The Big 12 is fucking awful

GreenspointTexas

Cougar High, after almost 30 years of bitching about being "left out," crying about how Power-status was the only thing they wanted, can't bothered to half-fill their babydick stadium for literally the most meaningful game in recent "school" history. What a big-boy conference of movers and shakers:

Screenshot_20230917_012134.png.041a831ebf38f8f0a44a57fac5a48b03.png

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

BYU sucked those last two match ups too. Fuck BYU and fuck Joseph Smith and fuck their racist white-and-delightsome cult.

Hey, I didn't say I liked BYU, only that they don't "suck".

They just beat Arky at their place, something we didn't handle on the last visit to Fayettnam, either.

5 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Fair enough, but they handled UT in the last two match-ups.

Yeah, I know we're better this year and it's a home game. K-State and TCU are trap games, too.

Every game is a trap game.

Just because Baylor sucked shit against Texas State doesn't mean they will suck shit against us. Everybody is desperate to beat a top 5 Texas, especially this year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Hard Times said:

So where's okielite jeffie to tell us how the cowgirls are gonna dominate the B12 this year?? Happy to see both Cuntdy the coach and player lose.

Damn, can't believe Sark lost that game last year, and we fucking don't get to own scoreboard over them this year.

The refs get at least half credit for that loss.

• Hook 'Em 1

BYU is always decent because their players are older than almost every team they play and that matters against most competition.  This year the Big 12 certainly does seem to suck but it's a strange CFB year.  The SEC has dropped off a cliff and the Pac 12 is the best P5 right now...that seems strange.  That said, we should  run the Big 12 but history says we probably won't.  That said a 1 loss Texas in the playoff and I think we can do that.

15 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm honestly surprised the conference tweeted this out:

That's just f'ing embarrassing for the conference that's been promoting the new entrants. I guess when OU hangs half a hundred on Cincinatti this weekend, the Big 12 can tweet out how dominant OU was. 

13 hours ago, Hozz said:

BYU is always decent because their players are older than almost every team they play and that matters against most competition.  This year the Big 12 certainly does seem to suck but it's a strange CFB year.  The SEC has dropped off a cliff and the Pac 12 is the best P5 right now...that seems strange.  That said, we should  run the Big 12 but history says we probably won't.  That said a 1 loss Texas in the playoff and I think we can do that.

The math says Texas probably won’t win out. It’s a low percentage outcome. 

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The math says Texas probably won’t win out. It’s a low percentage outcome. 

If it's not in Dallas, it's going to be one of those midd-November games.  @ TCU if they've figured shit out or @ ISU - mid-to-late November game in Ames, shitty weather probably and they usually play us tough in Ames - 3-3 in our last 6 trips since the lost decade started.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

If it's not in Dallas, it's going to be one of those midd-November games.  @ TCU if they've figured shit out or @ ISU - mid-to-late November game in Ames, shitty weather probably and they usually play us tough in Ames - 3-3 in our last 6 trips since the lost decade started.

I doubt it will be in Dallas, because focusness. It will probably be some stumblefuck that manages to hit a couple of big plays, gets something on special teams, or a pick six kind of deal and has sold out to stop the run and Ewers was unable to connect to make them pay… which could be just about anyone, I suppose. 

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Iowa State is really really really bad.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Crockett said:

For all y'all pissing on the Big 12, just a reminder that Texas hasn't won the Big 12 since 2009. I think the saying is "all hat, no cattle"?

I’m a blowU fan.  We owned this POS conference.  OU/UT conference championship the on way out would be glorious.  Mike Gundy totally shitting the bed is just icing on that tasty cake. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Crockett said:

For all y'all pissing on the Big 12, just a reminder that Texas hasn't won the Big 12 since 2009. I think the saying is "all hat, no cattle"?

Everyone here acknowledges that we have been wandering the desert for the last decade+. Nobody here is claiming we have been great during that time.*

If we were, then your point would be valid.

*Applies to football.  Over all sports, we have dominated this conference.

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Everyone here acknowledges that we have been wandering the desert for the last decade+. Nobody here is claiming we have been great during that time.*

If we were, then your point would be valid.

*Applies to football.  Over all sports, we have dominated this conference.

No offense, but ‘all sports’ in the grand scheme means dick.  Ask Stanford.  Hell, basketball is sadly pretty worthless in the grand scheme…ask KU and the rapists.  Football is 1/2/3/4 then maybe men’s hoops.  

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No offense, but ‘all sports’ in the grand scheme means dick.  Ask Stanford.  Hell, basketball is sadly pretty worthless in the grand scheme…ask KU and the rapists.  Football is 1/2/3/4 then maybe men’s hoops.  

I'm an alum and a fan.  I don't get any money from TV.  I'm not an athlete looking to go pro. I don't run the athletics dept or the University.

I love college baseball almost as much as college football and I am thrilled every time we make it to Omaha. I cheered for the volleyball team when we won the National Championship last year. I was pissed when Chris Beard fucked up what I thought was the beginning of a great era of men's basketball.

"All sports" matters to me. I'm not worried about the grand scheme.

What I claimed is the absolute truth.  We have dominated the Big XII.

• Hook 'Em 8

56 minutes ago, Crockett said:

And the rest of the conference has filled the void of that awful time in Texas football history to win how many national championships? When was the last time a Big 12 team other than one of those two did it?

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'm an alum and a fan.  I don't get any money from TV.  I'm not an athlete looking to go pro. I don't run the athletics dept or the University.

I love college baseball almost as much as college football and I am thrilled every time we make it to Omaha. I cheered for the volleyball team when we won the National Championship last year. I was pissed when Chris Beard fucked up what I thought was the beginning of a great era of men's basketball.

"All sports" matters to me. I'm not worried about the grand scheme.

What I claimed is the absolute truth.  We have dominated the Big XII.

Oh yeah.  Imo it’s sad others don’t matter as much.  I enjoy OU softball as much or more than football.  Edit: to add, when we were kids and OU softball wasn’t so good we hated seeing the PAC dominate OKC.  Not a front runner - in this instance…

This new world will likely eventually ruin cfb - who wants semipro BS?

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh yeah.  Imo it’s sad others don’t matter as much.  I enjoy OU softball as much or more than football.  
This new world will likely eventually ruin cfb - who wants semipro BS?

If you view football as simply the revenue generator to support the sports you actually care about, like I do, then all is well.

Just kidding, I still love football the most. 

• Haha 1