Tucker Carlson FIRED

Eastwood

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You’re also aware that saying “a war the US should have done more to prevent” is also straight out of the Kremlin’s propaganda playbook, correct?

The suggestion of course is that the US is to blame for Russia deciding to invade Ukraine. 

Are you at least aware you are parroting Russian talking points?

We should have spent lots more money during the Obama administration to prevent an invasion of a corrupt country by an even more corrupt country, but we shouldn't pay a nickel to defend the invaded country, only to prevent its invasion.

Got it.

Note that the position is basically "don't do what Obama did and Biden is doing,"

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Note that the position is basically "don't do what Obama did and Biden is doing,"

Nevermind that the two have differed on some key points that, if Conservatives actually still held to the values that once defined them, would make them step up to support Biden.

All modern Republicans see now is the D.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

We should have spent lots more money during the Obama administration to prevent an invasion of a corrupt country by an even more corrupt country, but we shouldn't pay a nickel to defend the invaded country, only to prevent its invasion.

Got it.

They would shoot their own dicks off if they thought doing so would contribute to owning the libs.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Got it.

You forgot that we signed a treaty to defend Ukraine after they gave up their nuclear arsenal. We’re literally pledged to support them. Probably with more than just old weapons gathering dust. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

I never said it was ok for Russia to invade Ukraine. I think the exact opposite just to be clear.

Then why would you oppose helping Ukraine fight off the Russian invasion?  Would you rather send money to Ukraine or send American soldiers to fight Putin?  Because if you don't do the former, you're gonna have to do the latter when he attacks NATO.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 4/24/2023 at 2:58 PM, SquishMitten said:

Nah. A lot of people (most?) don't have OANN, newsmax, and whatnot. Him not being on Fox means far fewer people will see/hear his bullshit.

I got so drunk celebrating I wasn’t able to post.  Hell of a bender…

All the idiots will say they’re following his dumb ass.  Ratings will say otherwise.  Bye asshole.   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

The MAGA idiots think the people they follow are leading the fight against the crazy left.

Then they are shown fact after fact that all the MAGA leaders are doing is 1) lying to them in order to get elected and seize power, and 2) grifting as much money as they can from charities, donations, Russians, and MAGA idiots.

Instead of understanding it and becoming more informed, their broken brains just fall back to “both sides”, “mainstream media”, and other messages they’ve been subconsciously programmed to believe and spout by people conning them.  

Does the left lie and do most media outlets have some sort of bias? Of course.  But what’s happening now is like comparing stealing gum from 7-11 to murdering school children.  There is a level of dangerous dishonesty by the MAGAs that is surpassing anything we’ve seen in US history, with stealing elections and manipulating the ability to vote right at the top of the list.

The fact that MAGA morons can’t understand any of this is just a testament to either their missing human values or stupidity. Either way, people all around you MAGA morons are laughing at you and think you’re stupid. They just don’t say it to your face anymore in the interest of keeping the peace among friends and family.

"Humans are the only species who will follow unstable leaders."

- Cesar Millan

16 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Cool. Here's a wonderful article of a lot of Tucker Carlson direct quotes on Ukraine. Do you find them entertaining? Do they change they way you view Carlson?

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/oct/02/tucker-carlson-ukraine-vladimir-putin-propaganda

Do you think this is what direct war with Russia looks like for the United States?

Any thoughts on this, considering Denmark basically had evidence (photographs) of a Russian sub right by the explosion site of the Nordstream pipe the day it blew up?

That's a good one. Want to comment on that? 

Does that seem plausible to you? And now, I don't mean literally using Putin's talking points hours after Putin said them, I meant the park that we're backing Ukraine for 2016 payback?

Where did I say I agree with everything Tucker says? I said I found him entertaining but I didn't get my news from him. My opinion certainly doesn't come from him either but go ahead and do what you do. Get your fix in. 

Look, I don't get my news from him...it's just that it's a "news show" on a network that literally has the word "News" in its name, and I don't watch any other news channels or shows or read newspapers...but I get my news from other sources though I have no other sources other than his news program which is entertaining to me and the only program I cite when referencing news.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ah, the “listen I don’t agree with anything he says I’ve just spent days and dozens of posts defending him and several of his positions on a message board because I find him entertaining, not accurate. Even though I defend his positions” stance. 

Twisty words again. Not what I said but that seems to be the pattern here. 

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Twisty words again. Not what I said but that seems to be the pattern here. 

Actually, it’s your actions not your words, if you read the post. Of course it’s also your words. 

Now, would you like to clarify your position on Ukraine and giving them weapons considering we signed a treaty to defend them less than 40 years ago?

Edited by SydneyCarton

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Now, would you like to clarify your position on Ukraine and giving them weapons considering we signed a treaty to defend them less than 40 years ago?

No I would not, that isn't why I came into this thread to begin with. There is a thread for that where this topic has been talked about in great detail.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

That's it threaten that violence. Didn't see that coming(not).

I like how you responded to this post but you won't respond to the other one.  I'll post it again for you to give you a chance to actually answer something meaningful in here:

If you do not support the Russian invasion of Ukraine, why do you oppose helping Ukraine fight off the Russian invasion?  Would you rather send money and weapons to Ukraine or send American soldiers to fight Putin?  Because if you don't do the former, you're gonna have to do the latter when he attacks NATO.

• Hook 'Em 1

NSIAP, because I haven't followed this thread all that closely since Fox cut Tucker loose. WSJ had something up yesterday that outlines some of what got Tucker fired. They don't mention his pending abusive workplace lawsuit, but they mention some things that have come out in the dominion case and one of the big ones is an instance recently where he called a coworker the C word. It's one of those things that likely will come up in the pending case.

