More screwed? USC or aggy

billfromlaketravis

Trojans have more upside, if they get the right decision makers. aggy - good luck with that “sleeping giant” of a cess pool. Only the $$$ bags will keep them relevant, because there isn’t enough “National talent” in the Western Houston suburbs and North Shore to keep them in the top of college football.

Hook’em!!!

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

A.) An undisputed blue blood, top 5 all time program with a coach who, despite his flaws, turned a 5-7 team into a CFP contender in Year 1 and is sitting at 7-2; as well as gobs of donor money and essentially a home field monopoly on one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country

This is a serious overestimation of USC's position. I mean we've been walking in and taking Mater Dei kids for years now. 

Let's not prop up SC to make fun of aggy - they both have issues. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is a serious overestimation of USC's position. I mean we've been walking in and taking Mater Dei kids for years now. 

Let's not prop up SC to make fun of aggy - they both have issues. 

The only part of that which isn't necessarily true at this very moment is the recruiting bit, but it doesn't change that they have a pretty high floor by virtue of a home field advantage in SoCal at least comparable to what UT has in Texas. Certainly more than A&M does.

I think it’s closer than y’all think. I believe Riley’s buyout is around $90 million and Jimbo’s buyout is mid $70 million. 

USC is also looking at a couple years of the fish out water adjustment in the Big Ten. They’ll face some serious defenses and crumble. Meanwhile, aggy expects and accepts to get prison raped in the SEC. 

16 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think it’s closer than y’all think. I believe Riley’s buyout is around $90 million and Jimbo’s buyout is mid $70 million. 

USC is also looking at a couple years of the fish out water adjustment in the Big Ten. They’ll face some serious defenses and crumble. Meanwhile, aggy expects and accepts to get prison raped in the SEC. 

Are you kidding me? 75% of the teams in the Big Ten are running offenses from the stone age. I don't think USC is the one who is going to have to adjust.

USC will be okay, at least relative to A&M. They will make Riley fire Grinch and give him a blank check to get the best DC he can.  If they improve just marginally on defense, they will be in contention for the 12 team playoff. A&M on the other hand, is proper fucked. They aren't functional on either side of the ball and their coach is a horrible overly conservative losing game manager. They are hopeless.

• Like 1

Whos the bigger idiot billfromlaketravis or greenspoint, USC is not even thinking about ditching Lincoln anytime soon
Maybe not but is lil Lincoln thinking of ditching condom? Not sure he's up for building a B1G style team and potentially playing late season games in a blizzard.

16 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They will smash the Iowa/Illinois/Minnesota type teams

I don't know - will they? They've struggled against those type teams this season in the P12. 

A lot of posters in this thread are way too high on USC because the premise is comparing them to aggy. SC has serious issues. 

Is USC looking at buying out LR?  They had a great year last year.  Disappointing a bit lately but he’s still in that “he needs to get his guys”, “trust the process”, “just need to get a better DC” phase. If he stops falling ass first into Heisman quality QBs things might get ugly fast but Usc’s no were near as tired of his ass as aggy is with Jimbo.  

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Are you kidding me? 75% of the teams in the Big Ten are running offenses from the stone age. I don't think USC is the one who is going to have to adjust.

You're probably right.  I'm sure an offensive system that depends on precise route running and timing will hold up just peachy keen when it's 20 degrees F, and sleeting in Madison, Ann Arbor, Columbus, etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

If Lincoln leaves they will have their pick of whatever fucking coach they want, in no way is USC screwed

That’s been true forever and look who they’ve hired.  Lane Kiffin, Clay Helton, some other guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

• Haha 1