Texas vs. byu - 2:30pm on ABC

Pancho

All I know is every time I watch a few series of a game they are playing it's pure domination.   Maybe it's just the sample size and shitty teams.   BYU never looked as good as KSU has.   I hope it is just the shitty competition but I think we'll have our hands full and need to play well to win.
K-state is always dangerous no matter what kind of season they're having, and they have one of the better coaches in the country. (Of course he's BDF and as such safe from aggy money whipping)
  • Hook 'Em 1

Glad we won! Light the tower. RZ offense needs work. Another concern would be our injuries. 

Not a popular opinion and I know we needed the RZ practice but our kicker needed some in game practice to kick FGs. We may have a game where it comes down to a FG and we blew two chances for that trying to go for a TD on 4th down. I understand we were playing BYU but…

Hook’em! 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Glad we won! Light the tower. RZ offense needs work. Another concern would be our injuries. 

Not a popular opinion and I know we needed the RZ practice but our kicker needed some in game practice to for FGs. We may have a game where it comes down to an FG and we blew two chances for that trying to go for a TD on 4th down. I understand we were playing BYU but…

Hook’em! 

I think Texas has a short yardage problem, not necessarily a red zone issue (they are inter-related). I would like to see some more Neto.. I just don’t think Majors and Conner anchor well enough in short-yardage situations. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, ousux said:
5 minutes ago, Skipper said:
All I know is every time I watch a few series of a game they are playing it's pure domination.   Maybe it's just the sample size and shitty teams.   BYU never looked as good as KSU has.   I hope it is just the shitty competition but I think we'll have our hands full and need to play well to win.

K-state is always dangerous no matter what kind of season they're having, and they have one of the better coaches in the country. (Of course he's BDF and as such safe from aggy money whipping)

K-State O-lines put Texas O-line to shame nearly every year.  Don’t get it.

21 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Good point. They're not gonna burn his redshirt. And I'm definitely ready for "The Return of the Ewers"

The ONLY way they burn his shirt is IF they play him in more than 5 games. If ya can't keep up, take notes.

16 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

Before all the bitching and whining sets in...    

7-1  BITCHES

Way, way late on that.

5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Manning will never play at TEXAS if it’s based on how much I touch myself at night. 
sorry not sorry GIF

Well don't fall for Imma's "free beer" trick. You'll end up chaffed and sober.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Good win.  I'm not sure how we fix our redzone issues at this point.  Especially with a backup QB we don't trust to throw into tight windows.  But after being embarrassed in back to back games the Defense showed up.   Imagine how dominating a performance that would have been if this shit conference actually called holding.

Next week is another story though.   KSU playing like a top 10 team right now.  Going to absolutely have to bring our A game to win.  Should be fun.

Defense played great.  But they always play great against substandard QB play. Next week will be a huge test.  

6 minutes ago, GTJ1982 said:

Honestly this felt like most of the games this season. A roller coaster of nerves but in the end we got score board.  

I was never worried for one second we’d win this game, not sure what some of y’all were watching, but losing never crossed my mind.

• Hook 'Em 4

Haven't watched every snap this year, but had the game on in the background doing some pumpkin carving party shit with the new neighbors and lost my mind on the second attempt to score on 4th down. At least KU won, folks they're saying OU is nothing but a bunch of limp-dick fuckasses.

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

I felt like our defense was never going to let those fuckers score.  Sweat and the line has tons of penetration on their o line and their QB sucks.

Their offense had a chance to punch it in from the 1 on a 4th down, but their dumbass team took a delay of game there. Their red zone offense makes ours look good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kdub said:

People are being gaping pussies about a 35-6 win. What the fuck??

No shit. I understand being unhappy with Texas’ showing in earlier games with Ewers at QB, but with a new QB starting his first game ever, people should be fired up about the result. MAGs not only seems like he sucks, he does suck. He’s not bright. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, immamac said:

I’m honestly starting to think everyone that posts here is an old man pussy. The tailgate showing needs to be better for kstate or I’m canceling Christmas. 

Ya we didn’t make it down today and I wish we had. Got tied up. 

1 hour ago, Kdub said:

People are being gaping pussies about a 35-6 win. What the fuck??

People are just being dumb. This game went more or less as should have been reasonably expected. If anyone expected Maalik Murphy - the RS FR recruited as a developmental project making his first start, after his first ever week of starter's reps in practice - to be anything but a mixed bag, that's on them. BYU accomplished nothing of significance on offense.

I like the Scipio-ism that football is graded pass-fail, and Texas passed today.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

Good win.  I'm not sure how we fix our redzone issues at this point.  Especially with a backup QB we don't trust to throw into tight windows.  But after being embarrassed in back to back games the Defense showed up.   Imagine how dominating a performance that would have been if this shit conference actually called holding.

Next week is another story though.   KSU playing like a top 10 team right now.  Going to absolutely have to bring our A game to win.  Should be fun.

We start by replacing Conner at LG. He just provides nothing other than watching the opposing team's defense beat him and tackle our guys behind the LOS.

• Like 3

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to call for the field-goal in Texas’ 2nd Drive of the second half. They had gone three and out in their first drive of The second half.  BYU followed that by with a 68 yard drive settling for a field goal.

Going up by 18 changes the complexion of the game.  BYU was never able to exploit the 10 yard cushion our corners were giving them. However, we had seen that too many times in the past, so there was a chance. PTSD  

As much as we want to see our goal line offense practiced, we also should have our coaches practice what they would do in real games.

Take the three possession lead, and let the defense unload on them.

That said, happy for the win.

• Hook 'Em 6