2024 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

When he went up for that long vertical fade vs Washington…man. The tequila started pouring.

You waited until that point in the game to start pouring tequila?

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Only Jett Bush, Ryan Sanborn, Ryan Watts, and Jordan Whittington are eligible Longhorns still hoping for their name to be called going into the final 2 rounds. 

I think Watts will get his name called and I don’t think any of the others will. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Only Jett Bush, Ryan Sanborn, Ryan Watts, and Jordan Whittington are eligible Longhorns still hoping for their name to be called going into the final 2 rounds. 

Three of those are definitely draft worthy. 

Whittington should definitely deserve to hear it so should Watts 

Edited by D3zii

2 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Weird. NFL Draft only has Watts and Whittington left on the board. 

9 of 11 drafted so far 

Happy for Keilan. I am sure he expected more time after transferring from Bama, but never seemed to pout and seemed like a team guy. I kept waiting for him to give up but was always ready to go.

Also good for Ford. In the right place, I think he could be a very useful piece.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

So we're tied for most picks now right?  Looks like Michigan and Washington also have 9.

Oregon had 5 (FIVE) in the 4th round alone. 

They also had Nix. 

Don’t know who else, but they have to be close. 

EDIT: Oregon has 7 so far.

IMG_4767.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'd take Watts on the eye test and JWhitt on the "amazing locker room dude" test.

I think a critical lesson JWhitt needs to learn is to dance less. Make your cut, turn north and step on the gas. He has good wiggle, but does it too much. He's left a lot of yards after the catch on the table as a result.

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I mean- maybe I am but as I said at the time- it would be very surprising if one of Keilan, Ross, Whitt, Sanborn, J Thompson or Kittan Crawford weren’t taken. Obviously the last 2 didn’t deflate and instead transferred, but man it only takes 1 team to like someone and special teams are a thing. 

I don't remember your wording but I think Sanborn would get picked. Keilan surprised me greatly and I would never have picked him. Good for him, though.

Edited by Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I think a critical lesson JWhitt needs to learn is to dance less. Make your cut, turn north and step on the gas. He has good wiggle, but does it too much. He's left a lot of yards after the catch on the table as a result.

Disagree.  I thought he was a huge YAC threat who broke tackles.  The critical lesson for him is the same as for Jordan Shipley:  don't get injured.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

The critical lesson for him is the same as for Jordan Shipley:  don't get injured.

This is a good lesson for ALL of our recruits and current players. 

Get it tattooed where you can see it on a regular basis, like on…

…a teammate’s arm.

31 minutes ago, D3zii said:

IMG_3345.thumb.jpeg.78981a0d54798b45793210c69c5134b7.jpeg

This is some of the most compelling data I’ve seen in a long time that talent is what wins championships. Obvious I know, but it also shows how impossible it is for a great coach to win with lower quality talent. 

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

This is some of the most compelling data I’ve seen in a long time that talent is what wins championships. Obvious I know, but it also shows how impossible it is for a great coach to win with lower quality talent. 

Uhh so Georgia having 15 players drafted a couple of years ago didn't do that already?

24 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Disagree.  I thought he was a huge YAC threat who broke tackles.  The critical lesson for him is the same as for Jordan Shipley:  don't get injured.

I don't disagree that he was, and is, a YAC threat in the manner you stated. But he often left meat on the bone in that regard. And when that happened, it was because he was stuttering left and right one or more times too many. Indeed, because it slowed him down too much to make use of his momentum to break tackles or plow ahead and also allowed defenders to close in when he often could have juked them entirely by just one or two cuts. It's an area he can improve on substantially IMO.

33 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Whittington I believe rates very highly in missed tackles force on pass receptions.  That could mean several things.  My vote is that he’s good with the ball in his hands.

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

Whittington I believe rates very highly in missed tackles force on pass receptions.  That could mean several things.  My vote is that he’s good with the ball in his hands.

I wish Houston would pick him up.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Uhh so Georgia having 15 players drafted a couple of years ago didn't do that already?

Who? Never heard of them. 

It the fact that all the playoff teams and the contenders for the playoffs are all at the top of the draft list. Pretty amazing.