2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby stepped away from the OTF stream for a few minutes and came back saying, "there is some things going on in the portal that could be interesting, put it that way." He couldn't divulge the information. 

Are you sure that he didn't say that there are some things going on in the portal?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

28 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Just watched that part. Doesn't look like good news, but we'll see. 

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

We are playing in the CFP. We've recruited very well and are addressing needs via the portal. Quinn is coming back playing behind a solid to great oline. If someone wants to portal then "bye!" Sark will just refill his position with someone next in line or via the portal.

I don't think it was pertaining to a Texas player. Bobby tends to have a pretty good poker face though about news. See signing day and him knowing about TyAnthony sending in his NLI while still hyping the decision. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby stepped away from the OTF stream for a few minutes and came back saying, "there is some things going on in the portal that could be interesting, put it that way." He couldn't divulge the information. 

Maybe after the aggy bowl loss and evaluating his 2024 prospects, Elko is portaling  to Sysco.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Trey Moore is an edge....this guy is a linebacker

True, but he is 6'3" 235lbs. So he will be used more like how Bush was used. That's Moore standing up on the outside off the line - no reads - just seeking the QB. So, we have someone in that role and then Hill, Lefau, Gbenda, Blackwell, Burrell, Roberson?, McDonald?, Gullette, and Sarkisian. I don't know if any of those guys can replace Ford, but at some point, you have to throw them into the fire.

image.png.edf9591e7e6944cd1ee4c238fab26818.png

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Barion Brown is electic.  Would love to nab him if he entered the portal.

@RGBIII you posted a couple of weeks ago that a WR was in that we thought was happening last year.  At the time, I infered that to be Brown.  Golden committed a few days later but that isn't who you were talking about was it?  You don't have to say who it was, I just don't remember hearing much about Golden this time last year.

10 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Declaring for the draft? Am I reading this right, he had 4 carries for 12 yards this year? 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4692666/earnest-crownover

Is there a draft for water boys or the after game clean up crew? 

Pretty sure he’s a classic fullback. But it’s not like those really exist anywhere anymore outside of Jimbo’s offenses 

3 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

Pretty sure he’s a classic fullback. But it’s not like those really exist anywhere anymore outside of Jimbo’s offenses 

SF uses one some and I think that their presence is increasing around the NFL.

He won’t get drafted, but I would think that he will sign with a team and at least get a year on a practice squad if not several with irregular call-ups.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.