2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What more context do you fucking need when the post I quoted was you talking about Zavion Thomas and I directly quoted Bobby's comment on stream to Gerry about him?

I don't expect you to get it. The rest of us are trying to sift through all of the "news" associated to the portal and where Texas is fitting in that arena and anything we can find that separates the signal from the noise is useful. That's it.

When you post something without context while quoting a different data point altogether, it's bandwidth drain that confuses the rest of us on the board. Burton mentioning a recruitment to watch tells us that Texas is interested. Great, we knew that from prior posts. Gerry telling us that a competitor in the recruitment told him that Texas and Thomas are talking tells us something different. It corroborates the UT interest, but also indicates that both sides are serious and, if you know how to read these guys after all these years, it sounds like the other side is irritated. 

In all likelihood, that's Muschamp whining about Texas getting in on Thomas. If you think your post is productive with that background, cool.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't expect you to get it. The rest of us are trying to sift through all of the "news" associated to the portal and where Texas is fitting in that arena and anything we can find that separates the signal from the noise is useful. That's it.

When you post something without context while quoting a different data point altogether, it's bandwidth drain that confuses the rest of us on the board. Burton mentioning a recruitment to watch tells us that Texas is interested. Great, we knew that from prior posts. Gerry telling us that a competitor in the recruitment told him that Texas and Thomas are talking tells us something different. It corroborates the UT interest, but also indicates that both sides are serious and, if you know how to read these guys after all these years, it sounds like the other side is irritated. 

In all likelihood, that's Muschamp whining about Texas getting in on Thomas. If you think your post is productive with that background, cool.

So why exactly are you bitching at me? Just because you're bored right now, is that it little guy? 

The context was implied by the post of yours I quoted. Nothing more, nothing less. The past few pages or more of this thread has been informative and loaded with news and information. Yet here you are trying to derail the thread with verbal diarrhea because you're in a grumpy mood this morning. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When the best thing you can say about a guy who's been on campus for 3 years and done is "he was a 5 star in high school back in the day", I doubt that guy is a take for Texas. Hope not, at least.

Also known as TCU's 2022-23 portal strategy.

Just now, texifornia said:

I am shocked 

I, for one, will respect his decision.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Princely's stats looked pretty good for this year.  7 sacks.  Wonder where he ends up.

Second team All SEC. If he were an IDL I imagine Texas would be all over it, as it stands I don’t know if they’d prioritize him between guys on campus, Trey Moore, and Simmons coming in.

I could see him getting a payday from aggy

3 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Two days ago I said that this was moving too fast for me to keep up.  It seems even faster now.  Why does it seem so much more active than last year?  People getting more comfortable with the process?  Just my perception?  Some cyclical thing?

15 pages (and counting) since the portal opened on Monday...

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'd completely forgotten that Muschamp joined the Georgia staff after Lanning left

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Teryor said:

So long Bison Tits, good luck to Klein completely rebuilding the line in the portal

What do you mean complete rebuild? They have "Former #1 overall recruit in the state of Texas" OL TJ Shanahan on the roster. There's no way Rivals could be THAT wrong about an OL recruit?

• Haha 7

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.