Woman becomes first non kicker to play college football

Lhorn

Here’s a female WR.  I think the first female scholarship non kicker.  
I don’t think she played though.  
She’s built about like X.

her dream of playing for the Seahawks has remained unfulfilled AFAIK but who knows what tomorrow may bring.

She beat cancer so “you go girl!”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-footballs-first-female-position-player-toni-harris-has-beat-cancer-critics-and-wide-receivers/amp/

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm all for equal rights, equality, equal pay for equal work, smashing the patriarchy, and all that, but a girl playing full contact football is not a good idea. But its her life, her decision.

I agree. her decision, glad she has the opportunity, I'm one tough bitch but those guys (not you surly guys who are we kidding) would knock my ass out. I mean shit, I lift weights and benching 40 pounds 3 reps of 12 and my arms are burning like the clap half of you motherfuckers have. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm all for equal rights, equality, equal pay for equal work, smashing the patriarchy, and all that, but a girl playing full contact football is not a good idea. But its her life, her decision.

I'm guessing someone has already had to have this conversation with her:

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

God, I hate this place sometimes.

it's gonna get worse, we are winning. check out how many new posters on this thread and the football board.  quite a few.  11 by my estimate are under a thousand posts and several are really new. shit happens, they'll figure it out, or not. SEC influx is coming too next year, ugh. hell, posters who've been here a decade or more and over 10,000 posts are still getting checks by their names on the chalkboard. some folks just are what they are. meh.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Here’s a female WR.  I think the first female scholarship non kicker.  
I don’t think she played though.  
She’s built about like X.

her dream of playing for the Seahawks has remained unfulfilled AFAIK but who knows what tomorrow may bring.

She beat cancer so “you go girl!”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-footballs-first-female-position-player-toni-harris-has-beat-cancer-critics-and-wide-receivers/amp/

If it’s possible to have a less than 0 percent chance of playing for the Seahawks, then Toni’s chances are lower than that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 3:22 AM, 52-80 said:

Deion Sanders would never….

Noooooo.....

I mean, didn't Texas Tech find a guy sitting on the couch at a fraternity house under Leach? That kick was so bad it's hard for me believe that you don't have intermural football players who could kick better than that. Also, does JSU not have a men's football team?

45 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Noooooo.....

I mean, didn't Texas Tech find a guy sitting on the couch at a fraternity house under Leach? That kick was so bad it's hard for me believe that you don't have intermural football players who could kick better than that. Also, does JSU not have a men's football team?

She came in and kicked one kickoff because she is a chick. Somebody else did the other kicks.

I think it would have been more interesting to roll a double amputee out the to kick off with his nub. That would have been a first and been just as effective.

Edited by po elvis
  • Haha 1