Texas Longhorns - 2024 Schedule with a few SEC dates

Pancho

36 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

My best guess.

Do what you like with it.

One thing I realized, next season has 14 weeks.

Everyone will have 2 bye weeks.

Home Away
8/31/2024   Col. State   Florida Arkansas
9/7/2024   Michagan   Georgia Oklahoma
9/14/2024  UTSA   Kentucky A&M
9/21/2024  ULM   Miss State Vandy
9/28/2024  buy      
10/5/2024  Oklahoma      
10/12/2024  Miss State      
10/19/2024  Georgia      
10/26/2024  Vandy      
11/2/2024  Kentucky      
11/9/2024  buy      
11/16/2024  Arkansas      
11/23/2024  Florida      
11/30/2024   A&M      

What are we going to buy?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

SEC setting it up so Ala can end any streaks UGA still has going by then despite the fact that we played in Tusca in 2020. Also get Texas in Austin the same weekend as that F1 stuff, so we can’t travel like we normally do. 

A bama guy is in control of scheduling, so we expect nothing less. Mark Womack, 1982 Bama grad who helped engineer the perfectly laid out schedules during the Saban years since he took over in 2011. 

Edited by Tomatillo

30 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

SEC setting it up so Ala can end any streaks UGA still has going by then despite the fact that we played in Tusca in 2020. Also get Texas in Austin the same weekend as that F1 stuff, so we can’t travel like we normally do. 

A bama guy is in control of scheduling, so we expect nothing less. Mark Womack, 1982 Bama grad who helped engineer the perfectly laid out schedules during the Saban years since he took over in 2011. 

You can still come to Austin. San Antonio is just an hour and a half down the road and has tons of hotel rooms.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Geaux Tigers? I thought LSU fan had a monopoly on schedule bitching. 

Though, aggy is trying pretty had to get in on that. 

10 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

That will be a Fox or whatever major network BIG has a contract with since it is a home game for Michigan.

Hopefully our last big 11am game for a long while

10 hours ago, utee94 said:

We're not talking about ANY game, we're talking about the A&M game.

In the 100+ years of the rivalry, there's only a handful of times in the late 90s and early 2000s that the game was played on T+1, and even that hasn't happened since 2007.  

So no, there's no meaningful history to playing this rivalry game on T+1.  The entire point of the discussion about Thanksgiving day itself, is because there IS a long and meaningful history of playing the ags on THAT day.

Thanksgiving day is important to the rivalry, T+1 is not.

That we've played a bunch of rando substitute games on T+1 over the past 12 years isn't relevant to the discussion about the A&M game and its history.

Ok cool.  Hook 'em.

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Wow, I just looked up their schedule.

vs Miami
vs aggy
vs UCF
vs LSU
vs Ole Miss

Georgia in Jacksonville

at Tennessee
at FSU
at Texas

That is fucking crazy

Well, LSU will likely be terrible next year, so the beginning of that schedule may not be completely terrible. But yeah, that is hard. 

3 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Don’t expect us to speak up about it. We’ll be accused of trying to come in and throw our weight around or of “destroying another conference.”

I’d figure the other SEC schools would have put a stop to it by now, but I guess that’s what “SEC! SEC! SEC!” is all about. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Don’t expect us to speak up about it. We’ll be accused of trying to come in and throw our weight around or of “destroying another conference.”

I’d figure the other SEC schools would have put a stop to it by now, but I guess that’s what “SEC! SEC! SEC!” is all about. 

You’d be surprised how many programs don’t mind taking it up the ass from bham. Tenn, LSU and miss schools for starters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, TrashMaster G said:

You can still come to Austin. San Antonio is just an hour and a half down the road and has tons of hotel rooms.

Maybe fly into SAT, get hotel and car there - unless you are driving of course.

I thought they stopped scheduling Football and F1 on the same day after the first clusterfuck?

May be another thread about it, but with the move to the SEC, what road games are y'all looking forward to the most?  I went to Bama this year and it was actually really fun.  Helps when you win of course, but the overall atmosphere and fans were much better than I anticipated.

Next year obviously Arkansas and aggy.

Looking forward to LSU. Baton Rouge sucks but we owe them a trip and I think that series is going to develop a rivalry feel quickly.

I’ve heard Athens and Knoxville are nice. I guess one has to go to The Grove once in their life.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Looking forward to LSU. Baton Rouge sucks but we owe them a trip and I think that series is going to develop a rivalry feel quickly.

I’ve heard Athens and Knoxville are nice. I guess one has to go to The Grove once in their life.

Yeah, Athens and Knoxville and Nashville are probably the top of my list.  And LSU because the atmosphere will be nuts.  I will never step foot in that piece of shit death trap stadium in college station.  Ever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

fba4bc2d09e0205bc0da466427c1cd0a.jpg
Indeed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

May be another thread about it, but with the move to the SEC, what road games are y'all looking forward to the most?  I went to Bama this year and it was actually really fun.  Helps when you win of course, but the overall atmosphere and fans were much better than I anticipated.

