45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

4 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Would you care to offer any examples of how his administration did a better job with anything than the current one?  How did he do with rolling back executive orders mandating safety measures for the railroad industry for starters?  

No.  How he did on that issue is, horrible.  He made many many stupid fucking decisions.  Does that make you feel better?  

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

We know that's not what you "said", but it's the truth about the man.  Although, technically his current indictment is state-based, but the federal one is coming over summer.

I'll be the first to say I don't think Biden is doing the absolutely, amazing job that many on this thread think he's doing.  But he's doing a pretty good job, particularly given the fact that all that QE free money finally hitting peak circulation combined, supply chain choke points, with pent-up spending demand during Covid, all culminating at the same time was inevitably gonna lead to higher inflation and then higher interest rates.  Last I checked, automobile gasoline pricing was based on crude oil pricing, which is a global commodity beyond the control of any one head of state, by design.  His most master stroke is Ukraine, and it's the one least talked about, which makes it his master stroke.  and I think he's a solid guy.  I bundled and voted for him in 2020 and will do it again in a heartbeat if he's facing off against Trump in 2024.  Mostly what I'll do is spend primary season stoking Trump's RNC opponents to attack him as much as possible until some idiotic MAGA lover decides the only way for Trump to guarantee victory is for his leading primary opponent to get taken out by a lone gunman.  

This is about his indictment so Trump will continue to grift off the arrest.  He'll be indicted again for the Georgia election fraud and then again for stealing and passing classified documents.  It'll all hang over him during the election cycle.  He won't be tried for any of them (possibly the current Manhattan case, at least initial trial proceedings).  A handful of folks around him will take plea deals, including up to one of his children.  Backed into the most serious corner of his life, he will begin to act out even more cravenly than ever before.  He will begin making outlandish claims of anticipated voter fraud in PA, WI, MI, GA, AZ, and a few other swing states.  This will begin to exhaust all but his most staunch supporters.  The non-stop campaigning, lying, and grifting will cause the tub of shit to die of natural causes in September or October of 2024.  At which, two new issues will arise for our political process:

1.  Does his VP ascend to the top of the ticket with great sympathy from the American people, and possibly win the general?  Does the RNC go back to the primary/nomination process real fast?  Does MAGA nation just vote for him anyway, assuming he's operating a government-in-exile, and still very much alive, with JFK Jr.?

2.  Does his base accept his death or violently lash out, wrongfully assuming it was the work of the Deep State to prevent his ascension back to the Oval?  

Tl;dr. We don't need an indictment to know the type of scumbag he is when we have him on tape PRIOR to his election saying, "...just grab them in the pussy".  If you voted for that piece of shit then what does that say about the alternative.  A couple of things.  We have some idiots who vote R no matter the man, some people who don't care about "the man" and lastly the alternatives suck for many.  

Edited by RollLeft

5 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

No.  How he did on that issue is, horrible.  He made many many stupid fucking decisions.  Does that make you feel better?  

Let's move on.  How did that whole tax cut thing work out?  

What I'm getting at is I'm curious what, if anything, do you believe that administration accomplished that made it superior to the current one (which, if you're keeping score, I'm not cheering as a fanboy)?

Edited by DDD Dad

Hillary was in a tough spot. When coming up her best political play was to team w Bill and push him to the top. My med school roommate was good friends with a close family friend of the Clintons from Arkansas, and per his account she was the brains and he was the beauty. It would have been a huge uphill battle for her to achieve those levels of success on her own, and solely because she is a woman.

Then with his serial infidelity coming to light, she “stood by her man”, which rehabbed her image as a shrew in the post Clinton WH years but completely hamstrung her ability to attack Trump on his predatory, philandering behavior in 2016. All of the negative characteristics in her would be seen as positives in a man, neutral at worst. But she did have a tremendous amount of hubris, with her handling of protocol as SoS leading to legitimate worry about how she would handle being head of the executive branch. This might have been a fatal flaw against a reasonable opponent, but against Trump? The difference was misogyny plain and simple 

But let’s not forget, regardless of why, she had a 2/3 negative rating. That’s not all misogyny. The only person likely in the whole fucking country with higher unlikables was Trump. The 2 least popular candidates in history faced off for POTUS in 2016. We are a nation of morons. 

