking/data mining purposes between an embedded tweet/video or viewing it from the site itself.

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Fuck that cunt

That whole post sequence is almost utterly without context.  

Most of the motion practice for the last month has been under seal because it is CIPA/classified material related.  Anyone who thinks they really know what's going on is probably full of shit.

It's a one day deadline to turn over a document, for fuck's sake.

ETA:  what seems to have happened here is this.  Trump filed some material as an attachment to a motion that should have been under seal according to the protective order.  The government so argued, but only that the protective order prohibited public dissemination and failed to address the broader standard for filing under seal, that is when there is not a protective order (or reconsidering whether the protective order should either be revoked, or shouldn't apply to this kind of material, whatever it is).

When she refused to file it under seal, they asked for reconsideration, citing the broader standard, and attaching evidence in the form of what appears to be a summary of a criminal investigation of people threatening and tampering with witnesses against Trump.  They also sought permission to file that under seal AND ex parte, meaning  Trump's lawyers wouldn't even get to see it.  That's highly unusual.  So, she's keeping the document under seal, but ordering them to give it to Trump's lawyers.  Not really all that dramatic.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3