Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Big Brass Balls comeback. Team never gave up.  If they win tomorrow, they should go deep in Omaha.  They're building a late-season formula of badassness.

Oh and let's not lose sight of the fact Stanford as a smug. meathead fucker named Bruno.  Yea, dude probably doesn't think he lost that game.

Match up with wake though round one. Draw was not kind later in the tournament to Texas. 

1 minute ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Oh and let's not lose sight of the fact Stanford as a smug. meathead fucker named Bruno.  Yea, dude probably doesn't think he lost that game.

Stanford doesn't want to talk about Bruno

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

A lot of posts made midway through this thread are now hilarious. Only reason mine don't fit that description is that I didn't make any. 

What a shocking win. You don't come out on the right side of many like that, so soak it up. 

Edited by Gut Wagon

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Somebody explain to me what Stanford's outfielders are doing? They did this several times in the regional too where it looked like they are about to collide. 

My buddy told me before this series started that they would make a huge outfield mistake and damn was he right. 

They only communicate via SMS.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Somebody explain to me what Stanford's outfielders are doing? They did this several times in the regional too where it looked like they are about to collide. 

My buddy told me before this series started that they would make a huge outfield mistake and damn was he right. 

Standford CF's real name is Kelly Leak....or Kerry Reek.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Looks to me like Park is late on his calls which causing confusion for the corner OF. That’s what happened both times today 

6 minutes ago, troph said:

What was Kyle Petersen saying ? 0-74 … teams down by 3 or more in the 9th in supers? and biggest comeback in 9th inning for Texas in 15 years? 

I think that’s 0-74 (before tonight) since the tournament started, not just the supers. And biggest since 2009 I think 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, troph said:

Match up with wake though round one. Draw was not kind later in the tournament to Texas. 

Well you have to beat the best eventually.

Last year East Carolina's spirit was crushed by our comeback. We'll see how Stanford responds.

Either way I like being one LBJ win from Omaha.

• Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

CF is the Asian Kelly Leak 

• Like 1

Ugh -  ESPN.com

Texas scores 5 in the top of the 9th to come from behind to beat Stanford on the road.
Florida sweeps SoCar to get to the CWS.

Top headline: asshole bothers Griner at airport.  UF is 8th.

I guess we know what drives clicks - and it is not college baseball.

Edited by boilerhorn
commentary

14 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

So, Morehouse became Nolan Ryan once the regionals started?

I think I'll allow it. Damn, Pierce knew what he was doing sticking with this guy. 

II was critical of Zane earlier in the season because he lacked control.  But lately he is electric. Thats some Ty Madden, Bryce Elder type shit.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

You can’t just change what words mean counselor 

Hit has multiple meanings in this context.  He hit the ball, and hit it well, regardless of what the OF did with it.  It was a decent piece of hitting for ol' Mitchell.

• Haha 1