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Right on cue the very post after mine demonstrated exactly what I was talking about. Millions of people like this. No clue what's going on, strong opinion, lack of any effort to question and educate, and therefore zero evidence to back the opinion up. Just millions of lost men and women twisting in the winds of a hurricane of bullshit

I'm still waiting to see if he'll offer up ANY examples of how the Trump administration did a better job with anything than the current one.

Patient Bear GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Hillary was in a tough spot. When coming up her best political play was to team w Bill and push him to the top. My med school roommate was good friends with a close family friend of the Clintons from Arkansas, and per his account she was the brains and he was the beauty. It would have been a huge uphill battle for her to achieve those levels of success on her own, and solely because she is a woman.

Then with his serial infidelity coming to light, she “stood by her man”, which rehabbed her image as a shrew in the post Clinton WH years but completely hamstrung her ability to attack Trump on his predatory, philandering behavior in 2016. All of the negative characteristics in her would be seen as positives in a man, neutral at worst. But she did have a tremendous amount of hubris, with her handling of protocol as SoS leading to legitimate worry about how she would handle being head of the executive branch. This might have been a fatal flaw against a reasonable opponent, but against Trump? The difference was misogyny plain and simple 

But let’s not forget, regardless of why, she had a 2/3 negative rating. That’s not all misogyny. The only person likely in the whole fucking country with higher unlikables was Trump. The 2 least popular candidates in history faced off for POTUS in 2016. We are a nation of morons. 

Yeah, I wouldn't say she rode his coattails.  If anything she boosted him to reach the pinnacle.

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I've long said that Hillary and Trump faced off against the only other person in the world they could've beaten in the general election in 2016. And he, somehow, won.

Yep. Biden's returned stable leadership to the WH and proven to be shockingly effective in getting legislation passed. Throw in the whole ability to pants Putin and Russia while uniting our allies--many of whom had lost tremendous faith is us under dotard--in support of Ukraine and he's looking at a solid C+/B- presidency so far, with the potential of it looking better years down the road.

Trump's presidency rates no better than a D-. No sane person would ever given Trump higher marks in leadership or execution than Biden.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Trump's presidency rates an F, as in Failed, Flunked, Fucked, and Fascist. 

Well when you don’t actually try to do any governing and simply use the presidency as a way to punish opponents and grift millions, it’s pretty hard to get any higher than an F. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I'm still waiting to see if he'll offer up ANY examples of how the Trump administration did a better job with anything than the current one.

Patient Bear GIFs | Tenor

I was expecting him to pull out some erroneous talking point from the right wing like the war Ukraine is Biden's fault when in reality to this point it's his signature win. Beating Putin to his knees in a proxy war without a single American casualty is one of the biggest wins a president has had in a while. Up there with the first 2 years of Obama Admin pulling the country out of the mortgage crisis recession and bringing health care to millions of Americans that didn't have it previously with the ACA. 

I'm trying to find a signature win in the 8 years of Reagan, 8 years of Bush 2, and 4 of Trump but i can't think of much of anything that didn't directly benefit the upper crust of American wealthy to the detriment of the rest of us. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Trump's presidency rates an F, as in Failed, Flunked, Fucked, and Fascist. 

this. seriously. I have repeatedly asked what he accomplished in his time in office and the best i've seen yet is he pardoned Jack Johnson. I'm betting he thought that the whitest name he had ever heard, but you know, he did literally one good thing

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this. seriously. I have repeatedly asked what he accomplished in his time in office and the best i've seen yet is he pardoned Jack Johnson. I'm betting he thought that the whitest name he had ever heard, but you know, he did literally one good thing

He did make a lot of other world leaders look good (well at least in comparison), so maybe that counts for something.

