45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Yep. She's getting paid after appeal. She might be the only one who does.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But I've been assured by so many on this thread that nobody is getting paid a dime.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

But I've been assured by so many on this thread that nobody is getting paid a dime.

I'll preface that with 'she's getting paid so long as he doesn't get elected'. If he gets elected, not only is nobody getting paid, but we're all getting fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Chubb's problem is that if Trump wins the election there's no way he's repaying them or letting them take his shit.

Fingers crossed that this one moves through before November.

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I'll preface that with 'she's getting paid so long as he doesn't get elected'. If he gets elected, not only is nobody getting paid, but we're all getting fucked.

I don't think he can unring the bond bell, but I wholeheartedly agree with your second sentence.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

How so on the first part? The Clinton case established that there is no presidential immunity for civil cases. The appeal can proceed and when he loses she'll get paid from the bond and Chubb will use its extraordinary resources to ensure the fat fuck pays up. I suspect they took some security interest in some of his shit that still has value. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

How so on the first part? The Clinton case established that there is no presidential immunity for civil cases. The appeal can proceed and when he loses she'll get paid from the bond and Chubb will use its extraordinary resources to ensure the fat fuck pays up. I suspect they took some security interest in some of his shit that still has value. 

That was different.  You see, Clinton engaged in an extramarital affair and then lied about it.  Republicans will not stand for such an offense.  What he should have done is paid her to keep quiet.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, dcbc said:

That was different.  You see, Clinton engaged in an extramarital affair and then lied about it.  Republicans will not stand for such an offense. 

Huh. Funny how that works. Here's a gif that I predict will get a lot of use around here.

200.gif?cid=6c09b952won0m3sbo4hpbcuecrza

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Guys, if Donald Trump is reelected there is no way in hell Chubb is selling any of his assets. He'll be having his political opponents rounded up and imprisoned. You think some fucking CEO is going to risk that over pawning his fucking plane? 

• Like 1

Chubb is the gold standard in private client P&C and has been for 50+ years. Their commercial business is good as well but commercial is a whole different animal, and so is the bond/surety game, which I know next-to-nothing about. AIG is known for doing reckless, stupid shit. Chubb, not so much.

• Hook 'Em 4

51 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah because the government has almost zero role in civil litigation besides providing the forum and the judge, it is not immediately apparent to me how he would stop Chubb.   But I am sure he would try. 

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah because the government has almost zero role in civil litigation besides providing the forum and the judge, it is not immediately apparent to me how he would stop Chubb.   But I am sure he would try. 

He stops Chubb the way all authoritarians control private enterprises in their countries.  To stop them from executing on his $90 million in assets, he threatens them with executive action that will seize/damage/reduce the value of Chubb's portfolio by a few billion.  Chubb then falls in line, example eleventy billion of a private enterprise bending the knee to a head of gov't using the power of the state for his personal benefit.  This isn't hard or complicated.  Damn near every third world shithole of the past several centuries had it down to a science.  On the flip side, if Chubb steps up and does him a solid, he'll use that same government power to do something favorable for Chubb that enriches their portfolio by a few billion.

Those in the know call this approach "plata o plomo."  Again, it's criminal gangster 101 shit.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

There is a really good chance Dipshit's personal insurance is handled by Chubb though he's such a wild card I bet they no longer let him have an umbrella. He's in the realm of shady-ass entertainers and athletes by this point. If he's not with Chubb, my second guess would be AIG.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

There is a really good chance Dipshit's personal insurance is handled by Chubb though he's such a wild card I bet they no longer let him have an umbrella. He's in the realm of shady-ass entertainers and athletes by this point. If he's not with Chubb, my second guess would be AIG.

Like he can get coverage from quality outfits like those.  All of his coverage is with

MV5BMWQyOTgwYjctMDkwZS00MjQ3LWJhNTEtNmIy

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Guys, if Donald Trump is reelected there is no way in hell Chubb is selling any of his assets. He'll be having his political opponents rounded up and imprisoned. You think some fucking CEO is going to risk that over pawning his fucking plane? 

Or maybe Chubb and its CEO are MAGA? Maybe they just want to help Trump win in November? Or expect big favors if Trump wins? 

Don't forget that numerous German corporations/business leaders lined up behind Hitler in Nazi Germany. Same thing will happen here if Trump is re-elected.

