Fuck Brett Yormark

hobbs

TV picks the time slots, they put the game where they think it will get the most eyeballs (and they are right) when we are in the SEC and can be the 230 game of the week exclusively for the conference it will be at 230.

The SEC has a major built in audience in that CBS 230 window that isn’t profitable for ESPN to compete against (which is why ESPN paid $300 million for it).

11am: Texas/OU on ABC and Ohio St/Maryland on FOX and LSU/Mizzou (all undefeated but LSU)

230: Bama/aggy on CBS, Virginia Tech/Florida St on ABC, Syracuse/UNC on ESPN, UCF/Kansas on FOX (ESPN/FOX clearly sacrificed weaker games in this window)

Prime: Notre Dame/Louisville on ABC, Kentucky/Georgia on ESPN, Michigan/Minnesota on NBC, and Fresno St/Wyoming on FOX

I've been to a few 2:30 PM kicks of the RRS, and since the latest CFB scheduling-trend is that "only Losers play at 11 AM," (Craig Way has said it on several occasions) putting this kick at 11 AM seems like a last petty dig at Texas to deny the prestige of primetime ratings to Texas, even if it costs the Big12 money. 
Texas and Mobilehoma are both undefeated and ranked, and you put it at 11 AM?  That doesn't wash.
It seems illogical, especially since the Irate8 games on the RRS weekend are run out at teams-with-better-records' timeslots? This seems upside-down, and I wouldn't be surprised if we hear it was forced by Yormark. 
I know that supposedly the networks have to what amounts to a weekly game-draft of games to fill timeslots, but seeing all the conference games this weekend strikes me of forcing the shit teams in better timeslots even though they're still shitty and will result shitty ratings anyway.
There's been a lot of pundits question this 11 AM kick in passing, saying that when the RRS becomes a SEC game, it won't be a "only Losers play at 11 AM" game, implying that the RRS will be maximized as a primetime matchup. 
Maybe the RRS won't be a primetime game, but it should be!
Even going back to 2:30 PM would be preferable to 11 AM Bullshit!
FUCK YORMARK!
FUCK MOBILEHOMA!
HOOK'EM HORNS!

11am games draw the best TV numbers. It’s the reason FOX has “big noon” instead of “big Saturday night”

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

I've been to a few 2:30 PM kicks of the RRS, and since the latest CFB scheduling-trend is that "only Losers play at 11 AM," (Craig Way has said it on several occasions) putting this kick at 11 AM seems like a last petty dig at Texas to deny the prestige of primetime ratings to Texas, even if it costs the Big12 money. 

Texas and Mobilehoma are both undefeated and ranked, and you put it at 11 AM?  That doesn't wash.

It seems illogical, especially since the Irate8 games on the RRS weekend are run out at teams-with-better-records' timeslots? This seems upside-down, and I wouldn't be surprised if we hear it was forced by Yormark. 

I know that supposedly the networks have to what amounts to a weekly game-draft of games to fill timeslots, but seeing all the conference games this weekend strikes me of forcing the shit teams in better timeslots even though they're still shitty and will result shitty ratings anyway.

There's been a lot of pundits question this 11 AM kick in passing, saying that when the RRS becomes a SEC game, it won't be a "only Losers play at 11 AM" game, implying that the RRS will be maximized as a primetime matchup. 

Maybe the RRS won't be a primetime game, but it should be!

Even going back to 2:30 PM would be preferable to 11 AM Bullshit!

FUCK YORMARK!

FUCK MOBILEHOMA!

HOOK'EM HORNS!

Cousinvinny Funny GIF - Cousinvinny Funny GIFs

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, statsman said:

Honestly, I thought the time slot was driven by the network and not the conference. 

I feel like this needs to be stickied to the top of the board for the few remaining idiots who apparently need to read it a million times in order to understand it.

• Rage+1 1

BY can’t find a rational reason to go to the RRR. His two “premium” teams, that are leaving, have the Nation’s spotlight. He can see that the winner on Saturday will play the other team in December for the B12 Championship. Tough sledding for BY! Can’t save face in Dallas, therefore Sankey and the SEC have the spotlight.