Well, as someone who has been a long time Trump hater and also a long time Hillary disliker (I seriously questioned whether my dislike of either of them was irrational, questioned whether I should vote at all, and wound up going for the downballot and voting for Gary Johnson, yes I am one of those), I was fairly stunned when he won.
At that point, I thought and I think maybe a lot of people thought that he might stop being a complete blowhard asshole, get serious and maybe do OK as President.  And I thought (and still do) that some of the early criticism of him was fairly irrational (I think it matters because getting all breathless about fairly trivial shit set the stage nicely for his witch hunt refrain).  Going back to Perot, I confess to being intrigued by non-politician Presidents, but both of them wound up being pretty total assholes.  Trump much worse than Perot, and, of course, actually elected.
But, no, after about six months, I was convinced that he was a much bigger asshole than I had thought he was for the last 20 someodd years and also much dumber than I thought.
Ditto on all the above... except I was shocked by the blatant, naked, ball-swinging corruption.

I thought the corruption would be more competent
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Maybe enacting the Federal right-to-try law? A vast majority of states had already given terminally ill patients access to experimental drugs so in retrospect it might not have been that important, but it still stands out as the biggest "win" he had in his one term.

Bet ya' 10 bucks that  he doesn't even know that he did it, and if you asked him about it, he couldn't explain it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Tl;dr. We don't need an indictment to know the type of scumbag he is when we have him on tape PRIOR to his election saying, "...just grab them in the pussy".  If you voted for that piece of shit then what does that say about the alternative.  A couple of things.  We have some idiots who vote R no matter the man, some people who don't care about "the man" and lastly the alternatives suck for many.  

It doesn't matter what we "need."

The State of NY believes he willfully broke campaign finance and possibly tax laws.  The two other people involved in the scheme have been convicted.  He will likely be as well.  

That's just truth.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Yep. Biden's returned stable leadership to the WH and proven to be shockingly effective in getting legislation passed. Throw in the whole ability to pants Putin and Russia while uniting our allies--many of whom had lost tremendous faith is us under dotard--in support of Ukraine and he's looking at a solid C+/B- A to A+ presidency so far.

He's the one big thing he's needed to do -- save democracy -- with a whole lot of headwinds.  Throw in the IRA and the Chips Act and he's crushed it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

He did make a lot of other world leaders look good (well at least in comparison), so maybe that counts for something.

This thread is proof of how shitty he is, and arguably we are only in the first inning or two of this game - when the Atlanta and DOJ stuff happens, this thread will be bigger than the DT Ukraine thread.

Yep, this is just the beginning.  And the long game isn't a Manhattan conviction for financial fraud.  It's to distract him and his legal team while the other indictments unfold.  And then to back him into a corner so he does something even dumber.  And with any luck, just like a double-header, he'll die in 18 innings.  I mean months.  

The upcoming civil war of the GOP will be one thing to see.  What happens when his base 25mm lowest common denominator freak the fuck out upon his death...that's when the real fireworks take flight.  I cannot fucking wait.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

You must love rampant unemployment, government bailouts to cover terrible import tariffs and trade wars, cabinet level corruption, needlessly separating and detaining immigrant children from their parents - oh and being absolutely opposed to democracy complete with an attempt to aid in a violent overthrow. Cool. 

Hated by the rest of the free world, loved by autocrats. 

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Would you care to offer any examples of how his administration did a better job with anything than the current one?  How did he do with rolling back executive orders mandating safety measures for the railroad industry for starters?  

Trump said he was a great president, maybe the greatest president ever, and he believes him because he’s not very bright. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yep, this is just the beginning.  And the long game isn't a Manhattan conviction for financial fraud.  It's to distract him and his legal team while the other indictments unfold.  And then to back him into a corner so he does something even dumber.  And with any luck, just like a double-header, he'll die in 18 innings.  I mean months.  

The upcoming civil war of the GOP will be one thing to see.  

When the Atlanta and/or DOJ stuff happens, I wonder if DeSantis will just say "I support Trump and when elected President, I will pardon him" (which will mean the state charges still fuck Trump over).  DeSantis maybe given a gift, but I don't know how he threads the needle with MAGA, because if he looks at all like he's benefitting from it, they'll turn on him.

