2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

On 3/1/2024 at 3:56 PM, Harvdog said:

All fair. The kid I knew was a yes sir no sir kid.  His dad put him at the Village School and that’s where him and my son became friends. He was a good kid.  People change. It’s obvious that he hasn’t matured and has made a ton of bad decisions. Hopefully he can get his shit together

There’s your issue. Any young person who says yes sir no sir is either a Boy/Girl Scout or a deviant. The odds run 50-50. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/1/2024 at 4:28 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

In Harvdog's defense, he's surrounded by the likes of us in a clowncar careening towards a canyon.

I’d rather be pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain….personally. 

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

On 3/1/2024 at 3:56 PM, Harvdog said:

All fair. The kid I knew was a yes sir no sir kid.  His dad put him at the Village School and that’s where him and my son became friends. He was a good kid.  People change. It’s obvious that he hasn’t matured and has made a ton of bad decisions. Hopefully he can get his shit together

More than a few of you should take copious notes on this response. This is correct way to react when you're clearly wrong or have been called out because of a bad take. I know that not a single one of you will pay any attention but maybe at least consider responding this next time instead of digging even deeper into whatever horrible hill you're dying on over and over again. 

I'm just fucking with you. Dig until you hit the earth's crust on whatever horrible hot take you've come up with this time. For example, I seem to recall a few "Keontay Ingram reminds me of Jamaal and Kelvontay Dixon looks like Ramonce" posts a few years back. Incredible stuff, really. Then, after you've been thoroughly chewed up, ridiculed, abused, and spit back out, keep heading further down through the magma. It's almost always much more entertaining that way

Seriously though, big props to Harvdog for manning up on this one. 

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

More than a few of you should take copious notes on this response. This is correct way to react when you're clearly wrong or have been called out because of a bad take. I know that not a single one of you will pay any attention but maybe at least consider responding this next time instead of digging even deeper into whatever horrible hill you're dying on over and over again. 

I'm just fucking with you. Dig until you hit the earth's crust on whatever horrible hot take you've come up with this time. For example, I seem to recall a few "Keontay Ingram reminds me of Jamaal and Kelvontay Dixon looks like Ramonce" posts a few years back. Incredible stuff, really. Then, after you've been thoroughly chewed up, ridiculed, abused, and spit back out, keep heading further down through the magma. It's almost always much more entertaining that way

You are doing this all wrong. It is the deviant behavior we want to applaud. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, campcrunk said:

As soon as the shovel hits the dirt, you’ve hit the earth’s crust.

image.png.b41d3e420081cc5d7528f9f938b8b0ac.png

Reminds me of my first couple of weeks at UT hearing a 5th year senior say-

“You're going to turn your way of thinking around 365 degrees.”

…that was when I knew that I had chosen poorly.

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

On 3/3/2024 at 6:51 PM, Napoleon said:

As soon as the shovel hits the dirt, you’ve hit the earth’s crust.

image.png.b41d3e420081cc5d7528f9f938b8b0ac.png

Dammit. I knew I should have gone with mantle. Stupid liberal arts degree

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Dammit. I knew I should have gone with mantle. Stupid liberal arts degree

I also have a worthless Liberal Arts degree, but I had a great 8th grade science teacher* who was a bit of a legend at our school.

Most of his former students from 8th grade Earth Science or 12th grade Geology and/or Astronomy classes (semester class each) remember more from his classes than just about any other class they took at our school. 

SIDE NOTE: He was talking up the 2024 April 8th total eclipse back in the ‘80s and kept talking about holding a gathering on campus. 

Well… the telescope is gone, the on campus planetarium is now more of an IMAX planetarium, and the teacher killed himself in 2012, but the gathering is still happening. 👏👏

*He was an alum and came back to teach because he loved geology & astronomy, we had a planetarium & an observatory with a massive telescope, and he came from money, so he didn’t need to work his ass off.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Well… the telescope is gone, the on campus planetarium is now more of an IMAX planetarium, and the teacher killed himself in 2012, but the gathering is still happening. 👏👏

Scared Steve Harvey GIF by ABC Network

• Haha 8

• 2 weeks later...
Imagine being such a cunt as a person that a fan base is openly rooting for your entire career to go up in smoke. It couldn’t have happened to a better family. 

Now we can direct that energy on his weaker, fatter, little brother.
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

The little cunt would have blamed it on something herman made him do to cause the shitty injury. Fuck him

U know his dad would be for sure..  

I'll always have distaste for the twins ever since they were outed in the group chat for recruiting Milroe and others to Bama..when they were taking a visit to UT at the time.

it's like they were enjoying watching twist in the wind or something

On 3/3/2024 at 6:51 PM, Napoleon said:

Found the gif of that conversation

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

Had he come time Texas, the narrative would have been that Texas can’t develop 5 stars.   Glad he is someone else’s bust.

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

U know his dad would be for sure..  

I'll always have distaste for the twins ever since they were outed in the group chat for recruiting Milroe and others to Bama..when they were taking a visit to UT at the time.

it's like they were enjoying watching twist in the wind or something

I should have mentioned this as a bright spot a well. If Flood couldn't get anything out of this kid during the short time he coached him, imagine how poorly he would've "developed" under Herb Hand (just typing that name makes me simultaneously nauseous and violently ragey). 

If Tommy had come here and busted (more like "when he came here and busted"), it would just be more of the same old "SEEEEE, Y'ALL!!1 YOO TEE/TEE YOO CAIN'T DEEVELOP NO FAHV STARRS" from A&M, OU, and every one of our new conference "friends." ESPN would probably run with it too.

Those chuckleheads just don't understand for even one second that development under Mack, Charlie, and Herman has nothing to do with development under Sark - which is a MASSIVE improvement from anything we've seen since... I don't even know. Maybe Tomey (RIP) and Robinson (also RIP)?

Even if the vast, vast majority of those douchebags didn't completely lack the critical thinking skills to see the very obvious difference, they wouldn't give a flying fuck because they also tend to lack intellectual ethics and honesty. 

So forgive me if I don't post "fuck the Brocks" a whole bunch because it's clear to me they did us a huge favor by not coming here. 

All that said, fuck the Brocks. 

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I'll be the one person to say something quasi-nice about this kid since, to the extent injuries actually played a role (and we've always known he had a bad shoulder), I wouldn't feel good about just about anyone's career ending that way short of them being someone who hits/does things to women against their will, which is not the case here to my knowledge. So, on the plus side, losing him to Bama was a big deal in terms of getting Herman fired and he did us the service of not wasting a scholarship here. At least there's that, I guess

Fuck him. I feel really good about his career ending this way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Is James a possible starter this year? He was listed as the backup last season. 
The only Brockermeyer(s) who had a somewhat productive playing career wore burnt orange. Karma is a wonderful thing sometimes.
  • Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I hope not. Then I'll be kinda sad that Bama isn't on our schedule. Our starting NT would feast. Probably the backups as well

Edited by Bevo14

10 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

How bad must James be?  The Bama center couldn’t even snap the ball to the QB.  Our walk-on LB was the best Brock, so I guess we did a great job of developing him (compared to his brothers who were massive busts).

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I should have mentioned this as a bright spot a well. If Flood couldn't get anything out of this kid during the short time he coached him, imagine how poorly he would've "developed" under Herb Hand (just typing that name makes me simultaneously nauseous and violently ragey). 

If Tommy had come here and busted (more like "when he came here and busted"), it would just be more of the same old "SEEEEE, Y'ALL!!1 YOO TEE/TEE YOO CAIN'T DEEVELOP NO FAHV STARRS" from A&M, OU, and every one of our new conference "friends." ESPN would probably run with it too.

Those chuckleheads just don't understand for even one second that development under Mack, Charlie, and Herman has nothing to do with development under Sark - which is a MASSIVE improvement from anything we've seen since... I don't even know. Maybe Tomey (RIP) and Robinson (also RIP)?

Even if the vast, vast majority of those douchebags didn't completely lack the critical thinking skills to see the very obvious difference, they wouldn't give a flying fuck because they also tend to lack intellectual ethics and honesty. 

So forgive me if I don't post "fuck the Brocks" a whole bunch because it's clear to me they did us a huge favor by not coming here. 

All that said, fuck the Brocks. 

Development is mostly BS anyway. Look at the percentage of Alabama recruits who were busts. Saban just did a good job of churning through the roster and bringing in a healthy number of replacements. They didn't have guys in their program hanging on like we did.

On 3/16/2024 at 10:04 AM, BigHorn'13 said:

he couldn't beat out Seth McLaughlin at center last year, so probably not

Edited by NoName

On 3/16/2024 at 9:43 PM, Bevo said:

Development is mostly BS anyway. Look at the percentage of Alabama recruits who were busts. Saban just did a good job of churning through the roster and bringing in a healthy number of replacements. They didn't have guys in their program hanging on like we did.

Saban did a good job of churning his roster but his development was also outrageous. People have ran the numbers and his hit rate on 5* was around 50% while the rest of CFB’s was 20-25%. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.