The big 12 is total and utter garbage

Wulaw Horn

TCU loses to Colorado 

Baylor loses to Texas state. 
Tceh and Wyoming tied late. 
Oklahoma state squeaking by central Arkansas. 
UH by a figgie over UTSA. 
This is a really bad league this year. I had dreams of us running shit on our way out the door, but we didn’t exactly cover ourselves in glory offensively today. 
just a bad collection of teams this year. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just as it’s true of Texas it’s true of rest - week 1 isn’t the end all be all.

UCF, OU, and K State took care of business against lesser opponents. Texas fucked around a bit on offense but flashed dominant defensive potential and the game was never in doubt. Kansas has yet to put Jalon Daniels on the field. Tech I can cut a bit of slack opening on the road. OSU played three QB’s.

There’s still room for some good teams to emerge. But yes lol at Baylor and TCU

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Holy shit, I remember people wanting Aranda as our coach at one point, Texas fucking State…that’s glorious. Fuck those rape enabling bears. 

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Aranda is BFFs with Turtle Tom. He was destined to fall on his face eventually.

• Hook 'Em 1

I've been saying this for years lol

Worst league

Worst reputation - rape cover up, dudes beating up their gf cover up, dudes knocking out bitches on video getting covered up 

Worst officiating 

Worst style of play

Worst leadership and branding

Thank God we are out of this shit hole

• Hook 'Em 7

19 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Is it too early for the big 12 to kick out UH, UCF, BYU and Cincy?

10 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Shit, they're probably debating adding more "power 5" teams like Oregon St and Wazzou to fit their football brand.

I’d put Oregon St and Wazzu up against those four any day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

I’d put Oregon St and Wazzu up against those four any day.

Exactly.  I’ll bet the Big 12 regrets adding those 4 shitty teams now that the PAC 12 teams are available.  It’s almost like they married the first ugly girl that would talk to them and then found out there were other desperate girls out there that are a lot hotter.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

Duh. It's a conference full of 4th and 5th choice schools.

I understand their strategy because they had no real option other than big expansion to hold off the ACC or some awakening by the PAC though it’s a huge dilution of TV money, so I don’t understand it. But it’s soon to be that party in high school that doesn’t have any cool kids there; if you’re there, you ain’t cool. And if Deion moves on in a couple years that takes the only personality away.

What a pathetic weekend.

And why does Tech have a travel game to Wyoming? That’s like Mater Dei traveling to play Mexia.

Utah and Colorado on track to dominate the conference starting next year.

8 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I understand their strategy because they had no real option other than big expansion to hold off the ACC or some awakening by the PAC though it’s a huge dilution of TV money, so I don’t understand it. But it’s soon to be that party in high school that doesn’t have any cool kids there; if you’re there, you ain’t cool. And if Deion moves on in a couple years that takes the only personality away.

What a pathetic weekend.

And why does Tech have a travel game to Wyoming? That’s like Mater Dei traveling to play Mexia.

I don’t think you can compare Tech to a team that typically wins a lot of games.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

What a pathetic weekend.

We traveled to Wyoming back in Mack’s days.   Want to say when Colt was QB.    We also travelled to UTEP.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I honestly try to not overreact to week 1 as everyone is starting from zero. That said, if Deion keeps winning and stays at CU for at least 3 seasons, they will run this conference easily as his talent gap will be so massive compared to the rest of the Big 12. They're the best locale to recruit to after Texas leaves and have the single biggest personality for a head coach who will get to pick the kids he wants to join him. And I am here for it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1