I'm betting Chubb is MAGA. Like a lot of CEO/Corporate Boards. 

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 3

It turns out that Trump may have called in a major favor: Court records filed Friday show that the bond was guaranteed by the Chubb Corporation, an insurance group. In 2018, Trump appointed Chubb’s CEO Evan Greenberg to a White House advisory committee for trade policy and negotiations.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, BamaATL said:

For all we know, Chubb is the insurer on the 737 and that is the collateral, which assuming that is free and clear is probably about right (a rather large assumption, I'll grant).  

Trump’s 34 year old 757 is worth nowhere near $93 million.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

One of the funniest things about this thread is people not realizing how heads of corporations and members of Congress bowed down to this criminal jerk off for 4 years while he was president and in position to make them richer. Then after he tried to overthrow the government they've done nothing but continue bowing at his feet just on the chance he could get elected again. 

There's zero backbone in corporate America and American politics. If someone has control of a political party like this they will be untouchable as no one will risk losing money or favor to oppose them. We've seen it play out in full since 2016 and yet so many people want to put their heads in the sand and act like this third world country dictator shit isn't already happening here. 

The last step is the courts. Right now he's under indictment but is being allowed to delay criminal trials and is allowed to continue to threaten people without being locked up pending trial. The courts are bending but as of this moment haven't broken yet. If they do break then it'll all be over. We're hanging on by a thread here. 

Who doesn’t understand this? Seems like to me in reading this thread and every other Trump related thread everyone understands this. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, BamaATL said:

It's not at all surprising to me, his whole life is a game of three card monty, and when you do that he's constantly robbing peter to pay paul, which means you never actually have anything that isn't going right back out to keep the scheme going.  When it's all said and done, I think we are going to find out that he's upside down several billion dollars.  The good news, in a couple of weeks the State of New York is going to start that process.  

Aka Ponzi Scheme

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Who doesn’t understand this? Seems like to me in reading this thread and every other Trump related thread everyone understands this. 

Rough estimates:

40% of voters understand it and are actively fighting against it.

15% of voters understand it and are actively working to make it happen.

30% of voters are rubes getting duped into supporting it.

15% of voters are uninformed or apathetic or undecided.  The voters in this section in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan are going to decide the outcome.

He doesn't play by the rules. He'll put Chubb out of business before he let's them collect if he's President.

17 hours ago, Underdog said:

Guess Chico's had more important clients to serve than Trump... 

image.png.4683717d5fec89f70ba866569f397e13.png

In all seriousness, think about how much Eric Trump looks like Lupus. 

Is collection or forfeiture of collection on a bond necessarily public information?  Why wouldn't Chubb just waive the bond, and in return Trump would create more industry-favorable policy from the White House (if elected)?  Sure, if he loses, they might try to collect, or they might just see it as an acceptable business risk.

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

18 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

19 hours ago, dcbc said:

I don't think he can unring the bond bell, but I wholeheartedly agree with your second sentence.

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t know how he will have done it, and maybe I’m not giving Chubb enough credit for due diligence, but I think they will be paying out that bond and when it comes time to recoup he will stuff them- and that’s when they will discover that they are subordinate to 150% of FMV on the assets he secured the bond with. 

or something like that. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know how he will have done it, and maybe I’m not giving Chubb enough credit for due diligence, but I think they will be paying out that bond and when it comes time to recoup he will stuff them- and that’s when they will discover that they are subordinate to 150% of FMV on the assets he secured the bond with. 

or something like that. 

100% he’s stiffing chubb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

He stops Chubb the way all authoritarians control private enterprises in their countries.  To stop them from executing on his $90 million in assets, he threatens them with executive action that will seize/damage/reduce the value of Chubb's portfolio by a few billion.  Chubb then falls in line, example eleventy billion of a private enterprise bending the knee to a head of gov't using the power of the state for his personal benefit.  This isn't hard or complicated.  Damn near every third world shithole of the past several centuries had it down to a science.  On the flip side, if Chubb steps up and does him a solid, he'll use that same government power to do something favorable for Chubb that enriches their portfolio by a few billion.

Those in the know call this approach "plata o plomo."  Again, it's criminal gangster 101 shit.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
19 hours ago, 'stache said:

He doesn't play by the rules. He'll put Chubb out of business before he lets them collect if he's President.

