45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

Yesterday, MIL (who "doesn't watch Fox News" and "voted for Biden in 2020") calls up my wife just ranting about the world.  How everything sucks and no one raises their kids right and on and on.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the events of this thread.

• Haha 2

Dirty Dog Dershowitz tells Charlie Kirk he thinks Trump will be convicted but that it will be overturned upon appeal.

https://humanevents.com/2023/04/05/alan-dershowitz-tells-charlie-kirk-he-believes-trump-will-be-convicted-but-verdict-will-be-overturned-on-appeal

Charlie Kirk recently had lawyer Alan Dershowitz on The Charlie Kirk show and asked him if there was any chance the lawyer would join former President Trump’s legal team amid the charges that the former president falsified business records. Kirk kicked off the segment by suggesting that Dershowitz could get Trump’s case dismissed “very quickly,” but this was apparently not the lawyer’s opinion. Dershowitz started off by saying that he has a policy of “only representing somebody once and so I’m not a lawyer, but I would certainly be happy to participate in the court of public opinion.” 

Dershowitz went on to suggest that Trump’s case will likely not be dismissed, saying that “I don’t think that if you had the best lawyers in the history of the world, Abraham Lincoln and John Marshall, a New York City judge would dismiss this case because that New York City judge’s life would be over.” 

The lawyer said that the judge would be mocked if he or she were to dismiss Trump. Dershowitz continued by saying that he does think Trump will be convicted by “your jury who voted for Bragg.” However, he added that the case would “be reversed on appeal,” and it “will never be affirmed all the way up to the Supreme Court.”

The lawyer’s comments come after Trump has been charged with 34 counts of falsifying business records, which carries with it a maximum jail sentence of 136 years. However, that did not stop Trump from speaking at Mar-a-Lago after his arraignment, saying that the “fake case was brought only to interfere with the upcoming 2024 election.”

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Now Trump wants Republicans to defund the FBI?

He really doesn't understand who he's in trouble with, does he?

Indicted by Manhattan/New York County.  About to be indicted by the Dept. of Justice/U.S. Marshal Service, State of Georgia/whatever GA stateys are called, and possibly State of New York/Albany AG.  But yes Donald, the FBI who has absolutely no interest in you going forward and whom you'll likely never see again for the rest of your life is your #1 concern?  Sure dude 

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yesterday, MIL (who "doesn't watch Fox News" and "voted for Biden in 2020") calls up my wife just ranting about the world.  How everything sucks and no one raises their kids right and on and on.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the events of this thread.

"Nobody wants to work anymore"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I just realized that when the appraiser for my mortgage application came by yesterday, I was sitting on the couch in the middle of the day, watching Fox News.

Jesus, I think I was even wearing my Bourne Braves baseball cap, which is of course red.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Still and all, that's well within expected norms of "old man yelling at cloud" before Trump initiated the simulation.

2 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

Took a 2 year break due to health issues.  Been around since Austin 360.  What I need to learn is to read.  

I was going to say, I've only been around here ten or so years and still feel like I'm pretty much a newb.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

What's her Surly handle?

Listen to the insanity. From the Rolling Stone article: 

"The speakers included Focus on the Family founder James Dobson,Christian Nationalist worship leader Sean Feucht, former acting attorney general Matt Whitaker, and former congress member Michele Bachmann.

Feucht used his time to summon “prayer warriors” to “rise up” on Trump’s behalf. He then prayed directly to heaven: “We know that you got a plan God… You can take what the enemy meant for evil in this horrible, corrupt, disgusting, demonic situation with this case in New York [and] you can shift it — and turn it around for our good.”

These people literally believe that they speak to God and that people who don't hold the same political beliefs are "the enemy"   whose evil can only be explained by "demonic" forces.  You can't reason with somebody like this. There's no way to have a constructive dialogue with somebody who sees you this way, who thinks you're possessed by demons.  Of course, Sean Feucht doesn't actually believe this. He's grifting.  He's the MAGA preacher who has earned millions praising Trump and sticking it to the Libs and just bought houses in Southern California and Montana.  It's all about the grift. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/maga-preacher-sean-feucht-scored-millions-from-his-trump-loving-flock-1380126/

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Listen to the insanity. From the Rolling Stone article: 

"The speakers included Focus on the Family founder James Dobson,Christian Nationalist worship leader Sean Feucht, former acting attorney general Matt Whitaker, and former congress member Michele Bachmann.

Feucht used his time to summon “prayer warriors” to “rise up” on Trump’s behalf. He then prayed directly to heaven: “We know that you got a plan God… You can take what the enemy meant for evil in this horrible, corrupt, disgusting, demonic situation with this case in New York [and] you can shift it — and turn it around for our good.”

These people literally believe that they speak to God and that people who don't hold the same political beliefs are "the enemy"   whose evil can only be explained by "demonic" forces.  You can't reason with somebody like this. There's no way to have a constructive dialogue with somebody who sees you this way, who thinks you're possessed by demons.  Of course, Sean Feucht doesn't actually believe this. He's grifting.  He's the MAGA preacher who has earned millions praising Trump and sticking it to the Libs and just bought houses in Southern California and Montana.  It's all about the grift. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/maga-preacher-sean-feucht-scored-millions-from-his-trump-loving-flock-1380126/

So if God doesn't "shift it and turn it around" then either there is no god, or Trump is guilty and he's being punished. Which is it? 