Gotta be honest. Being a brown homosexual gives me pause about visiting a lot of places. Sucks that I feel that way. Nashville?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Nashville for sure next season. Easy to get into and out of. Plenty to do around the game. The stadium is not great but the campus is cool. I'd love to go to Knoxville. Baton Rouge I think I will opt for as a game with LSU and aggy. Auburn could be decent. Kentucky will be an easy trip. I think I can live without going to Gainesville, Starkville, and Columbia, SC. 

Edited by mdmost

44 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Nashville for sure next season. Easy to get into and out of. Plenty to do around the game. The stadium is not great but the campus is cool. I'd love to go to Knoxville. Baton Rouge I think I will opt for as a game with LSU and aggy. Auburn could be decent. Kentucky will be an easy trip. I think I can live without going to Gainesville, Starkville, and Columbia, SC. 

You might want to reconsider Columbia. Underrated road-trip imo, not in the top half but not at the bottom either.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Baton Rouge I think I will opt for as a game with LSU and aggy.

Definitely go there when you hate the visiting team.  Stroll over to the North Stadium Drive side of the stadium about an hour before kickoff. Have some boudin, a good stiff drink and a nice stogie. Get a local to show you exactly where the band sets up for “Pregame” before they go into the stadium. You won’t regret it:

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Lotta Camel Teaux in the front reaux

That, and for early season games when it’s hot as fuck around game time and still daylight out, when the GGs stand at attention, one may observe little dainty drops of sweat falling from the tips of their pert little noses straight down into the lovely valley between their perfect heaving boobs.  Picture me as Mel Brooks with the secretary in Blazing Saddles!

• Haha 1

Too many ridiculous comments to capture but it's interest the pre melt that is happening 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/texas-schedule-next-year--one-of-the-easiest-in-the-league/111085076/

Fans there went from SEC is a grinder , iron sharpens iron , every game is a playoff game to accidently disclosing reality: most of these teams suck. 

They are super worried that Georgia and OU are the only tough teams we face because Arky and Florida are down , and A&M sucks sheep dick 

On 11/28/2023 at 7:25 PM, Tomatillo said:

Not so sure about that.  A couple years ago half of their opponents had bye/no games the week prior to playing Bama.  The only two Bama had no game the prior week was game 1 and LSU

Definitely go there when you hate the visiting team.  Stroll over to the North Stadium Drive side of the stadium about an hour before kickoff. Have some boudin, a good stiff drink and a nice stogie. Get a local to show you exactly where the band sets up for “Pregame” before they go into the stadium. You won’t regret it:

Weird seeing a school in a major P5 conference go full HBCU with the band, but I like it.

On 11/30/2023 at 9:03 PM, jdhorn92 said:

Not so sure about that.  A couple years ago half of their opponents had bye/no games the week prior to playing Bama.  The only two Bama had no game the prior week was game 1 and LSU

That was 2010 before Womack was given the responsibility. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/30/2023 at 7:48 PM, BigHornedLurker said:

Too many ridiculous comments to capture but it's interest the pre melt that is happening 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/texas-schedule-next-year--one-of-the-easiest-in-the-league/111085076/

Fans there went from SEC is a grinder , iron sharpens iron , every game is a playoff game to accidently disclosing reality: most of these teams suck. 

They are super worried that Georgia and OU are the only tough teams we face because Arky and Florida are down , and A&M sucks sheep dick 

Damn we been telling them that for years nah bro SEC SEC now they are worried Texas might come in a win the whole damn thing and they be like, bro, bruh, shits down next year, yo.  

my response?

beyonce bitch please GIF

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

That news leaked a couple of weeks ago.

True.  But it would be funny to be in the living room of Georgia fans right now making plans for Austin that weekend.  And thinking, "What the fuck, $800 a night for hotel?"  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Not just anybody can get into an Extended Stay America.

Look, they're not hookers if you don't pay them.  I didn't pay them, did you pay them?  

We've had some crossover weekends between USGP & Texas Football and ACL Music Festival & Texas Football.  And I think there was even one weekend with ACL Music Festival and USGP.  But this gonna be lit as fuck in 2024 with Georgia and Formula 1.  I gotta start talking to my wife about doing a STR with our home.  We could pay our property taxes if we get a 4-night stay.  Maybe send the kids to grandma's house so we can have our own festival, I dunno?  Maybe call South Austin's Mom and see if she wants to get in on the mix...

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 11/30/2023 at 2:20 PM, dec3169 said:

Maybe fly into SAT, get hotel and car there - unless you are driving of course.

I thought they stopped scheduling Football and F1 on the same day after the first clusterfuck?

F1 has been scheduled for this date for over a year….besides, F1 does whatever the hell they want….just be thankful there’s no 3 day ACL Fest at Zilker!

Edited by Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

What are they releasing tonight? The dates? We’ve already seen who were playing I thought? Or was that all just a guess?

I believe it is the actual dates. We already know our opponents, but not the dates, except for a select few (like the Georgia game). 

Just now, Js1 said:

I believe it is the actual dates. We already know our opponents, but not the dates, except for a select few (like the Georgia game). 

If they wanted everyone to watch they should have released everything tonight. Opponents and divisions and dates. Idgaf when we play vandy or really when we play anyone. Now that I know who we’re playing it’s not must see tv.