2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

My personal theory is that it's some random 80-year-old dude that shuts down his Compaq after every post to save electricity. He's going to call the Geek Squad tomorrow to ask why his Surlyhorns screen stopped working.

Account was probably set up by his grandson. "Here you go Grandpa. I know it's been tough for you, in that wheelchair. Enjoy talking Texas football on the internet." 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

He was probably just some average, clueless fan. And just wanted to talk Texas football.

"Get the fuck out of here you son of a bitch! Eat some more fucking ham." 

20 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Account was probably set up by his grandson. "Here you go Grandpa. I know it's been tough for you, in that wheelchair. Enjoy talking Texas football on the internet." 

Stop trying to make us feel bad for the dude.

His takes sucked and he got bullied. There are people on this board who deserve it more, but it's a free site and he can just make another account. He's clearly happier on OB anyway. 

Him being old isn't some kind of excuse, either. I'm pretty sure @Armybrat is older than some states and he's one of the better posters on this board. 

Edited by Park Gothic
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, tokamak said:

The whole thing was weird. If it's not Ketch, why didn't he ever just say "I'm not Ketch, wtf are y'all talking about"? If it is Ketch, why didn't he disappear and come back under a different name when people started calling out literally every post?

My personal theory is that it's some random 80-year-old dude that shuts down his Compaq after every post to save electricity. He's going to call the Geek Squad tomorrow to ask why his Surlyhorns screen stopped working.

This gets thrown around a lot here, but my assumption is the guy is autistic, or socially awkward to the point he doesn't even know how to handle conflict on the internet. Or he's Ketchum. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

They have six commits, at an avg of 94.00 (first overall), two of which are QBs. Sayin is a huge get for the future; Howard is largely unreliable/unpredictable but should contribute this season. Downs and Judkins (boy, that RB tandem is going to be great) are day-one impacts, as is McLaughlin as a guard.

Texas has eight commits, at an avg of 92.00 (second overall). All but one (Blackshire) are day-one impacts in some fashion, with six being likely starters.

By average, tOSU is winning the portal, but I wouldn't trade Texas' transfer class for theirs.

Yeah it goes without saying I guess OSU is getting all the publicity but honestly I much prefer ours even in a vacuum (aka ignoring position need).

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, linux said:

Yeah it goes without saying I guess OSU is getting all the publicity but honestly I much prefer ours even in a vacuum (aka ignoring position need).

That’s a fine take. Folks should remember it. We don’t want a bunch of noise around the NIL efforts. We’re doing it right, but that doesn’t change the sentiments of the masses from some bad take by a media member on twitter or wherever. We’d rather other programs take the bullets. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I didn’t realize he may not be Ketch. I thought that was confirmed. If he’s not, he might be really confused right now. He’s wondering why he got so many negs to so many posts. I wouldn’t have negged him if I’d known Ketch wasn’t confirmed. 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I didn’t realize he may not be Ketch. I thought that was confirmed. If he’s not, he might be really confused right now. He’s wondering why he got so many negs to so many posts. I wouldn’t have negged him if I’d known Ketch wasn’t confirmed. 

He isn't confused. People told him why they were negging him every day.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

This gets thrown around a lot here, but my assumption is the guy is autistic, or socially awkward to the point he doesn't even know how to handle conflict on the internet. Or he's Ketchum. 

or he's an old

On 1/24/2024 at 6:00 PM, TheMailBox357 said:

If the "30-day open portal after a head coach leaves" rule & roster pillaging existed back in 2020, would Tom Herman have been fired after the 2020 season? I've always felt that Herman should've gotten another season becuz of the new coaching staff + weird COVID year.

spacer.png

• Haha 5

Good Lord, the meaningless things that some of y'all obsess over. I'd rather read a thousand pages of cheese puns then the last 10 pages of this thread.

Yes. Stopping the blathering and obsessing about an idiot poster would certainly be a Gouda thing.
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Good Lord, the meaningless things that some of y'all obsess over. I'd rather read a thousand pages of cheese puns then the last 10 pages of this thread.

Umm ... quite the typo there, Hornius.

Unless you actually like an - ahem - appetizer of cheese puns, and then the 10-page shit sandwich, I think you meant to write "than" ... 😂  😂  😂.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, closetojumping said:

That’s a fine take. Folks should remember it. We don’t want a bunch of noise around the NIL efforts. We’re doing it right, but that doesn’t change the sentiments of the masses from some bad take by a media member on twitter or wherever. We’d rather other programs take the bullets. 

Couldn't agree more.  Since we weren't involved with Sayin and Downs, on some level I was glad to see them go to OSU, just for attention/noise purposes. Somewhat torn because I despise those bastards in Columbus and don't want them getting studs, but also like them being the focus of portal accolades.

Hard to stay under the radar when we've been so solid in portal/NIL, but would be nice to stay out of everyone's crosshairs, even though it'll be hard to do while stunting on them.

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Anytime I see cheese on the mantle, I be graben it. 

Edited by Reese Bennett

9 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Good Lord, the meaningless things that some of y'all obsess over. 

What’s the deal with Ovaltine? It comes in a round container, you put it in a round glass, why don’t they call it Roundtine?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ousux said:
18 hours ago, futureman said:
and now homophobia.  I can't say I'm shocked.

Don't worry, nobody cares what you do in your own hovel.

I am not wearing reading glasses at the moment and misread that at first. Thought it said…

”…nobody cares what you do in your own bowel.”

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I posted this on the FB board but will post it in a few threads here too:

Some of us just sorted a whole bunch of NIL stuff for the 2024 cycle for Texas football on behalf of everyone else. Texas roster management is elite in CFB at this point. Everyone should sleep easy about transfers and people leaving.  Other schools, almost all of them, cannot say what I just said.

Praise be to Sarkisian, Billy Glasscock, Brandon Harris, Texas BMDs, CDC, the TOF and some random, ragtag rapscallions who had the audacity to say “fuck it, this is happening and we are doing this motherfucking thing and damn the consequences”, and Bobby Burton.  

snl s reactions GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I posted this on the FB board but will post it in a few threads here too:

Some of us just sorted a whole bunch of NIL stuff for the 2024 cycle for Texas football on behalf of everyone else. Texas roster management is elite in CFB at this point. Everyone should sleep easy about transfers and people leaving.  Other schools, almost all of them, cannot say what I just said.

Praise be to Sarkisian, Billy Glasscock, Brandon Harris, Texas BMDs, CDC, the TOF and some random, ragtag rapscallions who had the audacity to say “fuck it, this is happening and we are doing this motherfucking thing and damn the consequences”, and Bobby Burton.  

Wow, CTJ. You've really come around on Sark.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Deej said:

What’s the deal with Ovaltine? It comes in a round container, you put it in a round glass, why don’t they call it Roundtine?

"columnar"

Edited by Bevo
  • Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.