2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

It will never happen, but one day I hope we get a full accounting of their money paid per win from that #1 all-time recruiting class. This is incredible. 

The list of other great all time classes pretty much all had at least one national title. Their high water mark may be a 7 win season. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

At some point can we name one of these portal threads:

1. “This s**t is real! Some of you m***er f***ers need to get in the transfer portal,”

Or 

2. “You want to go? Get in the m***er f***er! 

Seems like a fitting tribute to coach Davis’ legendary rant.  

• Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Tennessee desperately needs a pick me up. I’d assume a nice NIL offer is out there for Nolen.

Gotta respect the hustle if Nolen Sr gets paid twice before his son is draft eligible. 

Well, that’s literally what his told told anyone who was listening what was going to happen before his son signed the first time, so hes just executing on his plan. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Might be a wild day. 

Watching the Michigan vs tOSU game, I was shocked by how much this guy sucked.

His penchant for bouncing throws towards his intended receiver reminded me of a high school option QB, not a highly touted high 4 star to 5 star QB who beat out others of his ilk to be the next great tOSU QB.

I don’t even know if Elko would take him. If he had just been competent, tODU would have won that game and been the #1 seed in the college football playoffs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Watching the Michigan vs tOSU game, I was shocked by how much this guy sucked.

His penchant for bouncing throws towards his intended receiver reminded me of a high school option QB, not a highly touted high 4 star to 5 star QB who beat out others of his ilk to be the next great tOSU QB.

I don’t even know if Elko would take him. If he had just been competent, tODU would have won that game and been the #1 seed in the college football playoffs.

i mean...i don't think the QB was the issue in that game for Ohio State.

image.png.d1d0fcdb46da7f65931ba8c70bb07ee5.png

he's absolutely fine. on paper they should have won the game with that + winning the hell out of the middle 8 + the 3rd down and RZ success rates for Michigan.

but, their RBs were terrible, they had bad turnover luck, Michigan went 4-4 on 4th (3-12 otherwise vs Ohio State going 4-9 on 3rd), the defense got basically no push, the defense got basically no HAVOC, had a bad stop rate, etc.

he will end up somewhere, do pretty well and we are not far from the "better fire Ryan Day, he ran Kyle McCord out of town" takes from that insane fanbase.

bad luck + poor defense + coaching not to lose (playing for FG, gutless on punting) was why they lost that game. not Kyle McCord single-handedly, like a ton of Ohio State fans seem to think

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.