Rice at Texas - Game 1

Pancho

We got plenty of lessons to learn from this game. This is the game to learn from. Lots of depth got experience, but that OL got many much needed reps and, despite the OR, Campbell got pretty much all the reps with the first team.

Good win overall, they will definitely hit the week hard after all that struggling.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

That was a terrible first game. We played ONE good quarter. Total dogshit the rest of the game.

The offense was terrible for 2 quarters. Good in the 3rd quarter. 4th quarter was 2s and 3s on offense. 

The defense definitely wasn't dogshit. They dominated for 3.5 quarters until it was 3rd stringers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

That was a terrible first game. We played ONE good quarter. Total dogshit the rest of the game.

Offensively yes. The defense was better than advertised. 

Thing is with all the money put into getting the OL and Ewers here that's supposed to be the side of the ball that dominates the most. That was about as disappointing of a performance as it could have been given their talent level and Rice's lack of defensive talent. The offensive line was embarrassing 

• Hook 'Em 5

I hate this take: "many of you panicked early."

Did anyone really see anything in the second half that made you think the concerns are overblown? We have an offensive guru who apparently likes the deep ball, and a QB who simply can't hit it for whatever reason and the coach either doesn't see it, doesn't believe what he sees, or I suspect doesn't have the stomach to make a hard decision. Sark is more friend than hard-nosed coach. Great for a coordinator, not sure it works for this team and the culture that has been here.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1-0 better than 0-1.

but let’s pump the breaks on the celebration.

this team needs lots of work.

Let’s hope this staff is up to it.

I’m not sold they are, but will be pleasantly surprised if they figure their shit out.

I have PTSD. From the last… checks notes…: 1 and a half decades.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

So you ever seen the bigs? NFL? They have these “pre-season” games.

Texas gonna wreck some next week. Tune in Billy. Let’s go! 

Did anyone really see anything in the second half that made you think the concerns are overblown? We have an offensive guru who apparently likes the deep ball, and a QB who simply can't hit it for whatever reason and the coach either doesn't see it, doesn't believe what he sees, or I suspect doesn't have the stomach to make a hard decision. Sark is more friend than hard-nosed coach. Great for a coordinator, not sure it works for this team and the culture that has been here.
But Sark isn't an offensive guru. He was simply inside the Bama machine where anyone looks really good. When he's ran his own team, he hasn't did shit. And nothing has changed
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, naija said:

1's had three drives and 3 tds in the 3rd and put the game away.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
3 minutes ago, naija said:

But Sark isn't an offensive guru. He was simply inside the Bama machine where anyone looks really good. When he's ran his own team, he hasn't did shit. And nothing has changed

He has done well running offenses when he isn't in charge of the whole team. The world of football is full of people who are like that. 

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

1's had three drives and 3 tds in the 3rd and put the game away.

Worthy beating a Bama DB one-on-one is more likely, than a short pass turning into something that converts for a long game on elite teams and the league we are going to. That's why you get players like Worthy. You have to hit that. You just have to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 minutes ago, naija said:

I’ve said it over and over, Sark can’t focus on 2 things at the same time. Either be an OC or a HC. Don’t do both. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Ok sunshine pumper. Is it that hard to say we didn’t look that great and ewers still can’t hit anyone down the field. 

Both things can be true. We didn’t look great but at the same time it’s not that big of a deal. Offense was vanilla, team was pretty lethargic looking ahead to next week. Not really worth panicking tbh