THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Says CFP Committee is supposed to put the best 4 teams in... 

ESPN is freaking out that the SEC might get left out with FSU in the playoff. 

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I have plans most of the day Saturday and that night and I'm not happy about it. 

Cancel them. I did. 

I don’t think ESPN is freaking out that the SEC would get left out with FSU in the playoff. 

I think they are freaking out because they know FSU in the playoff will result in a blowout. No one is going to watch them get destroyed by Georgia. ESPN would be fine with a “new” team in and that new team being Texas. 

Georgia/Alabama

Michigan

Oregon

Texas

That is what ESPN wants. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Sure you can. Will they?, Most likely no. Should they? Yes. Why? QB is without question the most important position in all of sports and theirs won't be playing football anytime soon. Do they deserve to be in if they win out? Sure. The goal of the selection committee is to put the 4 best teams in a playoff. Is FSU one of the 4 best teams in the country with their starting QB out? Fuck no, they might be in the top ten IMHO. They will get boat raced if they make it in. Who wants to watch that besides Florida fans?
I agree with you, but the committee spokesman came out and said injuries won't factor into their rankings. If FSU wins their conference they will be undefeated in the ACC. Did they benefit from a bipolar Miami and sub par Clemson and NC teams this year? Of course, but they can't control that anymore than bloU going on to suck more than usual after handing us an L back in October.

These charts and percentages are pointless. Nobody knows what this committee will do because it's comprised of old white people suffering from vascular dementia due to poor diet and lack of exercise. Ask your grandma who the final four is to get a pulse of the committee.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

No, no, no, no. In your scenario you will end up with 8 one loss teams and the committee can do whatever they wish with no worry about optics. You'll end up with tOSU as #1 and Texas eating a shit sandwich still at #7.

You want Georgia and Washington to win to send Oregon and Bama to the 2 loss crowd and completely out of the picture. Asking Iowa to score over 17 is just too much to ask, so you can't rely on a Michigan loss. But three undefeated teams results in just 3 one loss teams in tOSU, FSU, and Texas and Texas the only one with a title.

Just need a Louisville win and all else chalk. It is the way.

Three of the one loss teams would be conference champions Texas, Oregon and Alabama. After that I don’t give a shit who makes the fourth team 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think I saw it posted earlier but no fucking way am I going back to find it.   A call for a bet on how Texas gets in over Oregon?  Zero percent probability I’ve read over and over.      
I’m interested.  
Come Saturday night if it’s Michigan, Fla St, Oregon, Texas and Bama with wins I will take Texas and Bama getting in and Oregon gets left out.     It’s been beaten into my head that they’re zero chance that Oregon gets left out.     So my $1000 at least 200 to 1 odds.  Make it 300 to 1 since it’s zero chance right?   Probably not going to happen with those five teams winning but I will check back in Sat night for any takers.   

1 hour ago, immamac said:

My opinion of him just changed completely. WOW. 

lol hearing F bombs in Herbstriet's voice is just weird.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Este. Holiday Party invitation declined. 

Have dinner reservations Saturday night and honestly I'm fine with that. Don't need to be stress watching FSU vs Louisville. Texas is either a 12-1 Big 12 Champion and it is the best sports day in 14 years or they aren't and no one cares about FSU.

28 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Come Saturday night if it’s Michigan, Fla St, Oregon, Texas and Bama with wins I will take Texas and Bama getting in and Oregon gets left out.    

I think it's more likely undefeated FSU slides than 1 loss Oregon, but I don't think either is happening in that scenario.  More likely Bama or Texas gets screwed (which I see as a toss up). FSU is the clear outlier in the top 8 after losing their QB.    

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

These charts and percentages are pointless. Nobody knows what this committee will do because it's comprised of old white people suffering from vascular dementia due to poor diet and lack of exercise. Ask your grandma who the final four is to get a pulse of the committee.

3 are black guys, 1 is a Hispanic guy and 1 is a woman (I think). OU cheeleader's mom maybe?

image.png.9fe0e5e540218cc0b4169e2b895da9ff.png

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, linux said:

All I want to say is fuck the idiots that wanted to keep the playoffs at 4 teams and before them wanted to keep the BCS. Seriously how fucking stupid do you have to be to think this?

I have mixed feelings. Texas could have a shot this year. Under the new system, OU would too.

1 minute ago, Gut Wagon said:

Some of the least rational fans I've found on social media are Oregon groupies. Maybe even worse than aggy. They're still trying to get credit for beating Colorado. 

We didn't get a chance to play the last place team in the Big 12. So they do have that over us.

8 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Full image...

image.thumb.png.de2e752d0f988bf9016a05b7c484c7b0.png

The complaint going forward will be that FSU bracket, what a dumpster.

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

I think it's more the idea the motivation to beat an Ohio State, Michigan, USC, etc. in non-conf brings a team together in the offseason more than "ho hum, ULM, UTSA and UTEP" 

that’s not how the SEC works…. We get a week 1 or 2 big matchup like LSU/UGA or whatever so the loser has plenty of time to recover in the polls, then play UTEP in November.   That is the way.  Probably need to add North Texas or Texas State, maybe pluck one of Aggies FCS for our fourth OOC.

3 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I do not understand the Oregon love. at. all. It seems they want the 1 loss team in the playoffs to be Oregon.

If you watched the, play a few times you’d understand.  They really don’t have a weakness and have been getting better all season.  And Nix is legit.  Dude’s like an 80% passer.

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

If you watched the, play a few times you’d understand.  They really don’t have a weakness and have been getting better all season.  And Nix is legit.  Dude’s like an 80% passer.

He’s had 59 fucking college starts to work out the kinks. 

The Covid year was a nice gesture but it’s gotten ridiculous. Dude started 11 games in 2020. Didn’t miss shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]