Week 6 2023 score prediction: Red River Shootout

Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

No, OU is up and feeling themselves... if you think last year would hurt more than this, I don't know what to tell you.  UT in a got damn tsunami.  You all deserve a bloodbath win when both teams come in high.  Long overdue.  Happens Saturday. 

Gotcha. Misread you. I’m saying this year- if we lose- will be by far the most painful RRS loss of my 33 years as a Texas fan. Maybe tied with 2004. Depends on how it goes down.  

• Hook 'Em 1

texas 30

ou 27

this one goes to ot 27-27.

228 rushing

it’s closer than we’d like. things don’t break our way for a good chunk of the game, we come out a bit flat.

we’re down at half something like 21-13.

fear not.

but fuck. a repeat of 49-0 would be so damn satisfying.

Edited by bangkok
49-0
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m saying this year- if we lose- will be by far the most painful RRS loss of my 33 years as a Texas fan. Maybe tied with 2004. Depends on how it goes down.  

That 2004 loss was the lowest I'd ever felt after a TX/OU game.  I felt so sick and empty.  It was utterly desolate. 

If we lose on Saturday, I won't feel as bad as I did in 2004 because I know that this year we will have the opportunity to rematch the fuckers and likely make the playoff anyway.  In all likelihood, we will have to play them twice this year regardless.  This game is still everything, and our team will treat it as such.  But beating them in the cotton bowl is not the end of the story this year, as far as us playing OU is concerned.

I don't know what to think about this game.  OU has a good schematic offense, but the defenses that they have played against so far are not in the same stratosphere as what they will see from us on Saturday.  So their usual tricks won't find near as much success against us.  But they are definitely high on themselves and believing that they are better than we are.  I get the sense that they will experience a rude awakening on Saturday... but it's a heated rivalry game so who the fuck really knows at the end of the day.

I view this game as kind of the reverse situation of 2011 or 2012... in both of those seasons we had good starts to the year (eg, some dominant wins and media hype) and we rolled into Dallas against a higher ranked OU team believing that we were going to pull the upset because we were pretty good too.  In both years, we got our asses completely handed to us, and our hopes and dreams for the season came quickly crashing down.  That could be the fate of this OU team after Saturday.  I think they still have a ways to go to being elite status again, but I think that Texas is already there (finally).  We lost 55-14 and 63-21, respectively in 2011 and 2012.  Let's just say that we "flip the script" this time, to borrow a phrase that Brent Venables has really tried popularizing this week about his team.

Texas 52

OU 21

Texas rushes for 238.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/1/2023 at 8:49 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

We are 3 scores better than then. We will have a great game plan. We will be fired up. Sometimes these things turn and get out of hand. That’s what’s going to happen this game. 

Texas 48

OU- 17

tiebreak- total yards rushing for Texas: 283. 

hook ‘Em high like an eagle soars  and give ‘Em hell, give ‘Em hell, OU SUCKS! 

Texas 35

OU 23

Texas rushing 257

• Wulaw Horn changed the title to Week 6 2023 score prediction: Red River Shootout