2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

Just now, jw4381 said:

I kind of thought if Xavier had cut that outside of Sanders "block" he would have had a long gain.

The OL were inside of him, he made the right cut. The OL were about to find the only remaining DB on that side of the field. It was a TD if Sanders just gets in the way of the Bama DB. Give that kid credit he made a hell of a play and we ended up missing a long FG.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Not a fumble. Can’t advance a fumble. Seemed more like a bad snap than a backwards pass - no one had possession of it

ref said qb never had control, so the ball can be advanced. this was just what the tv ref guy said. ain't no way a b12 crew would get it correct.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Man, it wasn't perfect.  We fucked up a lot of shit, but still overcame, didn't let it get to us, and got it done.

Can't say that about a lot of our bigger games the last 14 years or so.

That's another sign of a very talented and well-coached team.  You play one of the best programs in the country, have a great day... but by no means perfect day, take some licks, bounce back and still kick their ass.  I may have started to pucker just a wee bit when Bama went down for their only TD and 2-pt conversion, but the answer released the tension and that was that.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Marcel Dareus and Colt’s shoulder can funally be consigned to the dust heap of history. Is this a similar watershed? Time will tell. Sark sez, “Veni, vidi, vici, motherfuckers!”  My crimson ball cap’s off to you denizens of Surly. Peace out while I kick my wounds. Wallow in all the success, Horns. You have earned it and richly deserve it. 

Ah yes, how sweet the wine...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Then there’s the if he catches the ball factor .

My point is … We spread the ball around and didn’t force to Worthy…. Win/profit. .

Worthy has questionable hands but he’s also 100% dog. He ain’t afraid of shit and a game like tonight is never too big for him. I’d bet good money that a lot of players on the team take their cues from him in big moments. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, EastTexan said:

ref said qb never had control, so the ball can be advanced. this was just what the tv ref guy said. ain't no way a b12 crew would get it correct.

Essentially since Ewers never possessed it then by rule the ball was officially snapped to Brooks. Agreed the Big 12 crews would have fucked it up.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So what was that shit on the fumblerooski thing?

Seems like it was either a fumble or a backward pass, as ruled, either of which could have been advanced, as far as I know.  They mumbled some shit about the fourth down.

So by rule a 4th down fumble can't be advanced. The ball is spotted at fumble.  Since Quinn never possessed the ball that rule didn't apply hence J Brooks could advance it.

I went to a bar in Austin to watch the game with some friends. Some aggies started talking shit when we celebrated downing a punt inside the 5. I talked shit back, as they were losing to Miami. Perhaps I was too kind to them afterward, but they paid our tab. 

I was at aggy for scoreboard in 2012 and I intend to return the favor... when we get to crush their hopes and dreams as conference foes once more. 

Thanks, y'all! That was actually pretty cool.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoachTex said:

So by rule a 4th down fumble can't be advanced. The ball is spotted at fumble.  Since Quinn never possessed the ball that rule didn't apply hence J Brooks could advance it.

correct.  the only thing the booth guy got wrong I think was calling it a muff.  every snap is a officially a backwards pass.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, CoachTex said:

Any idea that maybe that was the play the whole time?  Push the snap past Quinn, cause mass confusion, let the RB pick it up, get the first down, profit.

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Any idea that maybe that was the play the whole time?  Push the snap past Quinn, cause mass confusion, let the RB pick it up, get the first down, profit.

I think we will never get a straight answer but insanely enough I think it was exactly that.  BUT I think the plan was for Sanders to pick it up and go.  If you watch Quinn he immediately comes up and grabs his wrist....he didn't seem to have any intention of fielding the snap.  Sanders was in motion and was directly behind QE3 at the snap and drops his hands like he is trying to field something off the ground....but the bounce fucked things up and fortunately Brooks was Johnny on the Spot.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Yeah I had a brain cramp on the can't advance a fumble/your own fumble.  Got it now.  But whatever they said on the original call didn't make no sense when I heard it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The way Quinn pulled his hands up to his chest without the ball, I wondered if it was supposed to be snapped to the TE behind him or the RB. Who knows; it’s just nice to have so many lucky bounces go in our favor for once.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN