2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Nahlin 

Like so many of his talented teammates before him, Texas A&M receiver Evan Stewart has entered the portal. Of course this has the Texas internet abuzz. Correspondingly, our phones have been abuzz.

The other day I mentioned in the Transfer Portal thread that Texas wouldn't pursue him if he entered the portal. I said similar in the Moderator Only thread in the minutes after Stewart was announced in the portal. As I continued investigating I learned players in the locker room, including Johntay Cook, would have no issue with Stewart being pursued or joining the team. That made me pause for a moment and consider that if they're doing that homework then the staff may have legitimate interest. However, my latest intel is on par with my initial intel. I don't think Texas will pursue.

That doesn't mean things can't change, but as of now, I just don't see Stewart in burnt orange when it's all said and done.

In addition, Justin has heard Stewart could end up remaining in College Station. That's now called the Bisontis, after freshman O-lineman Chase Bisontis withdrew his name from the portal earlier tonight.

I believe Texas will take another wide receiver via portal and/or potentially the high school ranks if the right player becomes available or reciprocates.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin 

Like so many of his talented teammates before him, Texas A&M receiver Evan Stewart has entered the portal. Of course this has the Texas internet abuzz. Correspondingly, our phones have been abuzz.

The other day I mentioned in the Transfer Portal thread that Texas wouldn't pursue him if he entered the portal. I said similar in the Moderator Only thread in the minutes after Stewart was announced in the portal. As I continued investigating I learned players in the locker room, including Johntay Cook, would have no issue with Stewart being pursued or joining the team. That made me pause for a moment and consider that if they're doing that homework then the staff may have legitimate interest. However, my latest intel is on par with my initial intel. I don't think Texas will pursue.

That doesn't mean things can't change, but as of now, I just don't see Stewart in burnt orange when it's all said and done.

In addition, Justin has heard Stewart could end up remaining in College Station. That's now called the Bisontis, after freshman O-lineman Chase Bisontis withdrew his name from the portal earlier tonight.

I believe Texas will take another wide receiver via portal and/or potentially the high school ranks if the right player becomes available or reciprocates.

we're not interested....we're interested.....we're not interested. things can change! 

Thanks, Eric.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Nahlin 

People pay for this shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Plan 2024:  Top 12 Update - 4 left ... 

image.thumb.png.f06df465bba07bb2b4021441e2f4a1c4.png

Enai White has hardly seen the field and kinda' surprised he hasn't portaled out to follow Robinson.  Has Dindy even seen the field?  Stewart is a rotational guy, but far from 5* production after two seasons.  Weigman?  Who knows, if he had any sense he'd hit the road.

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin 

Quoting this as a placeholder for Thamels tweet that Stewart is transferring to Texas. 

• Haha 2

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Per Bobby Texas will have preliminary conversations with Stewart and his camp to get a feel for the recruitment similar to how they did with Walter Nolen. 

Trey Moore is still going over the decision.

Bobby Texas sounds like a lounge singer in a King of the Hill episode.

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

As today develops, I wonder if there is a 5 star QB sitting on a team with a porous offensive line and no receivers to throw to that Riley would be desperate enough to tamper for?

Screenshot_20231219-190258_copy_171x201.png.610539ced51fef9a00fdcf9d6a1cde5a.png

I’m fresh out of narcan but maybe my watch would call 911 after I ODed and collapsed if this happened. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

I got pretty low standards for these guys, but it is pretty shitty that Stewart just sat out 4 of the last 5 games or whatever it was because he felt like it. Didn't even enter the portal at that point just chose to not participate.

You can’t enter the portal at any point. There’s a window. 

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Can they be structured in such a manner? I know fuck-all about it

What's being spoken about is probably against state law and NCAA rules, but it's a private contract, and a teenager is probably scared shitless about being sued or not getting their money, so it's unlikely they'd break the contract. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

You can’t enter the portal at any point. There’s a window. 

There's a 30 day window if the coach is fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

What's being spoken about is probably against state law and NCAA rules, but it's a private contract, and a teenager is probably scared shitless about being sued or not getting their money, so it's unlikely they'd break the contract. 

There's a 30 day window if the coach is fired. 

You’re right I forgot about that. I suppose he can plausibly have said he wished to see the new hire and see if they gelled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Nahlin 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just saw the news that Shawn Bell has left baylor to become QB coach for Fritz at UH.

Wonder if Austin Novosad (Oregon) might now be an option to transfer to UH since Shawn was his lead recruiter at baylor???

https://247sports.com/Article/austin-novosad-dante-moore-oregon-ducks-football-223511716/

Isn't Novosad pretty close with Oregon OC Will Stein?

• Hook 'Em 1

IDGAF if he wants $500k+ or if he’s a locker room cancer (which he wouldn’t be on a team as united as ours). I want him catching a TD for us in the aggy game next year. The streets of BCS will flood with aggy tears. It’d be worth 10x what he’s asking for in NIL. 

and then we can cut him from the team

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

IDGAF if he wants $500k+ or if he’s a locker room cancer (which he wouldn’t be on a team as united as ours). I want him catching a TD for us in the aggy game next year. The streets of BCS will flood with aggy tears. It’d be worth 10x what he’s asking for in NIL. 

and then we can cut him from the team

If he isn't a locker room fit, you don't bring him in......period. Your roster is well managed at this point, the risk outweighs the reward IMHO.

• Hook 'Em 9

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.