2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

Would be awesome to get Stewart. Have to think he was torn when he was committing, definitely seemed into us. I see so much about culture fit but I think getting a kid out of a trashy situation will help and I’m sure he’s friends with lots of players on the team. Would be salty to have golden, cook, Wingo, Stewart out there and maybe some Livingstone for diversity purposes. 

6 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Would be awesome to get Stewart. Have to think he was torn when he was committing, definitely seemed into us. I see so much about culture fit but I think getting a kid out of a trashy situation will help and I’m sure he’s friends with lots of players on the team. Would be salty to have golden, cook, Wingo, Stewart out there and maybe some Livingstone for diversity purposes. 

"Diversity doesn't look like anyone, it looks like everyone." 

- Katfid

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

He choose the immediate bag over NFL payoff. X told him in a tweet he was choosing to catch very few balls a year over being a star receiver. The people that guided him toward that decision are probably still part of his inner circle. He is a risky take based on decision making but talent wise he can play.

27 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Early vote for shittiest take of the day award. 

1 hour ago, texashorne said:

The core or the nickname shit is to save time but in reality I just spent a good 60 seconds trying to figure out what the fuck e stew was. Just type the name out you asswipes

I hate people think adding the “E” sound to the end of someone’s last name makes it a nickname:

Sully

Jonesy

O'Malley

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are guys on the team and coming to the team who are not interested in dealing with Stewart’s shit, including his demands to be promised a starting spot. I don’t see him being a fit and he’s a terrible culture guy. Get a fucking grip. 

His dad is definitely still a part of his inner circle jerk. I hope he goes and gets to be TikTok awesome at USC or Tennessee. It would be on brand for both sides. 

1. Let’s say Evan was willing to come to Texas for 1/4 or 1/3 third of what Aggie paid him making money a none issue, would people still be against him coming to Texas?

2. Evan’s circle is the biggest issue. The perceived leading voice is all about getting money, while the trainers are saying forget the money, pick a good offense, be a good teammates and solely focus on draft stock. Leading voice says why can’t we get paid our worth AND go somewhere to improve stock.

3. At the end of the day I just can’t see it happening at Texas but Texas and Alabama are the two places that Evan himself would like to go. 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

2. Evan’s circle is the biggest issue. The perceived leading voice is all about getting money, while the trainers are saying forget the money, pick a good offense, be a good teammates and solely focus on draft stock. Leading voice says why can’t we get paid our worth AND go somewhere to improve stock.

the circle has been an issue for like 4 years. i think it's pretty clear that he isn't making changes to his circle at this point

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are guys on the team and coming to the team who are not interested in dealing with Stewart’s shit, including his demands to be promised a starting spot. I don’t see him being a fit and he’s a terrible culture guy. Get a fucking grip. 

His dad is definitely still a part of his inner circle jerk. I hope he goes and gets to be TikTok awesome at USC or Tennessee. It would be on brand for both sides. 

Would you take him if he was promised nothing- told he had to work for whatever he got and given an NIL package that reflected an average starter at the University of Texas?  
I think I’d happily take him under those conditions because it would demonstrate the light in starting to come on and there would be something I could work with- and if not I could cut bait without too much of a problem. 
nothing about that guys act leads me to believe the light is turning on for him in such a way, so this is a hypothetical question. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Would you take him if he was promised nothing- told he had to work for whatever he got and given an NIL package that reflected an average starter at the University of Texas?  
I think I’d happily take him under those conditions because it would demonstrate the light in starting to come on and there would be something I could work with- and if not I could cut bait without too much of a problem. 
nothing about that guys act leads me to believe the light is turning on for him in such a way, so this is a hypothetical question. 

Then in that case I want a third WR from the portal.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

1. Let’s say Evan was willing to come to Texas for 1/4 or 1/3 third of what Aggie paid him making money a none issue, would people still be against him coming to Texas?

This people would.  He's a culture sink and a quitter.  Also, when was the last time he displayed an ounce of physicality on a football field?  Worthy and Whittington laugh at his half-ass attempts.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NoName said:

the circle has been an issue for like 4 years. i think it's pretty clear that he isn't making changes to his circle at this point

I agree. There was some hope that he would make this decision on his own since dad has been pulling the strings on all the previous decisions and Evan ain’t been all that happy with said decisions. But it’s hard to get people out your decisions when they have been getting paid for years. They ain’t just walking away from money. 