Hook’em!!!

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

To revive this thread, how about a look at our Big XII scheduling vs Cougar High this one academic year we are forced to cohabitate with those losers:

Soccer Away
Volleyball Away x2
Football Away
Men's Basketball Home & Away
Women's Basketball Away
Women's Tennis Away
Baseball Away
Softball ???

Anyone want to guess where we will end up playing them in softball?

I'm so done with this petty BS.  I never thought I would look forward to being in the SEC, but here we are.

Dude needs to eat shit and die...in a pasture so that the buzzards can pick his carcass.  jmo

15 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

To revive this thread, how about a look at our Big XII scheduling vs Cougar High this one academic year we are forced to cohabitate with those losers:

Soccer Away
Volleyball Away x2
Football Away
Women's Basketball Away
Women's Tennis Away
Baseball Away
Softball ???

I'm so done with this petty BS.  I never thought I would look forward to being in the SEC, but here we are.

Yeah that doesn't really appear to be random, does it?

We don't play everyone twice in men's basketball, I wonder why they decided to have us play Houston twice and get one game at home, rather than a single game, @Houston, like they did in women's basketball?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, utee94 said:

We don't play everyone twice in men's basketball, I wonder why they decided to have us play Houston twice and get one game at home, rather than a single game, @Houston, like they did in women's basketball?

Probably to maximize television ratings. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

It's not random.  It's hoping against hope the new Texas team in Big 12 can beat Big Bad Texas. basketball is the one outlier from a ratings standpoint.

17 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Soccer Away
Volleyball Away x2
Football Away
Women's Basketball Away
Women's Tennis Away
Baseball Away
Softball ???

Fertitta fits right in with the rig 12

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Fertitta fits right in with the rig 12

His food is about as sickening as his business ethics. I went to Babins not even realizing it was a Landry's. I stayed to give it a try. Sickening. I have absolute confidence Long John Silver and Captain D would be better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hard Times said:

His food is about as sickening as his business ethics. I went to Babins not even realizing it was a Landry's. I stayed to give it a try. Sickening. I have absolute confidence Long John Silver and Captain D would be better.

He’s very well known around town here in Galveston. Nice family, just not the man himself. Buddy was a limo driver and said the tip was $100 with the wife and $0-$10 with ole Tilly. 

On 10/18/2023 at 4:52 PM, cochamps said:

Dude needs to eat shit and die...in a pasture so that the buzzards can pick his carcass.  jmo

CDC needs to put the Jackass up in the nosebleed with the Tech band when those mother fuckers come to town.  And the Silver Spurs should ask for the Rig 12 flags that used to fly around the stadium and use them to pick up BEVO’s shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2

CDC needs to put the Jackass up in the nosebleed with the Tech band when those mother fuckers come to town.  And the Silver Spurs should ask for the Rig 12 flags that used to fly around the stadium and use them to pick up BEVO’s shit.  

I say completely sincere ceremony on field. Make the dude pose and shake hands as a retrospective plays on Jumbotron.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
I’m curious about the timing- what happened first? Yormark deciding not to come? Or Sankey deciding to come?
Yormark should have had his game visits at least penciled in before the first game kicked off. My guess is he was never coming to Dallas unless every other game that day sucked so badly he had no choice. Sankey decided for him lol.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

"Sideshow Yormark"   what a clown

That makes a lot of sense. The outcome is all decided before hand with the refs just following the script veiled in complete incompetence.  I’m just surprised opposing online don’t hit our dline over the head with metal folding chairs.  I guess uncalled holding works equally well. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Doesn't the Undertaker live in Austin? Sark should invite him to the game and have him stare Yorkmark down when we win.

Stare down? Fuck that. Chokeslam Yormark. Tombstone that motherfucker! Hit him with a little snake eyes and old school. Texas will give Brett the last ride.

• Haha 1