• Hook 'Em 2

I know the running joke on political talk amongst family always surrounds Thanksgiving.  But we're having some family over for Easter on Sunday after church.  My cousin and her husband are both hardcore Trump; and she is beyond the pale-like Qanon, took a month off of work for clinical depression after the 2020 election kinda obsessed.  A day to celebrate our savior, and I gotta stay sober, but I got a real bad fucking feeling it's gonna be all about the figurative crucifying of Trump.  Her father, my 95-year old uncle is pro-Trump but he's also pro-soup and hates clouds.  Her oldest daughter is coming, she pretends to be pro-Trump in front of her parents but deep down, she doesn't give a shit about politics like most of her generation.  Then there's my other cousin who is bat-shit leftist insane.  And they fight constantly, especially after drinking.  Then there's my wonderful wife who leans conservative but shares my utter and total confusion with how good people got taken down a dark path by such a worthless, immoral cunt (much of both our families).  So yeah, should be good times.   

All that to say, I had Easter marked on my calendar.  Because it's important to my family.  And of course I've been following the Trump legal shit closely with you fuckers.  But it was today during Holy Week, that I stopped and read a bit and thought, fucking A---they're making this week of all weeks about his persecution and sacrifice for us.  Jesus, Lobo?  No, Trump.  Trump is what they're wailing about, he's the one suffering, he's the one whose Passion needs to be acknowledged so we can be redeemed as a country.  I've said it before for hyperbole, but this time I Mean it literally.  

Trump suffering for us the week of Easter?  Did not see that coming.  Lack of Imagination...that was my prize mistake.  As always.

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I know the running joke on political talk amongst family always surrounds Thanksgiving.  But we're having some family over for Easter on Sunday after church.  My cousin and her husband are both hardcore Trump; and she is beyond the pale-like Qanon, took a month off of work for clinical depression after the 2020 election kinda obsessed.  A day to celebrate our savior, and I gotta stay sober, but I got a real bad fucking feeling it's gonna be all about the figurative crucifying of Trump.  Her father, my 95-year old uncle is pro-Trump but he's also pro-soup and hates clouds.  Her oldest daughter is coming, she pretends to be pro-Trump in front of her parents but deep down, she doesn't give a shit about politics like most of her generation.  Then there's my other cousin who is bat-shit leftist insane.  And they fight constantly, especially after drinking.  Then there's my wonderful wife who leans conservative but shares my utter and total confusion with how good people got taken down a dark path by such a worthless, immoral cunt (much of both our families).  So yeah, should be good times.   

All that to say, I had Easter marked on my calendar.  Because it's important to my family.  And of course I've been following the Trump legal shit closely with you fuckers.  But it was today during Holy Week, that I stopped and read a bit and thought, fucking A---they're making this week of all weeks about his persecution and sacrifice for us.  Jesus, Lobo?  No, Trump.  Trump is what they're wailing about, he's the one suffering, he's the one whose Passion needs to be acknowledged so we can be redeemed as a country.  I've said it before for hyperbole, but this time I Mean it literally.  

Trump suffering for us the week of Easter?  Did not see that coming.  Lack of Imagination...that was my prize mistake.  As always.

Do what now?

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

51 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Of course, Sean Feucht doesn't actually believe this. He's grifting.  He's the MAGA preacher who has earned millions praising Trump and sticking it to the Libs and just bought houses in Southern California and Montana.  It's all about the grift. 

This whole thing makes me sick to my stomach, but the Sean Feucht thing is trippy for me. I’m one step removed from some of his relatives and have performed right before him on shows. At the time, he seemed like the stereotypical worship musician — a very limited musical knowledge, put on a good enough show, not openly rude but not all that welcoming or friendly (mostly stemming for insecurity for his lack of musicianship), and also REALLY into guns.

I never thought I’d see or hear about him again, yet every few months he bubbles up on MAGA circles. I have nothing to add; it’s just weird.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Carnival barker, grifter and erstwhile charlatan, Paula White has tutored Trump in the art of stealing from stupid people with evangelical  zeal.

5 hours ago, South Austin said:

I just go for the cheap laugh with a gif or movie quote, asshole.

New surly motto?

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oklahoma doesn't suck?  Does not compute. 

And replaced

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I am sure in your head that makes sense.

Everyone gets it.

Someone posted some of Melania’s nude pics in a political thread recently. It was either in one of the Trump threads or the LGBTQ thread. Maybe go track those down and share your sanctimony with them. 

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I just realized that when the appraiser for my mortgage application came by yesterday, I was sitting on the couch in the middle of the day, watching Fox News.

Jesus, I think I was even wearing my Bourne Braves baseball cap, which is of course red.

Mom?

Wait, nevermind, she doesn't gaf about baseball.

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

So if God doesn't "shift it and turn it around" then either there is no god, or Trump is guilty and he's being punished. Which is it? 

Wait for it...

You know it's coming...

Almost there...

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

In the future, when the AI becomes sentient and asks the value and relevance of human life, it'll look back at this time where, when presented with a new revolutionary technology.....humans used it to make pictures of former world leaders in jail looking like a geriatric Adonis. 

And I'm here for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated