Miami Regional Thread

Horny Bull

14 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Are we hosting if the aggies win?

It wilL be based on the bids from the schools. Fuck em, let them say choo choo and play with bubbles while we stomp their asses there. I mean assuming we win one more.

1 minute ago, troph said:

It wilL be based on the bids from the schools. Fuck em, let them say choo choo and play with bubbles while we stomp their asses there. I mean assuming we win one more.

Moot point as they will choke on their micropeens in Palo Alto. 

Dear god no 

• Hook 'Em 1

Of course.

anyway, so far we have EK grab at the wall, DC diving catch, LBJ complete game/1 ER, Daly with a bomb, DC with clutch hits, playing spectacular baseball.  Just magic right now. Gotta find one more pitching performance even if it’s by committee. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Of course.

anyway, so far we have EK grab at the wall, DC diving catch, LBJ complete game/1 ER, Daly with a bomb, DC with clutch hits, playing spectacular baseball.  Just magic right now. Gotta find one more pitching performance even if it’s by committee. 

I'm not sure what you're talking about I haven't seen anything that magical. I want to see more from these guys. They haven't proven anything yet. 

🙂

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Witt has started the previous four series though. Be interesting to see what Pierce decides to do.

I bet he starts Witt but with Shaw and Tole going down I like being able to keep my cards close to the vest by bringing Witt out of the bullpen. If Travis has a good start tomorrow and you take a lead to the 4th or 5th, then turn it over to Witt. If Travis doesn’t have a good start you have Witt for the if necessary game

Edited by chase25

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Starting anyone but Witt would be monumentally stupid.  He's the Sunday guy at this point, even on a pitch count.

Why do people continue to see value in fucking with a good thing?

I mean he hasn’t been good in his starts. Plus without Shaw you end up bringing in guys that are very similar to him to replace him since he’s on a pitch count. 
I would still start him but there’s certainly a case to made for starting someone else.

Edited by hobbes2702

Starting anyone but Witt would be monumentally stupid.  He's the Sunday guy at this point, even on a pitch count.
Why do people continue to see value in fucking with a good thing?

Were you onboard with fucking with a good thing up until OU? Actually, we did that at BU, which got it off the rails.

Long ass win streak and jumping out to the Big 12 lead.

Starting anyone but Witt just plants seeds of doubt.  We are going to be fresher than our opponent.  We've only thrown 3 guys so far. I like our chances of piling up late runs.

Witt would only go 3-4 innings max, anyway.  If he struggles, so be it, but he looked pretty good to me against WVU.  I see no value in tinkering with the rotation.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

MSU barely made the tournament (like almost last in) and landed up winning it all. Ole Miss wasn't as much as dark horse as them. Tomato, toomahto.

the dude your opinion GIF

Ole Miss was the last team in the tournament last year. Mississippi State was the #7 overall two years ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, there’s no reason to change it now. I think had we seen Witt in some closing action that’s a different story.

Witt for 5 is likely the plan.

Tonight was significant. To win first and foremost. Then we got a bonus in only using one pitcher.

It is time for the bats to put more pressure on the opponent.

• Hook 'Em 3

I haven’t been his biggest fan, but Jack O’Dowd has quietly been pretty solid the last month or so. Was at .259 a month ago and is now at .280. He’s probably average defensively but makes the plays he needs to make the majority of the time.

A month ago I thought we needed to upgrade both middle infield spots this offseason, but I would feel fine if he was our everyday 2B next year batting 7th or whatever. He has 10+ homer pop. Definitely needs to get better against lefties.

• Hook 'Em 1