Chubb is a conglomerate with stakeholders across the world. They don’t need any favors from an American president, a laughable one at that if he is somehow elected. They wield the same corporate influence as the other oligarchs in the legislature where the real favors happen. They aren’t messing around for some minor executive influence. If they don’t collect it’ll be because $90 million is change they find in the couch cushions and it’ll be for favors from republicans in Congress.

Also, for all his fascist rhetoric, he’s not smart enough or motivated enough to actually pull off a takeover of one of the biggest corporations in the fucking world. They’re headquartered in Zurich, little donnie trump is at most a toy for them, and if the stakeholders say collect, they gonna collect. Those stakeholders aren’t gonna let the CEO play maga unless there is a benefit, and if there is one, it’s with Congress. “If you really love that dumbass cut our taxes again or we gonna make your boy look silly and broke.”

But more than likely they took the plane as collateral as probably his last unencumbered asset of real value and if they can get a few things out of it here and there again it’s pocket change.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Chubb is a conglomerate with stakeholders across the world. They don’t need any favors from an American president, a laughable one at that if he is somehow elected. They wield the same corporate influence as the other oligarchs in the legislature where the real favors happen. They aren’t messing around for some minor executive influence. If they don’t collect it’ll be because $90 million is change they find in the couch cushions and it’ll be for favors from republicans in Congress.

Also, for all his fascist rhetoric, he’s not smart enough or motivated enough to actually pull off a takeover of one of the biggest corporations in the fucking world. They’re headquartered in Zurich, little donnie trump is at most a toy for them, and if the stakeholders say collect, they gonna collect. Those stakeholders aren’t gonna let the CEO play maga unless there is a benefit, and if there is one, it’s with Congress. “If you really love that dumbass cut our taxes again or we gonna make your boy look silly and broke.”

But more than likely they took the plane as collateral as probably his last unencumbered asset of real value and if they can get a few things out of it here and there again it’s pocket change.

Trump controls half of the legislature as well as long as he's in power or threatens to be. They've had 10 years to stand up to him and refuse to be a part of it but they have not done it once. They've bowed to him at every possible opportunity to get rid of him. 

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm glad I'm a white male. Even if the worst happens, I should be okay. Oh, wait .. I'm also Catholic.  Am I fucked? 

Are you insanely rich? If not you're fucked too

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

About 55-65% of the country. 

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Rough estimates:

40% of voters understand it and are actively fighting against it.

15% of voters understand it and are actively working to make it happen.

30% of voters are rubes getting duped into supporting it.

15% of voters are uninformed or apathetic or undecided.  The voters in this section in Georgia, Arizona, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan are going to decide the outcome.

He wasn’t talking about American voters. He was talking about this thread. Which is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Trump controls half of the legislature as well as long as he's in power or threatens to be. They've had 10 years to stand up to him and refuse to be a part of it but they have not done it once. They've bowed to him at every possible opportunity to get rid of him. 

They ain't gonna shut down or fuck with Chubb for him, even if they wanted too, lol.

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

They ain't gonna shut down or fuck with Chubb for him, even if they wanted too, lol.

The CEO of Chubb is part of "them". He isn't going to collect on Trump if doing so would jeopardize his standing with him and potentially cost him favor. 

That's exactly what just about all of these corporate America billionaires have been doing for the last 10 years. It's the entire reason why Trump is even in the position he's in now and not in a prison or cast away as an after thought. If they wanted him gone they would have leaned on republicans in Congress, who take bribes "campaign contributions" from them all the time, to impeach him the first time around. 

They profit from Trump's evil ways. They enable him and have this entire time. It's why the only defense against him is the American people routing the republicans and trump in November. 

• Hook 'Em 5

I guess the first question regarding Chubb is whether they protected themselves in writing the bond. 

In anything approaching an arms-length transaction, I might expect they actually got deeds and aren't relying on much or any further legal process to collect their collateral. 

But I suppose anything can happen. From a loosey goosey bond deal to some kind of interference from Trump when the bond gets liquidated. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, 'stache said:

They are just a funnel for money laundering around the world. My bet is they are part of a syndicate  and the face of a group that underwrote the bond. There is dirty money somewhere in there.  Trump is owned by someone. 

• Like 1