2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

If you watch Quinn he immediately comes up and grabs his wrist....he didn't seem to have any intention of fielding the snap.

That's exactly why I thought maybe it was a genius pre-designed play that has been practiced at length.  Despite all their winning, Bama ain't exactly known to be the most smartest group of dudes so something like that has a good chance to work.  The biggest problem is you put the ball on the ground and we all know a weird shaped ball like a football don't always bounce the way you think it will.

Just now, TOR said:

Did Sark completely sandbag all of college football with the lackluster, infuriating Rice game in week 1?  Because the horns team that played tonight hangs 70 on the Owls and probably keeps them under 100 yards TO.   

I'm gonna guess a) vanilla game plan b) looking past Rice c) first game heebie jeebies.

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

The way Quinn pulled his hands up to his chest without the ball, I wondered if it was supposed to be snapped to the TE behind him or the RB. Who knows; it’s just nice to have so many lucky bounces go in our favor for once.

The ball actually hit Quinn in the chest and rolled out. That was an oh shit reaction with hands to the chest. Football Gods repaying us for our 13 years of deliverance.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, crash_davis said:

I'm pretty sure it was designed. In the replay, Ewers looked like he purposely held his wrist with this other hand to show that he never received the snap and thus never had possession.

Cmon man. Think about the game situation and what you are saying. This was a botched snap, not some ridiculous trick play

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TOR said:

Did Sark completely sandbag all of college football with the lackluster, infuriating Rice game in week 1?  Because the horns team that played tonight hangs 70 on the Owls and probably keeps them under 100 yards TO.   

Turns out, Rice might not completely suck this year.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'm pretty sure it was designed. In the replay, Ewers looked like he purposely held his wrist with this other hand to show that he never received the snap and thus never had possession.

3 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

I thought that too. But that would be one hell of a ballsy call.

I don't think so. That's the kind of weird shit you can't execute if you try

2 minutes ago, TOR said:

Man, I would usually file this as fanfic nonsense. But the way the OL and Ewers played versus last week I can’t call it complete bullshit. Our offense had about 10 different levels to it than last week.  

1 minute ago, TOR said:

I joked about him playing 3D chess that night ... but no. Tonight's team had the benefit of that tune-up game and the realization they had to bring it for 4 qtrs to win this one. The Tide didn't make this easy and even though Milroe is flawed, our defense pressured him into a lot of his mistakes. Dude made some stud plays regardless. Proud of how the team didn't cave this time and responded back with more Texas Fight. Hook'em.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I was hoping a brave soul would post the greatest hits from there and SEC Rant.

You'll have to venture over to the 9.95 forum for the atm stuff - begins on the 2nd post on this page www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/21187-hide-the-money-yall-theres-poor-people-around-enemy-screenshot-megathread/page/317/#comments

there's nothing from the rant yet

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Cmon man. Think about the game situation and what you are saying. This was a botched snap, not some ridiculous trick play

Watch the replay. Quinn never had any intention of fielding that snap. He grabs his wrist in case there is a review. He wanted the refs to see that he was never going to take the snap.

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I think we will never get a straight answer but insanely enough I think it was exactly that.  BUT I think the plan was for Sanders to pick it up and go.  If you watch Quinn he immediately comes up and grabs his wrist....he didn't seem to have any intention of fielding the snap.  Sanders was in motion and was directly behind QE3 at the snap and drops his hands like he is trying to field something off the ground....but the bounce fucked things up and fortunately Brooks was Johnny on the Spot.  

He was behind him to do the "Bush push" to propel him forward. The ball was luckily kicked backwards by one of the linemen (pretty sure) No way that was designed play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

In case nobody reading the other threads on the board, our leaders (that proceeded to never post shit from the tailgate) said they wanted $50K in the Texas One Fund tonight after we win.  Who else is doing their part.  Load it the fuck up.  These kids, and our future 5 stars, deserve it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

9053D49E-E379-40DF-B0B1-65EBCAF1C738.thumb.jpeg.f9bcd038a45dd5db1fd0866f376db046.jpeg

Not to be one of the weepy drunk dudes that @Hank Scorpio mentioned earlier, but the events on Maui have made this one of the most trying months of my life as a healthcare provider/human being and this is my first day off since 08/08. Much needed dub. Lfggggg

Go back to fucking beautiful women in paradise you weepy old fuck. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

16 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

How about Kitan Crawford? Guy’s been disappointing for years and flashed a couple times tonight 

He also gave up a shit ton of pass yards. It was night and day different when Catalon was in compared to Crawford. Thompson also got beat on the 4Q TD pass, great throw by Milroe. Our safeties (after Catalon) are probably the weak part of the defense, but Williams is going to fix that next year.

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I don't recognize todays team in Tuscaloosa as the same team that played here in Austin vs Rice last week.  Big difference. 

The fear is will they play down to Wyoming and the rest of the Big 12 like they did last year.

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I don't recognize todays team in Tuscaloosa as the same team that played here in Austin vs Rice last week.  Big difference. 

Exactly.  Did Sark flip the switch to 'AWESOME' in a week, or was the Rice game nick satan strategery.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, TOR said:

Did herbstreit say "what a troll job" after the rainbow bomb to x? Thought I heard something like that. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Jesus fuck there is no way we called for the QB under center to intentionally let the snap run up to his chest and then bounce off. I hope y'all are drunk as shit. 

I was thinking maybe the snap was supposed to go through the QB’s legs and was botched. Who knows?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Jesus fuck there is no way we called for the QB under center to intentionally let the snap run up to his chest and then bounce off. I hope y'all are drunk as shit. 

Wasting some good stuff, too.  That is Kentucky Deluxe level crazy thinking.  It was a possible disaster that we managed to avoid.

14 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Good God, y'all.

Quinn Ewers
C/ATT    YDS    TD    INT    
24/38    349    3    0   

Jalen Milroe
C/ATT    YDS    TD    INT    
14/27    255    2    2   

You like that? Try this.

Texas Defense: 5 sacks, 9 TFL.

Bama Defense: 0 sacks, 2 TFL.

105 vs 107 yards rushing, basically a push.

We beat their asses.

Might've been 70+% completion 450+ yards and 5 TDs if more things click.

Maybe closer to 10 sacks without the holds.

Good showing.  Lots of games left, but looking good.

Edited by Zuerst
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Not to burst your bubble, more to inform, but you can get Jinro Soju for about $6 at Target. It is the sneakiest deal out there.

No worries, I'm not offended.  I got this stuff at a 7-11 in Osaka.  I know it is cheap shit.  Purely a sentimental memento of our trip there.  It's probably more the fact that I had to ride on a goddamn airplane for 14 hours to bring it back from there, so it means a teeny bit more.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to 2023 Texas @ Alabama - 6pm on ESPN