2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Story I heard is at the end of the Wyoming game they told Neyor to go in the game for the last series and he refused. That put him deep in the doghouse. 

He obviously wasn't playing much (at all) before that and probably wasn't going to see much time anyway the rest of the way, but it was a bad data point.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Hey guys, welcome to your visit to Eugene!   We will first tour the locker rooms where you will find you standard issue Nike travel pillow and Subarctic parka.  You will need these for all away games in Big 10 country!   Nearly every other weekend for your fall semester, we will be leaving on Wed, flying 3 time zones away for 5-6 hours and land in some godforsaken frozen tundra (assuming we are not diverted several hours away).  There you will play the most boring, no excitement allowed  football ever in places like Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin in temperatures ranging from negative 30 to negative 10.   For home games, all out games will be night games since sunset will be at noon, and your parents will be able to stream them assuming they stay up pass midnight!  Go Ducks!

Meh. I think the whole cold weather thing is overrated. I wouldn't exactly call Austin's weather desirable for much of the year.

If we're just talking weather, I'd take the four seasons of the PNW over heat, heat, and more heat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Meh. I think the whole cold weather thing is overrated. I wouldn't exactly call Austin's weather desirable for much of the year.

If we're just talking weather, I'd take the four seasons of the PNW over heat, heat, and more heat. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/suicide-rate-up-in-all-regions-of-washington-but-why-no-one-is-exactly-sure-expert-says/

2 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

image.gif.398679018dd422b979d74fb288f98b93.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Sure, except that college football is played in the fall/early winter.   Once they make college football a late spring/summer sport then sure PNW with B10 travel to the midwest will be much more desirable. 

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Vitamin D deficiency is a son of a bitch. 

13 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If we add Trey Moore, is it possible edge is the strongest position group on the team in 2024? Man, that room would look night and day different compared to a year ago.

QB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

What's the story with Neyor?  

I was excited when we got him out of the portal, then he just disappeared.  Was his knee injury worse than initially thought?

He played in the spring game and had a TD, not sure it was all injury vs attitude.  

18 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If we add Trey Moore, is it possible edge is the strongest position group on the team in 2024? Man, that room would look night and day different compared to a year ago.

Do you think we'll lose somebody?  Sorrell/Burke/Finkley/Moore/Tapp/Simmons is a crowded room.  Plus Vasek and Walton.  Zina will RS.

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Do you think we'll lose somebody?  Sorrell/Burke/Finkley/Moore/Tapp/Simmons is a crowded room.  Plus Vasek and Walton.  Zina will RS.

I guess it's possible but a lot of those guys have different skillsets we can utilize strategically. Moore also probably isn't someone we stick on the field for 40 snaps a game in the SEC at 235 pounds playing on the edge.

We would be able to put together some nasty pass rushing packages as @Fud pointed out the other day.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Story I heard is at the end of the Wyoming game they told Neyor to go in the game for the last series and he refused. That put him deep in the doghouse. 

He obviously wasn't playing much (at all) before that and probably wasn't going to see much time anyway the rest of the way, but it was a bad data point.

Could it be he didn't want to go against his old team?  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I'm fine with that but hope they aren't sitting back and slow-playing Moore (and Mukuba)

Nobody is slow playing Moore. He's one of the best pass rushers in the country at a premium position. It's why he's the first transfer that looks like he's going to take a visit. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

50 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

This answers a question some of us had earlier. The portal window does in fact extend for playoff teams. Problem is, there are only so many spots available, so the smart move for transfers from playoff teams is to still enter the portal right away.

Great info.  

When are the cutoff dates that players in the portal can sign with a new school ???

(Maybe the last day to sign up for classes at the new school ? )

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not to go full Eyore, but adding Moore along with 2-3 from high school makes me wonder about what the Tapp/Finkley/Walton guys do. That's a lot of dudes in that room now. Which is amazing, considering that the room consisted of Jett Bush when Sark and co. got here. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Great info.  

When are the cutoff dates that players in the portal can sign with a new school ???

(Maybe the last day to sign up for classes at the new school ? )

As far as I know, there isn’t one, schools just have to make it work academically. Which would mean as long as they can register for classes. 

But a lot of this stuff is unclear, there could be some rule I don't know about.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

What's the story with Neyor?  

I was excited when we got him out of the portal, then he just disappeared.  Was his knee injury worse than initially thought?

It’s been damn near 1.5 years since his injury.  From listening to the IT guys, it seems like there may be mental hurdles on his part and probably physical ones as well.  He’s not the same player right now I imagine.  We’re in a position where we can get WRs that can perform on the field right now and not have to play someone that’s basically trying to work their way back like Troy Omeire.  He wants snaps but it’s probably not going to happen at a place like Texas for him right now when we can cherry pick guys in the portal that are healthy.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Not to go full Eyore, but adding Moore along with 2-3 from high school makes me wonder about what the Tapp/Finkley/Walton guys do. That's a lot of dudes in that room now. Which is amazing, considering that the room consisted of Jett Bush when Sark and co. got here. 

We’d be adding one old and one young smaller speed guy. The other youngins can fight it out.

4 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

We’d be adding one old and one young smaller speed guy. The other youngins can fight it out.

We're adding more than that, and not losing anyone (yet). 

I also wonder if the Burke to Jack thing happens now with the addition of Moore and Simmons. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.