THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

No they won’t. Idk how many times it needs to be repeated. They’ve never left out a 1 loss P5 champ for a non-champ. 
I’ve said it before- I think people here want Texas left out just so they can say they were right 

How many of those previous scenarios involved a 2-time defending national champion from God’s gift to football conferences?
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Drifterwood said:

How many of those previous scenarios involved a 2-time defending national champion from God’s gift to football conferences?

If we are going to use results from previous seasons, lets throw the 2019 Sugar Bowl into the mix.  It is every bit as relevant.  

Edited by idigTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

No they won’t. Idk how many times it needs to be repeated. They’ve never left out a 1 loss P5 champ for a non-champ. 

I’ve said it before- I think people here want Texas left out just so they can say they were right 

Yeah it would be different if we weren't also a helmet school and a huge brand. They wouldn't outright screw us just to force Georgia in. If Georgia wants in they need to win.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Yes they will. Even Finebaum admitted today that UGA is out if they lose and Texas wins. He didnt like it and advocated against it. But that's the breaks. 

333.png&h=60&w=60

No. 8 Alabama: Path to the playoff: Win the SEC and hope Texas loses. Or win the SEC and have Florida State lose; that would leave Michigan, the Pac-12 champion, Alabama and Texas in the top four. The selection committee would consider one-loss Georgia and one-loss Ohio State in this scenario, but it would be difficult for them to justify, considering Alabama would have knocked off its top team, and Texas would have a win against the SEC champs. If Texas loses but Florida State wins, the top four could be Michigan, the Pac-12 champion, Florida State and Alabama.

for what it's worth.... I'm rooting for Georgia, I don't trust the committee one iota 

• Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

As far as tonight, I assume it’s better for us if Washington wins. The Pac12 is getting someone in and I see it better for us that Washington is undefeated and Oregon has 2 losses. Oregon then gets zero consideration.  If Oregon wins, it’s possible that a 1 loss Washington gets some type of consideration over Texas.

or do I have this wrong, and it’s better for us to have more 1 loss teams out there?

As far as tonight, I assume it’s better for us if Washington wins. The Pac12 is getting someone in and I see it better for us that Washington is undefeated and Oregon has 2 losses. Oregon then gets zero consideration.  If Oregon wins, it’s possible that a 1 loss Washington gets some type of consideration over Texas.
or do I have this wrong, and it’s better for us to have more 1 loss teams out there?

IMO the less teams in consideration the better. Texas wants Bama and Oregon eliminated from discussion.

Reality though is it likely comes down to winning and then Louisville winning for Texas to get in.

The doomsday scenario for Texas is a playoff of Michigan Washington FSU and …… Bama. This place would implode, but even with the head to head I don’t see the SEC getting left out, especially since they will have just knocked out the number 1 team and Texas is playing Okstate
  • Hook 'Em 1

the clearest path includes Oregon winning.
if Washington, Michigan and Georgia win those are 3 spots sewn up 100% no matter what. a 1 loss Texas has no chance of passing a 0 loss Washington
if Oregon wins + Michigan and Georgia, that's 2 spots sewn up and at least a minimal chance for Texas to pass a 1 loss Oregon.

The only was Texas passes Oregon is if Alabama wins too.
If Iowa played 3 games vs Michigan do you think they could score double digits? 

Once or cumulatively?

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Cornheiser and Wilbon were both just saying that Texas should get in and Bama and Georgia should be left out if Bama wins.

Heard that, but it is not going to happen. Winner gets in. Sucks, but then so does our conference. One drive vs. OU is going to bite us in the ass again. 

Washington is out with a loss unless all kinds of crazy shit happens tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

if you looking at this as just one spot up for grabs.  Wash is in 100% with a win, Oregon isn't in with a win for sure.  Wash is out with a loss unless some really crazy shit happens with Mich/FSU/Ga/Texas losing.

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if you looking at this as just one spot up for grabs.  Wash is in 100% with a win, Oregon isn't in with a win for sure.  Wash is out with a loss unless some really crazy shit happens with Mich/FSU/Ga/Texas losing.

I don’t see how Oregon would be left out with a win. It’s #5 beating #3. How could they not move up at least 1 spot?

54 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don’t see how Oregon would be left out with a win. It’s #5 beating #3. How could they not move up at least 1 spot?

Finally went back and listened to Klatt with The Hard Line this week and he thinks if Oregon, Texas and Bama win, we have a path to pass Oregon. I could see that but he spent the first half the segment ripping the CFP a new one for brain-dead decisions to this point.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Maybe, just maybe, the eye test is bullshit. See current Oregon score. Long way to go and they certainly may come back, but someone should tell the committee their eyes suck. 

I mean what is the point of even having SOS as a factor if it won't be considered a tie breaker when the difference is at least 40 spots with 2 teams with the same record and both conf champs?  we even have another tiebreaker from the list and it still doesn't matter.

Better loss is the only thing they have.

the clearest path includes Oregon winning.
if Washington, Michigan and Georgia win those are 3 spots sewn up 100% no matter what. a 1 loss Texas has no chance of passing a 0 loss Washington
if Oregon wins + Michigan and Georgia, that's 2 spots sewn up and at least a minimal chance for Texas to pass a 1 loss Oregon.
I disagree. Oregon has been ranked ahead of us all season. Their one loss is to a top 4 team that they would have just beaten. They win, they're in without a doubt over us.

Oregon loses and we're the clear top one-loss team. With that and a FSU loss I think they'd have a really hard time leaving us out regardless of other outcomes.

If we are going to use results from previous seasons, lets throw the 2019 Sugar Bowl into the mix.  It is every bit as relevant.  

To be clear, I’m not saying I think Georgia should get a spot if they lose. The “shoulds” don’t matter because the committee doesn’t have a transparent process and can do whatever the fuck they want with 4-7 teams on Sunday and don’t have to answer to anyone. The SEC bias is real and I don’t know why anyone would consider the committee immune to it.

Trying to think of whether I can remember another potential threepeat scenario that was milked dry for ratings ahead of a national championship game…

17 minutes ago, Horny04 said:

I disagree. Oregon has been ranked ahead of us all season. Their one loss is to a top 4 team that they would have just beaten. They win, they're in without a doubt over us.

Oregon loses and we're the clear top one-loss team. With that and a FSU loss I think they'd have a really hard time leaving us out regardless of other outcomes.

If we win, we would be the clear top one loss team regardless. No need for Oregon to lose. Either FSU or Michigan lose, and we would for sure be in. 

Edited by Dahobbs

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]