2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

22 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Just saw the news that Shawn Bell has left baylor to become QB coach for Fritz at UH.

Wonder if Austin Novosad (Oregon) might now be an option to transfer to UH since Shawn was his lead recruiter at baylor???

https://247sports.com/Article/austin-novosad-dante-moore-oregon-ducks-football-223511716/

Smart decision to get away from dead program walking.

45 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He views practice as optional.  I don't think its worth it even for the laughs.

I can't disagree. I also can't understand 20 year old stupidity. The NFL don't play like that. He is a top draft based on physical attributes. He can be top ten only if he is a feature WR next year in a great passing offense and cleans up his reputation.

But tigers don't change their stripes. I lean towards fuck that guy. Sometimes the Aggy stain doesn't wear off.

14 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Isn't Novosad pretty close with Oregon OC Will Stein?

Not sure their as close after Monday... 😋 

"Monday evening brought the news that UCLA quarterback Dante Moore would join Dillon Gabriel, Oklahoma's former quarterback, in transferring to play for the Ducks in 2024. These additions could make earning playing time difficult for the soon-to-be redshirt freshman (Novosad)." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

IDGAF if he wants $500k+ or if he’s a locker room cancer (which he wouldn’t be on a team as united as ours). I want him catching a TD for us in the aggy game next year. The streets of BCS will flood with aggy tears. It’d be worth 10x what he’s asking for in NIL. 

and then we can cut him from the team

Do we have any rich nerd alumni that could drop $1M on Stewart to drag his nuts all over aggy on the quidditch pitch? 

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

No it's not man. 

All 3 of the QBs mentioned above are going to be starting in the NFL lol. Those are not "system" QBs. Sure the system helps but that's not all there is to it. 

Kylers days of being a starter are about to be baker mayfielded. Jalen Hurts developed in the NFL

6 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

The NFL disagrees. He’s about to have 3 1st overall picks coming from his system. Timmy Chang didn’t light the world on fire. 

2 of those are busts and the 3rd probably will be

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, chad.ihrig said:

Like, I know he’s a former 5 star, but has he really produced enough to throw big $s at him?

No, he's damaged his stock greatly. Another season like this last one or close to it and he won't even be sniffing the draft. 

Sark and Jackson's sale should be you need development and to produce on the field if you want to go pro in a year. We offer that opportunity but it will take total devotion to the team and putting in the work. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s an immature shithead at an absolute minimum. Probably a bad guy. And clearly doesn’t love football the way Sark likes guys to. 

I don't necessarily disagree, but suppose you'd made the tragic. youthful mistake of taking a bag to star in Jimbo Baggins Hobbit offense and its promises of greatness, only to find yourself becoming a fleet-footed Gollum riding a 12-12 wave in fucking College Fucking Station of all places, you'd probably love football a lot less, too.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Tired Horn said:

I don't necessarily disagree, but suppose you'd made the tragic. youthful mistake of taking a bag to star in Jimbo Baggins Hobbit offense and its promises of greatness, only to find yourself becoming a fleet-footed Gollum riding a 12-12 wave in fucking College Fucking Station of all places, you'd probably love football a lot less, too.

It's not the fact that he took a bag to play for Jimbo.  Everyone here would have still gladly taken his transfer last year.  It's the fact that having seen his mistake he told Texas coaches a year later that he was going to transfer here just to end up taking another bag, staying there, and then quitting on the team.

That said, if the coaches still think he can be a team player and not a disruption then I'm on board.  However, if they opt to pass on him I can understand and would defer to their judgement.

Edited by nunna yo bizness
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

It's not the fact that he took a bag to play for Jimbo.  Everyone here would have still gladly taken his transfer last year.  It's the fact that having seen his mistake he told Texas coaches a year later that he was going to transfer here just to end up taking another bag, staying there, and then quitting on the team.

That said, if the coaches still think he can be a team player and not a disruption then I'm on board.  However, if they opt to pass on him I can understand and would defer to their judgement.

That is my issue with him too.  He clearly yanked around the coaching staff by flirting heavily, stuck with aggy, asked for more money and then got more money but quit anyhow. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, WBT said:

Why do they make no effort to rerank portal guys based on college production?

they literally re-rank players for the portal.

for example, Stewart went from a .9940 composite player / 99 on 247 to at .9800 in the portal.

Nolan went from a .9997 composite player / 100 on 247 to a .9900 player

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Uh, they do?

16 minutes ago, NoName said:

they literally re-rank players for the portal.

for example, Stewart went from a .9940 composite player / 99 on 247 to at .9800 in the portal.

Nolan went from a .9997 composite player / 100 on 247 to a .9900 player

OK, thanks for the education.  With them both being ranked so high, I assumed it was carry over from their high school days.  There's still potential there of course, but I didn't see much from their time at aggy that would keep them so high. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

The guy had 38 catches for 514 yards and 4 TDs in 2023, while flat out quitting in the final games.  Seems like the portal re-rankings are still heavily influenced by high-school rankings, at least in that case.

• Hook 'Em 3

He really fucked up refusing to play the last few games.  All he had to do was to make it through a few more weeks and he would have had more options and even better offers.  He seems to be much better at making shitty decisions than playing football.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, South Austin said:

The guy had 38 catches for 514 yards and 4 TDs in 2023, while flat out quitting in the final games.  Seems like the portal re-rankings are still heavily influenced by high-school rankings, at least in that case.

Given their QB/OL situation that’s actually pretty good.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

The University of Texas didn’t deserve to have their head football coach be the personality type to do it.

Every once in a while I think “how did Texas, LSU, all the consultants, and basically everyone in CFB but Urban Meyer miss that Tom Herman was just not a likeable person?”

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

It's a phenomenon that exists, yet I don't really understand why, but the guy/girl that acts smarter than anyone else in every room they're in can climb ladders for awhile if they're around the right people. I've seen it in business and it happens all of the time in sports, media, and celebrity. Arthur Smith is currently the HC of the Atlanta Falcons. I can't really understand how he's in that spot other than he's a smug verbal bully that talks like he has a clue. I feel like people must have been walking away from conversations with that guy for most of his life saying "well, I don't really agree with much of what that fat asshole said, but he sounded confident and he is Fred Smith's son, so maybe he knows his shit?" Herman is a master at the same game without the billionaire father.

Arthur Smith apparently got his start in the NFL because his dad was an executive with FedEx and had a relationship with former Redskins owner Daniel Snyder.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.