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don't want to speak for C Jump, but M Cum thinks that a leopard doesn't change his spots. It would be one thing if there wasn't comparable talent in the portal, but there is and there will be.  E Stew isn't significantly better than other options that don't have the baggage and potential to poison an otherwise successful culture.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If your aunt had balls would she be your uncle?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What’s the point of going through that exercise? That’s fantasy land. WOULD YOU TAKE BILL PARCELLS AS YOUR DC AND BILL WASH AS YOUR OC???  Yes in make believe land, where Stewart was not run by a bunch of money grubbing handlers and he was focused on winning and maximizing his craft he would be a take. And in that fantasy land he would already also be a fucking Longhorn. So let’s focus on something more realistic like me inventing a Time Machine so I can go back to 1994 and have a threesome with Elizabeth Shue and Cindy Crawford. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don't want to speak for C Jump, but M Cum thinks that a leopard doesn't change his spots. It would be one thing if there wasn't comparable talent in the portal, but there is and there will be.  E Stew isn't significantly better than other options that don't have the baggage and potential to poison an otherwise successful culture.

I actually think his ceiling is top WR in all of college football next year but his odds of maximizing are really low. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

What’s the point of going through that exercise? That’s fantasy land. WOULD YOU TAKE BILL PARCELLS AS YOUR DC AND BILL WASH AS YOUR OC???  Yes in make believe land, where Stewart was not run by a bunch of money grubbing handlers and he was focused on winning and maximizing his craft he would be a take. And in that fantasy land he would already also be a fucking Longhorn. So let’s focus on something more realistic like me inventing a Time Machine so I can go back to 1994 and have a threesome with Elizabeth Shue and Cindy Crawford. 

The question is basically do you bother to make the offer/have the conversation if you are sark. 

59 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Yes. He was talking shit about all his social media influence before he committed anywhere. That's what he considered important. "Look at me!"

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Probably. I can’t help thinking that if we don’t get another reliable vet we are going to have problems. Would need a floor setter for sure. 

Can we ever let the players we recruit play the games?  We get so excited about the recruits when they commit and sign, but then we have this ever burning desire to get transfers to play ahead of them.  How about we let Cook, Moore, Niblett, Wingo, et al get some experience.  

• Hook 'Em 8

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

The question is basically do you bother to make the offer/have the conversation if you are sark. 

No. If you bring someone in you treat them like everyone else. The only conversation to have is the same conversation you'd have with any other player about the rules and expectations of the program. Either your locker room is strong enough to deal with his potential waves or it isn't and it's on you, the coach, to know that and make the right call.

If Sark thinks it's not worth it to bring him in like anyone else, then don't even make the offer.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

No. If you bring someone in you treat them like everyone else. The only conversation to have is the same conversation you'd have with any other player about the rules and expectations of the program. Either your locker room is strong enough to deal with his potential waves or it isn't and it's on you, the coach, to know that and make the right call.

If Sark thinks it's not worth it to bring him in like anyone else, then don't even make the offer.

Username checks out.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Plorant said:

Can we ever let the players we recruit play the games?  We get so excited about the recruits when they commit and sign, but then we have this ever burning desire to get transfers to play ahead of them.  How about we let Cook, Moore, Niblett, Wingo, et al get some experience.  

Cook will start next season. Wingo may as well. If you want to know why we'd bring in Golden and play him over Moore and Niblett then I don't know what to tell you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Plorant said:

First of all, I want the players that give us the best chance of winning. So, if there are players in the portal like AD Mitchell who are going to produce better than Niblett or Moore, I want them. Second, many players, like Niblett, may benefit from an extra year of practice and S&C and don't need significant playing time as true SOs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't really care about Evan, but if we only want to recruit elite receivers who aren't putzes, it is going to be a very short list.

Then it’s a short list. We are 12-1 playing in the fucking playoffs and recruiting like Mack in his prime. Our lists should be short. At every position. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.