C'mon Atlanta indictments.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

23 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Compare, Ga. Code Section 16-14-4

Prohibited activities

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person, through a pattern of racketeering activity or proceeds derived therefrom, to acquire or maintain, directly or indirectly, any interest in or control of any enterprise, real property, or personal property of any nature, including money.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person employed by or associated with any enterprise to conduct or participate in, directly or indirectly, such enterprise through a pattern of racketeering activity.

(c) It shall be unlawful for any person to conspire or endeavor to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section.

A person violates this subsection when:

(1) He or she together with one or more persons conspires to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section and any one or more of such persons commits any overt act to effect the object of the conspiracy; or

(2) He or she endeavors to violate any of the provisions of subsection (a) or (b) of this Code section and commits any overt act to effect the object of the endeavor.

There's a lot of loaded words in there, so I'll just link the definitions section. https://casetext.com/statute/code-of-georgia/title-16-crimes-and-offenses/chapter-14-racketeer-influenced-and-corrupt-organizations/section-16-14-3-definitions  Note that many are drawn from the federal statute above, directly.

2021 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 10 - Offenses Against Public Administration
Article 5 - Offenses Related to Judicial and Other Proceedings
§ 16-10-97. Intimidation or Injury of Any Officer in or of Any Court

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-10-97 (2021)
  1. A person who by threat or force or by any threatening action, letter, or communication: 
    1. Endeavors to intimidate or impede any grand juror or trial juror or any officer in or of any court of this state or any court of any county or municipality of this state or any officer who may be serving at any proceeding in any such court while in the discharge of such juror's or officer's duties; 
    2. Injures any grand juror or trial juror in his or her person or property on account of any indictment or verdict assented to by him or her or on account of his or her being or having been such juror; or 
    3. Injures any officer in or of any court of this state or any court of any county or municipality of this state or any officer who may be serving at any proceeding in any such court in his or her person or property on account of the performance of his or her official duties 

shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by a fine of not more than $5,000.00 or by imprisonment for not more than 20 years, or both. 

2. As used in this Code section, the term "any officer in or of any court" means a judge, attorney, clerk of court, deputy clerk of court, court reporter, community supervision officer, county or Department of Juvenile Justice juvenile probation officer, or probation officer serving pursuant to Article 6 of Chapter 8 of Title 42. 
  3. A person who by threat or force or by any threatening action, letter, or communication endeavors to intimidate any law enforcement officer, outside the scope and course of his or her employment, or his or her immediate family member in retaliation or response to the discharge of such officer's official duties shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years, a fine not to exceed $5,000.00, or both. 

This is a nice fit

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

When the Atlanta and/or DOJ stuff happens, I wonder if DeSantis will just say "I support Trump and when elected President, I will pardon him" (which will mean the state charges still fuck Trump over).  DeSantis maybe given a gift, but I don't know how he threads the needle with MAGA, because if he looks at all like he's benefitting from it, they'll turn on him.

C'mon Atlanta indictments.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

not unless they cut a deal 

state charges will still get trump

9 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Seriously.  @TwiceHorn almost admits to the misogyny in his voting choices, without acknowledging it.  Just fully admit you don't think a woman can be President.  

I admitted some latent misogyny.  But Liz has great ideas and apparently is a rotten politician, because her campaign sucked shit and was full of unforced errors.  It was worse that Hillary's.  I didn't realize this until she actually started her campaign, until then I was hoping she'd win the nom, and I would have voted for her had her own blunders not taken her out of the primary.

I have no objection to a woman as president.  I think I'd like Liz Warren as president, still.

My dislike of Hillary is quite a bit more nuanced than appears here and i'll leave it at that.

I have no question that Hillary is quite bright and an accomplished scholar.  Which leads me to believe she should have had a more significant career than adjunct to Bill's.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

not unless trump cuts a deal with desantis 

DeSantis can't protect Trump from the NYC or Atlanta stuff, so I guess it won't matter - my gut says that Trump tries to burn down the GQP, including DeSantis, if things really pick up on the indictment front and Republicans can't save him.  He's not going down unless the GQP goes down with him.

A lot of Republicans don't seem to understand that everything is transactional with him, including loyalty.  He loves them as long as they give him money and help him out, but he's not going to take the fall by himself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

I have no question that Hillary is quite bright and an accomplished scholar.  Which leads me to believe she should have had a more significant career than adjunct to Bill's.

