2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

27 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

IThis could come down to his draft grade. If it wasn't what he was looking for, coupled with Sark making a compelling pitch, I can see this having a chance. 

Wonder if the final 2 games had an impact. Barron wasn't particularly good in the final 2 games of the year. This would be great news though. 

Barron returning would be fantastic. He can stick at Star and Mukuba take over Thompson’s spot at Safety. He’s great at playing the run and blowing up screens. Having Barron back for another year would basically fix the possibility of Watts leaving.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Barron returning would be fantastic. He can stick at Star and Mukuba take over Thompson’s spot at Safety. He’s great at playing the run and blowing up screens. Having Barron back for another year would basically fix the possibility of Watts leaving.

Not only fix but the entire Watts thing is a lot of wish-casting to begin with. Watts would have to learn a completely new position. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is true, but Watts was cross trained at safety during an offseason while at Ohio state. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Not only fix but the entire Watts thing is a lot of wish-casting to begin with. Watts would have to learn a completely new position. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

How in the actual fuck is anyone surprised by this? Only OB dipshits swallowing Koolaid would have thought he is returning. 

I don’t get it either. He’s been consistently ranked as the #2 TE all season behind only Brock Bowers and people expect him to stay? I get being hopeful, but there’s a thin line between that and delusion.

Fat fucks response when called out on Sanders news:

Came from multiple layers. Apparently, Sark really moved him when they met and hope had been built that it had reached agent/industry people. I checked with someone I trust and they were suddenly hopeful after being very pessimistic about it for months.

Appears the emotion wore off when the financials didn't add up.

We were wrong. It happens from time to time. You suck it up and do better next time.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

I don’t get it either. He’s been consistently ranked as the #2 TE all season behind only Brock Bowers and people expect him to stay? I get being hopeful, but there’s a thin line between that and delusion.

If Sanders had returned being the #2 TE on people’s draft board I would have questioned his sanity. 

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It’s like OB is trying to drive up subscription cancellations so they can get a head start in their 2024 tax losses.

No way, that’s their model-copy Texaags.  

Presumably finding the fans willing to shell out $10 a month AND wanting to experience life as a rollercoaster is a more durable subscription model than touting accurate, well-sourced reporting.  

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

If Sanders had returned being the #2 TE on people’s draft board I would have questioned his sanity. 

He honestly contemplated returning per a family member. I think he made the correct decision for himself and family IMO.

• Hook 'Em 6

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.