They also seem to hint that this is a move that's been in the works for a while now.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

What is your agenda? I commend you if you are able to answer honestly, even if I may disagree.

Good luck.  He won't even tell us why he's anti-Russia but also anti-Ukraine.  I suspect it's because he's pro-Putin but he doesn't want to say it.

27 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

NSIAP, because I haven't followed this thread all that closely since Fox cut Tucker loose. WSJ had something up yesterday that outlines some of what got Tucker fired. They don't mention his pending abusive workplace lawsuit, but they mention some things that have come out in the dominion case and one of the big ones is an instance recently where he called a coworker the C word. It's one of those things that likely will come up in the pending case.

They also seem to hint that this is a move that's been in the works for a while now.

Well, WSJ would know.  And Fox has gobs of experience canning people for sexual indiscretions.

36 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

So the guy that replaced Bill O'Reilly is going to get fired for the same things that Bill O'Reilly got fired for.  It's like poetry.

And yeah, WSJ is owned by Murdoch, so they are not running this without his permission or prodding.

Another Pod' I listened to a while back that stuck with me was Kara Swisher's old show Sway where she had a Fox News defector on (Feb 2022). He left because of Carlson's mockumentary "Patriot Purge." What made it really interesting was the breakdown of the inner workings of Fox News. What's fascinating is that Ailes seemed to have a lock down on shit like these guys spewing garbage until he was forced out. Him being forced out basically let the inmates run the place, even once Murdoch took full control. It seems to hit the mark today.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/27/2023 at 6:48 PM, Longhornlove said:

Is it un-American to question why we are sending so much tax payer money to one of the most corrupt countries in the world to fight a war that we should have done more to prevent in the first place? I don't think it is. Does that make me a Russian stooge, no. Our government has been lying to us forever, we should question it without being persecuted as not being a patriot.

It is unfortunate that White Supremacists have called him an ally and a friend and you call that proof. The proof would be where he reciprocated that friendship. He hasn't yet, he is still himself labeled a racist. I don't buy it, it is just twisting words into something that isn't.

Is Joe Biden a racist because he eulogized a former KKK organizer Robert Byrd calling him "friend, mentor and guide"? That certainly seems more racist than a group endearing themselves to Tucker.

Russia has used Tucker as propaganda, not the other way around IMHO. Obviously Tucker is a Russian agent right? Give me a break. That is complete BS.

Is Tucker a racist because he reported on the "Replacement Theory" created and propagated by the left? You talk about something we didn't want you to bring up so therefore you are a racist right?

This is some really stupid shit. Urge you to check in on the massive Ukraine thread if you’re curious about why it’s such stupid shit.

Also, “he’s not a White Leaguer, it’s just that the White League happens to really like his arguments” is some big brain shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is some really stupid shit. Urge you to check in on the massive Ukraine thread if you’re curious about why it’s such stupid shit.

Also, “he’s not a White Leaguer, it’s just that the White League happens to really like his arguments” is some big brain shit. 

12 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

In this case, the person who got shot was a total piece of shit who earned his money by pretending to be a parking lot attendant. He stole from people. I’m glad he’s dead. I’d convict the shooter for discharging a firearm in a city (or if we had tougher gun laws, I’d convict him for that). But never for murder or anything related to removing the world of this guy.  That guy’s life was not just cheap, it was negative value. 

Might want to sit this one out, bro. 

• Haha 1

On 4/28/2023 at 2:59 PM, Captain Ron said:

Another Pod' I listened to a while back that stuck with me was Kara Swisher's old show Sway where she had a Fox News defector on (Feb 2022). He left because of Carlson's mockumentary "Patriot Purge." What made it really interesting was the breakdown of the inner workings of Fox News. What's fascinating is that Ailes seemed to have a lock down on shit like these guys spewing garbage until he was forced out. Him being forced out basically let the inmates run the place, even once Murdoch took full control. It seems to hit the mark today.

Thanks for posting.  

I probably already listen to too many podcasts, but I've never seen that one.  I scrolled through a few of the recent episodes, and there are several guests whose interviews I'll listen to.

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Thanks for posting.  

I probably already listen to too many podcasts, but I've never seen that one.  I scrolled through a few of the recent episodes, and there are several guests whose interviews I'll listen to.

She stopped that pod when she left the times, she's now doing a solo show called ON. She also has a shared pod with Scott Galloway called PIVOT that gives a good dual view on things too. Galloway would fit right in on Surly.

23 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Apparently the new rumor the idiot conspiracy brigade is running with is that Blackrock had Tucker fired. It just gets dumber from there 

Honestly we should encourage that rumor and spread it around, it'd make it easier to spot the mentally ill/Qanon types who try to hide it.  I know it'd feed their mental illness, and I know they follow such conspiracy theories about how various groups control everything and you have no free will, because their lives are shit and they are desperately looking for reasons why their lives are shit and why things happen to them or the things they like, and rather than face the harsh truth of their mental illness or the stupid decisions they've made, it's easier to just gin up conspiracy theories.  But I like to spread it around.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I don’t know much about black rock. How did the meme about them running everything get started?

They've got $10 trillion in assets they manage.  They are buying up every other  home you see for sale, making it hard for people to buy homes.  That's what I've heard from the nutso family members (they do manage a shitload of assets, but not $10 trillion).

• Hook 'Em 1