Well, you know there's the shame in raising a kid while being First Lady of Arkansas and then the United States.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

DeSantis can't protect Trump from the NYC or Atlanta stuff, so I guess it won't matter - my gut says that Trump tries to burn down the GQP, including DeSantis, if things really pick up on the indictment front and Republicans can't save him.  He's not going down unless the GQP goes down with him.

A lot of Republicans don't seem to understand that everything is transactional with him, including loyalty.  He loves them as long as they give him money and help him out, but he's not going to take the fall by himself.

Yep, it's gonna be suicide by gop (pronounced like 'cop') for him.  It's like the Counselor said in the McCarthy novel, "It's not a question of if you're going down, it's just a matter of who you're taking down with you..."  I think he dies in late summer/early fall 2024 from the pressure and constant grift/travel/legal trouble/campaigning.  And given the simulation, his most loyal supporters take up arms thinking he has been made dead by the Deep State/Republican Establishment. 

And then that's when the real fun starts.  (note to self-Heroin seems like a sit-down drug)

Yep, it's gonna be suicide by gop (pronounced like 'cop') for him.  It's like the Counselor said in the McCarthy novel, "It's not a question of if you're going down, it's just a matter of who you're taking down with you..."  I think he dies in late summer/early fall 2024 from the pressure and constant grift/travel/legal trouble/campaigning.  And given the simulation, his most loyal supporters take up arms thinking he has been made dead by the Deep State/Republican Establishment. 
And then that's when the real fun starts.  (note to self-Heroin seems like a sit-down drug)

Dude.

You and I both know he’s going to live to be 106, ranting to the mob with his last breath. Because this fucking timeline.
  • Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, safe sex said:

Anyone who pays for Twitter, much less has that many numerals after their username, is suspect. We're better than that.

You don't think Marty Taylor sat down to make a twitter account and started to use his name, but veered off into his favorite numbers and came up with "MartyTa94849826" and said That's good?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Anyone give any thought to if we’d be in any different a place right now had Hillary won?  Irrespective of the job she would have done in her 4 (or 8 ) years, trump would have done the rigged election thing in 2016, gotten his people all riled up. And there would be a woman potus on the heels of a black potus to further amplify the rage of the christofascists. 

Interesting hypo.  A lot of the damage Trump has done was more at the state and "conceptual" level than federal.  In other words, his actual governmental power as POTUS was mostly irrelevant to the lasting damage, except to the extent it gave him a pulpit, and maybe a place as a "winner."

But if he had done the same post-2020 bullshit as a loser in 2016, we might still be dealing with all the state and local level idiocy.  I'm not quite sure that he would have been as unhinged and as well-received among the morons if he hadn't won something first, though.

Any R president probably would have appointed very similar judges.  Maybe a one or even two fewer Catlicks, though, which might have avoided Cunty-Barrett and Kav.  I wonder a bit about some of the lower-court stooges he appointed, some of them are extra bad.  I think some more traditional R advisors might have kept some of the loonbags off the courts because they were afraid to reap the whirlwind of non-incremental change.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, G650 said:

Seriously this. I don't say this to gloat, but I told everyone who would listen exactly how it would be. My opinion of Trump has not changed since roughly 1988. It's blindingly obvious who and what he is.

I have had an extremely negative opinion of Trump at least that long, as well. 

However, I have a particular dislike for self-promoters, in some part because I am not one and seem mostly constitutionally incapable of doing it, to my detriment.

That said, I have known a lot of relentless self-promoters that were not actual morons when you turn off the bullshit machines, and in some cases, quite decent people, if a bit selfish.  I didn't look much beyond Trump's bullshit to determine whether there was an actual functioning human being behind that or not.

I'm not saying my decades-long visceral dislike of the piece of shit ever let up.  I did question, for a few moments, whether my dislike was completely rational.  Instead, I learned that there is nothing behind the relentless self-promotion except more relentless self-promotion and a lot of stupidity  Trump is turds all the way down.

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated